View Poll Results: Which fortress would you pick to self-quarantine in?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fortress 1

1 3.13%
  • Fortress 2

0 0%
  • Fortress 3

6 18.75%
  • Fortress 4

1 3.13%
  • Fortress 5

5 15.63%
  • Fortress 6

19 59.38%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well TBF i wouldn’t mind having to restart the human race w. Harley Quinn Or Poison Ivy.
    7 whole posts in before this came up. Bleh.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Who wants to lock themselves with Batman Who Laughs, Joker and Darkseid?
    Number 1 has Batman and Rorschach, that's gonna be annoying too

It has the dog
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-12-2020 at 02:48 PM.

Well, Booster is absolutely going to break quarantine on a whim... but it's also the only fortress I don't see myself actually getting MURDERED in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    A buncha little Harley Rivs and Poison Rivy’s running around...

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

To be fair, #6 was the only one without supervillains in it so it's not like there were a lot of good options.
    Assassinate Putin!

Boisterously Confused

I chose 6, but only because the instructions didn't assure I could have a comfy seat behind an impenetrable force field with plenty of snacks to watch the circus.

Oh, it's gotta be 6.

Booster will be annoying, but fun. Mostly annoying, but whatever, he'll probably just take off within ten minutes anyway.

Grayson would be a lot of fun to hang with, Babs will make sure the video games work right (and I'd love to see her custom workshop maps on Overwatch). And I like dogs; as long as Krypto doesn't smell my wife's cats when I first show up and melt me with heat vision, we'll get along great.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Torn between Fortress 1 and Fortress 6. Fortresses 2-4 all have one person I would never want to be near, no matter what, those "No Matter Whats" being The Batman Who Laughs, Darkseid, and The Joker.

Fortresses 2-5 also include multiple people who I'd consider severely questionable, and I'd only consider rooming with them if I had full Comics Awareness of the traits of This Specific Incarnation of the character. The "Severely Questionables" are Lex Luthor, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Amanda Waller, and Mr. Mxyzptlk.

That leaves Fortress One (Batman, Jimmy Olsen, Hawkgirl, Rorschach, and Detective Chimp) and Fortress Six (Nightwing, Booster Gold, Martian Manhunter, Krypto, and Batgirl).

To be honest, Fortress Six is by far the safer choice, assuming "standard" personalities and identities for the five denizens. Everyone there is reasonable, except maybe for Booster, nobody is a psychopath, and three out of five (Dick, J'onn, and Barbara) are leaders with experience dealing with interpersonal drama among people in tight-knit groups. Clearly the best Fortress.

Fortress One though, has Jimmy Olsen. I would love a chance to hang out with Jimmy freaking Olsen. I ultimately think I'd be more likely to pick Fortress Six (especially if my fiancee comes with - she'd never forgive me if I let her miss the chance to meet J'onn and Barbara!) but I am at least tempted to put up with Batman, Rorschach, and Detective Chimp (in increasing order of "I'm not sure if I can handle it") if it means getting to hang out with Jimmy Olsen.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    So...
    This one right here
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Yeah, some people like sex, go figure. (and the choices are definitely better if you're into men) I bet we'll see a whole lot of "quarantine babies" 9 months from now too.

To address the question in any way that's interesting for me, I'd have to assume Joker or Darkseid isn't going to just try to kill everyone. That said:
    Fortress 1: Batman would be too bossy and Rorschach would be too serious - PASS
    Fortress 2: Can you imagine what day 12 of lockdown with Swamp Thing would smell like? - PASS
    Fortress 3: Seems like a potentially fun mix if not for Darkseid, but like I said, if he's not just going to kill me...: MAYBE
    Fortress 4: Hal's my favorite and he'd be great to hang out with. Zatanna's magic would be very useful and entertaining. Maybe she and Joker could create an act: MAYBE
    Fortress 5: I keep picturing Myxy with Gilbert Gottfried's voice: PASS
    Fortress 6: Seems like the nicest, easiest Fortress of the bunch and I like dogs: MAYBE

So, between 3,4 and 6 I'll go with 4: Zatanna's hot, Hal Jordan's my favorite, their powers could conjure up all sorts of things both useful and entertaining, Plas is fun and Joker would be fascinating to spend time with as long as he's not trying to kill you. I'm sure Adam strange is fine.

I just don't see Joker, being stuck in a confined space for weeks on end, not deciding to stab everyone in their sleep eventually.

I mean, depending on the version of Joker and how long the quarantine went, it might be fine. The older, less psychotic versions of Joker would probably be able to maintain for a week or two before they grab the laughing fish (and might even be really fascinating to talk to) but with the newer, modern versions I feel like I'd be lucky to make it as far as lunch on the first day before he stabbed me just for the lolz.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yeah, some people like sex, go figure. (and the choices are definitely better if you're into men) ...
    Right...

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Right...
    I'd just like to log my complaint about sparkle Lobo being included over his proper version.

Some people dig the rough-n-tumble biker vibe, okay? Everyone else on that list is a clean shaven pretty boy, we need some alpha male testosterone badassness here! Where's the variety man?

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'd just like to log my complaint about sparkle Lobo being included over his proper version.

Some people dig the rough-n-tumble biker vibe, okay? Everyone else on that list is a clean shaven pretty boy, we need some alpha male testosterone badassness here! Where's the variety man?

He'd just overshadow the other lads.
    He's on a (quarantine) list all his own.
    So you and him can self-quarantine together.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-15-2020 at 05:51 AM.