Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default X-Stories After the Quarantine

Good evening/day friends!

While we all patiently(?) wait for things to settle down and start returning to "normal", I thought it might be fun to refresh ourselves on where we left off and ponder/speculate on what we have coming to us.

Firstly...

Is this event connected to the Summoner and his demon pets?

Broo is king of the Brood. Where will they live?

Betsy and the crew were attacked by White Witch's toga army. Will •-[A]-• get his wish to meet with Saturnyne or will their possible battle spillover into the upcoming Krakoa/UK war?

Old G Cable is back. Will Scott get to finish his sandwich?

Will Doug and the NM be able to wrangle Wildside to do something heroic?

Who is the mysterious man breaking people's arms in the Xeno council? What's his deal? And what about the "angry god" about to eat Quentin? Will Piotr turn? Will Black Tom have a breakdown?

Lockheed cometh. Will the Marauders learn of Shaw's crimes? Will Kate be brought back?!

X-Factor and Children of the Atom approach.

Will Sue Richards do something rational? No one cares.

Madelyn. Is. Back. Will everyone be wearing Havok's Goblin Prince outfit when she's done with them?

(I haven't read Wolverine yet so my apologies on not knowing what's up).

When will I be able to get a haircut?

Discuss!

Last edited by JB; 04-12-2020 at 06:36 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Last edited by JB; 04-12-2020 at 06:22 PM.

You all know I’ll totally chat with myself.

I wonder if Broo is actually going to keep the Brood or can he designate queens and command them to take care of themselves? Unless he’ll just travel around with them and make them do good deeds? Wild.

And I wonder if X-Men and Excalibur will directly connect to transition into X of Swords. Hmm. Will they be able to break into Arakko to rescue the horsemen or will the barrier fall and the demons are let loose? I’m interested in both.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    You all know I’ll totally chat with myself.

I wonder if Broo is actually going to keep the Brood or can he designate queens and command them to take care of themselves? Unless he’ll just travel around with them and make them do good deeds? Wild.

And I wonder if X-Men and Excalibur will directly connect to transition into X of Swords. Hmm. Will they be able to break into Arakko to rescue the horsemen or will the barrier fall and the demons are let loose? I’m interested in both.
    I think you're going in the right direction there. I mean you've said most of what I was going to say, so idk why I'm still talking. Just hoping we get new books this week.

THe swords mini is the one I'm most interested inn. THe symbology between the wielder and their sword is my jam.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

GODDESS BE PRAISED!!! A new and actually relevant and interesting thread.

The reappearance of the Goblin Queen and the Arrako story lines might be connected but...I honestly don't see how. Which is AWESOME!
    Broo being King Brood is probably part of a far reaching long-term plot. Also AWESOME!
    I'm anxious to see just how Kate returns in Marauders and how her singular issue with Krakoa is resolved but I absolutely admit I want to see Sebastian's demise even more. THAT, is going to be AWESOME!
    Excalibur remains intriguing, I do think Saturnyne will be a match for Xaddy •-[A]-•...looking forward to seeing a good battle for Otherworld. Brexcalibur are sexy-AWESOME!
    X-Force, as with X-Men, seems to be building towards long-term plots but still remains quite unpredictable from issue to issue...Doubly AWESOME!!

I remain reserved on the XoS stuff...mainly because what's going on now is so frakkin' interesting....so, not as AWESOME!

I love this bright shiny new carousel...Dur The Undying is my ride...back off.
    And...I am wearing my Goblin Prince outfit sans unmentionables as I write this.

Honestly...It's all so much to process I don't want to overthink and speculate going forward. I want to keep my mind open to what ever is presented when it's presented.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-12-2020 at 09:12 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    I think you're going in the right direction there. I mean you've said most of what I was going to say, so idk why I'm still talking. Just hoping we get new books this week.
    Haha thanks! Love your avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    THe swords mini is the one I'm most interested inn. THe symbology between the wielder and their sword is my jam.
    It should be very interesting to see which characters ends up with which swords, and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    GODDESS BE PRAISED!!! A new and actually relevant and interesting thread.

The reappearance of the Goblin Queen and the Arrako story lines might be connected but...I honestly don't see how. Which is AWESOME!
    Broo being King Brood is probably part of a far reaching long-term plot. Also AWESOME!
    I'm anxious to see just how Kate returns in Marauders and how her singular issue with Krakoa is resolved but I absolutely admit I want to see Sebastian's demise even more. THAT, is going to be AWESOME!
    Excalibur remains intriguing, I do think Saturnyne will be a match for Xaddy •-[A]-•...looking forward to seeing a good battle for Otherworld. Brexcalibur are sexy-AWESOME!
    X-Force, as with X-Men, seems to be building towards long-term plots but still remains quite unpredictable from issue to issue...Doubly AWESOME!!

