Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

They sort of made a LEGO version of the avengers movie. It was pretty fun but I know what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    I thought it was hilarious how they got some of the movie actors for the Iron Man game but RDJ only played Tony for out-of-armor cutscenes .

Captain America and the Avengers FTW
    They had a fighting game follow up as well. Galactic storm was fighting game based on the comic. You can even play as thunderstrike and black knight! It was not a good fighter however.

There was the Spider-Man arcade also who had you picking spidey, sub-mariner, black cat and hawkeye!

Wonder how many kids knew who the other heroes were?

[IMG][/IMG]

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction is honestly one of the GOAT superhero games. Having Jenkins write the plot probably helped with that, since he wrote the Hulk comic. It was my first into to the Hulk along with the old TV show and it made him my favorite Marvel character. How have we never gotten a spiritual successor? The building blocks are right here!

Well, we kinda did get one51zEAZyjrkL._AC_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Well, we kinda did get one51zEAZyjrkL._AC_.jpg
    I heard it was nowhere near as good but never played it myself.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    They had a fighting game follow up as well. Galactic storm was fighting game based on the comic. You can even play as thunderstrike and black knight! It was not a good fighter however.

There was the Spider-Man arcade also who had you picking spidey, sub-mariner, black cat and hawkeye!

Wonder how many kids knew who the other heroes were?

[IMG][/IMG]
    I remember the Spider-Man video game Arcade.
    It was not a easy game to find in the Arcade places back then,but i managed to play it some times and spend some coins in it.
    I knew Hawkeye from Avengers and Captain America comic books and Black Cat from Spider-Man comic books.
    Namor was the character i knew the least.
    I think i might knew of Namor from Fantastic Four stories or stories of Spider-Man that had Namor but it was surprising to see him in a Spider-Man video game.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I heard it was nowhere near as good but never played it myself.
    It's not as good though it's mostly in the story points. Pretty much par for the course when it comes to movie tie-ins and doesn't have as crazy of combat as Ultimate could get. Though I think The Incredible Hulk did have it's fair share of pros like the more detailed Hulk models, the array of alternate costumes and even playable characters (though they all played like Hulk), and more detailed destruction.

I do wish both games are easier to find outside of a local retro game shop. Both titles are pricey as Hell on Amazon. Someone needs to come in an make a new Hulk game at some point.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

The Hulk movie game (for Ang Lee's one that is) had the Grey Hulk as an option, and even gave him dialogue reflective of his smarter but 'cruder' persona.

In other Hulk/Marvel games, Joe or Grey seems to be mainly a reskin/alternate look and they don't really seem to alter any dialogue whatsoever, so it's mainly just "Hulk smash" or the usual roars and growls.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The Hulk movie game (for Ang Lee's one that is) had the Grey Hulk as an option, and even gave him dialogue reflective of his smarter but 'cruder' persona.

In other Hulk/Marvel games, Joe or Grey seems to be mainly a reskin/alternate look and they don't really seem to alter any dialogue whatsoever, so it's mainly just "Hulk smash" or the usual roars and growls.
    The Incredible Hulk used different roars for Abomination didn't it? I know they definitely used the Hulkbuster grunts for Hulkbuster Iron man. It's been awhile so I'm not sure if they made any changes for Ironclad though. I still have my copy so I might go and check that.
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Although it's not *quite* the same thing, The Spider-Man 2018 game has all the MCU Spider-Suits(Including the cheap one), and also the Sam Raimi/Tobey suit as available skins.

It doesn't have the Spider-man 3 black variant though (It doesn't even have the comics version!) or the Garfield versions.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Although it's not *quite* the same thing, The Spider-Man 2018 game has all the MCU Spider-Suits(Including the cheap one), and also the Sam Raimi/Tobey suit as available skins.

It doesn't have the Spider-man 3 black variant though (It doesn't even have the comics version!) or the Garfield versions.
    The reason for the Black suit being absent was due to them wanting to save it for a symbiote story-arc. So while they eventually did the Raimi suit it also meant omitting the black costume.
    The Raimi suit also required another license because while Marvel owns a lot of the MCU Spider-man suits they still don't own the Raimi. The Garfield suits did have some demand though, but it may have required another license and they had a set amount of DLC to release. That being said it didn't stop them releasing the FFH costumes but the price on Garfield might've been too much.

The Amazing Spider-man series was a little weird because it had both red and black Raimi (and a black version of the Garfield) suit but the sequel didn't. The sequel instead has the comic black costume and of all things Spider-Carnage. Granted Carnage was in ASM2 but he wasn't in the film. ASM2 is pretty much the poster child of bad superhero movie games doing its own thing right up there with X-men origins.

Incredible Member

I've got the Captain America one. It wasn't great but a decent Arkham clone. I've actually decided to track down the others. They make a nice little alternate universe addition to the main MCU.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    I've got the Captain America one. It wasn't great but a decent Arkham clone. I've actually decided to track down the others. They make a nice little alternate universe addition to the main MCU.
    Weird thing worth mentioning is that the MCU tie-in games had been canonical to the MCU. They'd been soft-canon to it sure but the events of the games had been meant to be at least to a degree reflective of canon. The reason it stopped was partially because they stopped doing them and they had no reason to work around the games. So the soft-canon became its own universe once the MCU just disregarded them. So circa-2008 the Hulkbuster was already a thing and Talbot even died wearing one. The existence of characters like Crimson Dynamo or Thor's adventures in the realms even was but it ultimately got ignored with later releases.

The Webb films with Garfield actually went as far to be their own continuity. So as far as the ASM games went, the first movie happened and a rendition of ASM2 occurred but instead of Gwen dying the two simply broke up. Carnage even appeared in that it was wild.

The Raimi universe however is weird about it because despite Spidey's adventures being pretty covered it's accepted that the events of the games are canonical with the films. So the Raimi version of Spider-man fought Kraven a few times and New Goblin technically appears twice.

The Raimi films are also considered canonical to Spider-man: Friend or Foe. The only difference here is that SHIELD exists and Spider-man's villains survive the films. Funnily enough while Electro never appeared in the games or films he actually gets referenced in the third game. Electro is also seen in FF and playable.