Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DoX Solo Books

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    Hickman made it clear that there would be an unexpected writer in charge of Moira's solo.
    Interesting, especially since Claremont and Marvel have supposedly been tight-lipped about an unknown project written by Claremont that would possibly come out this year. Hmmmm...

Storm, Magik, and Moonstar solos please. Monet one-shot/miniseries/something to address the Penance issue and give some coherence to the St. Croix mythology. I think it's a GREAT time for a Mystique solo too, especially since she has her own agency for the first time in forever.

I think Excalibur and Fallen Angels should've both been solos for Betsy and Kwannon respectively. The supporting casts weren't done any favors but took enough of a focus off of the main star. Each should've been solely about the main character with their "ex" villain (Apocalypse and Sinister) acting as provocateur for our heroine.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

With the current developments, I think SUNSPOT would probably get a solo, besides Moira, as he went throughout wie some chances and they seem to have dropped him off the New Mutants title for a reason.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Interesting, especially since Claremont and Marvel have supposedly been tight-lipped about an unknown project written by Claremont that would possibly come out this year. Hmmmm...
    I don't see Claremont working on Krakoa setting, as he doesn't know about it. He was asking a fan to describe Krakoa for him

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    In regards to Storm. There's rumors floating around that Storm might get a Solo Book.
    2 Writers:
    Ta-Nehasi Coates the writer for Black Panther
    and
    Eve Ewing the writer for Ms. Marvel, Ironheart and Marvel Event "Outlawed" are battling each other for the chance to write a Storm Book. And Jen Bartel said she wants to draw Storm.
    Coates!I wish it could be him!

As for the other writer, She may have a gender advantage in the race...However,if it was her, I'd rather not have...

I would read an Angel ongoing now that he's not so angsty anymore

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    Coates!I wish it could be him!

As for the other writer, She may have a gender advantage in the race...However,if it was her, I'd rather not have...
    https://www.cbr.com/storm-coates-bartel-no-plans/

He was meaning to do one with Jen Bartel a while back.

BANNED

We've seen in the past that its very difficult for anybody outside of Wolverine to maintain an ongoing solo series. Cable, Storm, Cyclops, Gambit, Nightcrawler etc. have all had them over the years, but the current Marvel climate makes it very hard for books to run for much longer than 12-18 issues, and it seems writers struggle with how to write X-Men when they don't have their peers around.

I think Magik, Betsy & Ororo probably have the best chance of it working, provided they have really solid creative teams. They've often had big character arcs within a wider title, but a solo title dedicated to them is something else entirely. Jean, Emma & Rogue come close, and could probably make it work, but I would argue that a lot of their strengths as characters comes from their relationships and interactions with others.

All that said, an X-Men focus/spotlight series with solo arcs, or even one-shots, could work really well. That's why I was really excited for Giant Size X-Men, even if the execution wasn't quite what I'd been expecting

Cable can hold a series when it’s tied into the other books, even tangentially. His series with Hope ran for 25 issues, and it basically ended because Second Coming came along. In his last series they made him a time cop and had him jumping through time, completely disconnected from the X-men and the broader Marvel Universe. IMO that’s the exact wrong direction in terms of what they should be doing with him. When Cable was at his zenith in terms of popularity, he was a fish out of water here. In the present.

The Loeb/Churchill and Casey/Ladronn runs had him bouncing around the Marvel U, on the run from SHIELD, interacting with the Black Panther in Wakanda, fighting the Hulk, etc. If they bring the OG back and do him justice, in terms of making him an important character in the MU again and give him a decent writer and artist, his book can and will sell.

Still flying

I would LOVE to see what Kyle and Yost would come up with in this X-Men era.

Astonishing Member

Havok is overdue for his first solo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    We've seen in the past that its very difficult for anybody outside of Wolverine to maintain an ongoing solo series. Cable, Storm, Cyclops, Gambit, Nightcrawler etc. have all had them over the years, but the current Marvel climate makes it very hard for books to run for much longer than 12-18 issues, and it seems writers struggle with how to write X-Men when they don't have their peers around.

I think Magik, Betsy & Ororo probably have the best chance of it working, provided they have really solid creative teams. They've often had big character arcs within a wider title, but a solo title dedicated to them is something else entirely. Jean, Emma & Rogue come close, and could probably make it work, but I would argue that a lot of their strengths as characters comes from their relationships and interactions with others.

All that said, an X-Men focus/spotlight series with solo arcs, or even one-shots, could work really well. That's why I was really excited for Giant Size X-Men, even if the execution wasn't quite what I'd been expecting
    Wolverine and Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    He already had one

I would love a namor book

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post