Default Netflix Bullseye vs John Wick

For all rounds, John has a High Table armor's helmet on top of his usual bulletproof suits, to compensate for the fact that Dex's Daredevil suit has a bullet-resistant helmet.

Round 1: Standard fight. John has his gun, Poindexter has his billy clubs (or a gun if the clubs cannot damage John).

Round 2: Neither of them starts with weapons. However they are each at one end of an office supplies store, at night so that there is nobody else.

Bonus round: John vs Matt, H2H. Matt has the Daredevil armor, but is physically his first half of Season 3 self (let's say around the first Bullseye fight).

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Fight one might legit be a mutual kill. A slight advantage to Dex, at standard arena distances. Dex will not miss, and while John likely won't, he's not as ridiculously automatic as Dex.

Fight two is Dex, all day every day. John is going to have his face brutally penetrated by whatever Dex can touch, bounced off walls and shelves and whatever.

Bonus round is advantage Matt. If it was episode 1 through 3, maybe I'd give it to John, but that's not this. At the first fight with Dex, Matt was already better, he just started getting riduculously pasted by thrown objects in ways he just didn't expect, he was wearing a t-shirt and chinos, and he still wasn't at full bore physically. Here, you've given him armor, a helmet, armored gloved with steel plates for extra hitting power and nobody who can remotely soften him up at a distance like Dex could at the Bulletin. It won't be a complete stomp, but Matt should take the very solid majority.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Fight two is Dex, all day every day. John is going to have his face brutally penetrated by whatever Dex can touch, bounced off walls and shelves and whatever.
    Even with the helmet I gave him?

Bonus round is advantage Matt. If it was episode 1 through 3, maybe I'd give it to John, but that's not this. At the first fight with Dex, Matt was already better, he just started getting riduculously pasted by thrown objects in ways he just didn't expect, he was wearing a t-shirt and chinos, and he still wasn't at full bore physically. Here, you've given him armor, a helmet, armored gloved with steel plates for extra hitting power and nobody who can remotely soften him up at a distance like Dex could at the Bulletin. It won't be a complete stomp, but Matt should take the very solid majority.
    Fair enough, what if he gets his S3 outfit then, handwraps only (in exchange, John doesn't get a helmet)? Now that I think about it, maybe I should crunch some numbers regarding the speed at which Dex throws stuff, but it's late enough, maybe I'll get on it tomorrow .

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Even with the helmet I gave him?
    Even with the helmet, yeah, Dex is that ridiculous. Matt is much quicker than Wick, plus has all of his sensory advantages, and Matt had huge issues dodging stuff tossed by Dex. I just this week (thanks confinement) rewatched S3 of Daredevil. Dex does things like, while moving, at night, taking fire, deflecting a bullet off a lamp pole to headshot a guy completely behind cover. He hits Matt with a bunch of things deflected off sorrounding objects, and with pinpoint accuracy. He casually throws a gun behind him with a backhand and KOs the FBI SAIC from 10 or more meters away. He throws out steak knives a dozen at a time and kills multiple FBI agents in different directions (basically, like a mini MCU Hela). He does tons of no-look shots, thrown and shot, and never misses.

Matt makes him miss some and deflects some of his shots, but that's Matt, a dude who aim dodges bullets all the time and who catches arrows trivially out of the sky when it's literally impossible that he could have detected them from further than a few feet away. Outside of that, Dex never misses with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Fair enough, what if he gets his S3 outfit then, handwraps only (in exchange, John doesn't get a helmet)? Now that I think about it, maybe I should crunch some numbers regarding the speed at which Dex throws stuff, but it's late enough, maybe I'll get on it tomorrow .
    Dex throws stuff in mass a few times, rapid firing silverware, pieces of a lamp, stuff like that, all with perfect accuracy. He unloads probably 7 or 8 in a second a couple of times, at different targets in different directions.

John does not want to get into an improvised weapon battle with Dex, is what I'm saying.

As for Matt in his t-shirt and chinos, with the muai thai ropes (what I assume you were talking about), the fight gets a bit closer, but it's still Matt's. He's a fair bit quicker than John, more agile, more skilled, hits as hard, and has at least as good a soak (John hits hard, Matt, while slowed and hurt, repeatedly takes multiple hits from Fisk, and dude who smashes skulls with his hands and uses a 495lb barbell as a weapon, from Frank, who one-shots large strong men left and right, from Elektra, on days when she's knocking around Luke like a child's toy, etc.). None of the tricks people can do to favor themselves over Matt are in John's playbook, and in any case, Matt has adapted to all of them anyway. John's suit protects from penetrating damage, but isn't going to offer a lot against punches and kicks, and his head is unprotected here.

I'd put John somewhere around Dex's level in HtH - in everything: soak, hitting power, skill - and Matt whomps on Dex in HtH alone. Dex only comes out ahead when he can improvise weapons.
    Last edited by big_adventure; 04-13-2020 at 04:56 AM.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member

I go Dex over John most of the time. There is a chance that John does shoot Dex in the mouth or eyes. H2H, I don't see John winning. Without the armor and with guns, John has a much better chance of shooting both of them.