Amazing Member

Default All new x men catch up

I have marvel unlimited and began reading x books at schism all the way up to the end of uncanny 600 and all new x men ending. When I started reading volume 2 of all new they keep saying cyclops is dead. When did this happen? Did I miss something? Just trying to figure out what I am missing as I catch up th the present day x books.

And sorry for the dumb question but as someone with no x men book background I find that finding a starting point and following through so many books has been really confusing

No, they just tried a thing where Cyclops dies and they don't show what happened until later, in a book called Death of X.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Amazing Member

So the reading order is just one into the other with no explanation of his death? I thought that was too weird to be right lol. That is a weird way to go. And I’m sure if people were reading it month by month it would feel even weirder

Quote Originally Posted by zsizzle View Post
    So the reading order is just one into the other with no explanation of his death? I thought that was too weird to be right lol. That is a weird way to go. And I’m sure if people were reading it month by month it would feel even weirder
    Well, it happened with everything, not just X-Men. After Hickman's Secret Wars all the series set in the Marvel universe jumped ahead 8 months with new status quos like Daredevil having his secret identity again and a new Hulk replacing Banner, and over time you gradually found out more details of how these changes happened.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    Well, it happened with everything, not just X-Men. After Hickman's Secret Wars all the series set in the Marvel universe jumped ahead 8 months with new status quos like Daredevil having his secret identity again and a new Hulk replacing Banner, and over time you gradually found out more details of how these changes happened.
    Ok that makes a lot more sense. Thanks!