I remain reserved on the XoS stuff...mainly because what's going on now is so frakkin' interesting....so, not as AWESOME!

I love this bright shiny new carousel...Dur The Undying is my ride...back off.
    And...I am wearing my Goblin Prince outfit sans unmentionables as I write this.

Honestly...It's all so much to process I don't want to overthink and speculate going forward. I want to keep my mind open to what ever is presented when it's presented.
    Praise be! That would be juicy if Hellions is indeed directly connected to the incoming Arakko storyline.
    Kate, we need ya !

And yeah I wanted to bring some of these topics back around to reignite some of the excitement that was building before everything changed. A nice distraction for myself as I listed the different hooks. Our beloved characters will be back!

BANNED

Would Marvel want to address Covid-19? X-Men has exhausted many other similar stories. The legacy virus, the techno organic virus and other things that has been detrimental to the mutant race.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Would Marvel want to address Covid-19? X-Men has exhausted many other similar stories. The legacy virus, the techno organic virus and other things that has been detrimental to the mutant race.
    Part of the main Krakoa lore is drugs that can deal with nearly any disease, so they would probably be wise not to acknowledge real world pandemics or risk either diminishing their premise or diminishing real world issues.

True. It seems many are still trying to forget the terrigen mist and vaccine storylines in general. But I’d be happy to see an event that brings the nations of the world together and in this particular case, having the great minds of Krakoa racing to develop a cure for the world. A brand new antiviral medicine.
    Last edited by JB; 04-13-2020 at 04:29 AM.

While I could see them doing a "Heroes for Hope" type one-shot, I personally hope they don't address Covid-19 in comic as a story-line. Only because...
    1: There are so many points of view from which this can be told; how do you adequately and effectively encapsulate even some of it?
    2: And even if they do manage to adequately tell the Human perspective, the Scientific, the Religious, the Political, the Conspirationalist perspectives there will likely be more detractors that don't/can't/won't understand that the story is written from the writers' general/personal understanding.

I think it's a topic/situation where we can just treat the idea of it as an analogy (similar to the Legacy virus).
    Or...mention it in story as a "by-the-way this happens/exists" (as with cancer in the MU)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Back on topic...
    Even though there is almost no build up I am greatly anticipating the potential "Inferno" story-line involving Arakko, Xaddy •-[A]-• and Original Horsemen, and the Summoners.
    That said...

While I do love that HiX-Man has seeded so many potential plots throughout the HoX-PoX-DoX books...it almost feels like an inundation of ideas and I sincerely hope that each big/important idea gets to be developed and fully realised.

I love his ginormous ideas and direction but...As I've seen and read in his other non-XM books...having too many ideas usually means a few good ones either get left on editing floor or are poorly executed and/or short-shrifted, after all is said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Back on topic...
    Even though there is almost no build up I am greatly anticipating the potential "Inferno" story-line involving Arakko, Xaddy •-[A]-• and Original Horsemen, and the Summoners.
    Same. And I do wonder if OG Cable will be playing a role in that. Seems like he might from the little we got of him at the end of Cable #1.

Also, there’s this which implies that he could’ve had a bigger hand in things with Moira X than we thought too...

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-x-force-ca...e-of-x-clones/

Really makes me wonder what they have planned for OG Cable now that he’s back. Lots and lots of opportunity to plug him in, in very meaningful ways too.

While I do love that HiX-Man has seeded so many potential plots throughout the HoX-PoX-DoX books...it almost feels like an inundation of ideas and I sincerely hope that each big/important idea gets to be developed and fully realized.
    Same, but I doubt it. There’s simply too much for them to follow up on everything, but hopefully other writers will grab ahold of various threads and follow them to some conclusion.

I love his ginormous ideas and direction but...As I've seen and read in his other non-XM books...having too many ideas usually means a few good ones either get left on editing floor or are poorly executed and/or short-shrifted, after all is said and done.
    Agreed, but this is where the collaboration across the X-line, which is so strong right now, can come in handy. As various writers can grab onto various ideas and run with them, rather than waiting for Hickman to address them all.

Indeed.
    I love and appreciate the collaboration between the X-Creatives so hopefully my concern won't be realised. Or at the very least, minimalised.

BANNED

Just waiting for a resolution to the Vault nonsense so X-23 is out of limbo.