Spectacular Member

Default Any demand for Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker action figures?

I’m honestly surprised there’s not even a collectible statue made out of him yet (or at least officially). Given the massive success of the film, you’d think DC wouldn’t waste an opportunity for that.

BANNED

Yeah, i want one.

Maybe because Joker was obviously not a movie intended for children they don't want a toy version of the character, despite the fact lots of adults collect action figures. I would guess a lot of
    busy body groups would raise a stink about this and WB doesn't want the negative publicity. A lot of stink was raised about Batman Returns toys in Happy Meals and that was before the internet
    was as big a thing. So I can sort of imagine the blow back this would cause.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Regular action figure no but maybe there will be Hot Toys.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Maybe because Joker was obviously not a movie intended for children they don't want a toy version of the character, despite the fact lots of adults collect action figures. I would guess a lot of
    busy body groups would raise a stink about this and WB doesn't want the negative publicity. A lot of stink was raised about Batman Returns toys in Happy Meals and that was before the internet
    was as big a thing. So I can sort of imagine the blow back this would cause.
    So we can get an action figure of Jason Voorhees or Negan but god help it if there’s one of a guy who’s more famous for dancing on steps?

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    So we can get an action figure of Jason Voorhees or Negan but god help it if there’s one of a guy who’s more famous for dancing on steps?
    Those characters are less associated with comic books and to the general public and especially the busy bodies action figures for comic book characters are toys for children. I don't know, I was just offering a theory.