Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default 5 Characters We Gotta See In "Guardians of the Galaxy 2"

Now that Marvel's space opera has hit theaters, CBR looks ahead to the characters that need to guard the galaxy in James Gunn's 2017 sequel!

Full article here.

Fantastic Member

When it comes to Drax, I think they did leave the door open that he might not be as alien as he seems. He recognizes Rocket as an animal from his youth and speaks fondly of Earth when Quill describes it. After all, Drax IS a human stuck in an alien body in the comics.

So Moondragon might not need a total makeover after all.
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday

Spectacular Member

Bug was actually meant to be in the original draft of the Guardians movie but Gunn had to remove him because the rights to Bug and all the other Microverse characters are still iffy.

Spectacular Member

Vance Astro/Major Victory, please. Imagine the audience seeing a guy seemingly from the future with Cap's shield. I'm betting half of them would think that this guy was the future Cap, and that Chris Evans was behind the mask.

All-New Member

I want all of these. You could even use Mantis' original look instead of cosmic green mantis to differentiate her from Gamora.

Adam Warlock would be awesome because he could be used to introduce the Univeral Chuch of Truth. In effect giving the Guardians a pretty awesome, unique, villain.

All-New Member

Well, supposedly there was a cocoon in the Collectors trophy room. That is sort-of an appearance by Adam Warlock.

The next character added really needs to be a female. It's already a sausage fest on the Milano. Besides, the ladies listed here are actually quite interesting in their own right. They wouldn't just be there to balance out the sexes.
    Last edited by NateDizzy; 08-12-2014 at 07:34 AM.

Phyla-Vell, Moondragon, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Nova (Richard Rider) and hopefully Marvel can reclaim the rights to Fantastic Four or get a deal to use Galactus and Silver Surfer.
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

Spectacular Member

Cosmo!!!!!

RIchard Rider is the character that I want to see more than any other character. Really surprising that he wasn't on this list

Not Getting Any Younger Kikaider's Avatar

Ahh, none of these characters will be anything like their original comic counterparts. Impy the Impossible Man would be cool to see, and more obscure characters like the Recorder or the X-Men villains the Shi-Ar. Warlock would be great.

Amazing Member

Adam Warlock is I think the most likely addition, he fits the Thanos storyline they are going for and Magus should rank highly on lists of villains that might turn up in a Guardians sequel (perhaps he could even be lined up for a post Thanos big bad).

Phyla would be a major positive choice for inclusion with a lot of things in her favor - having a homosexual character in a major Marvel film would be a big step and she has a great costume and cinematic powers. Id be tempted to scrap the Mar Vel angle entirely, it doesnt really add much to her character and complicates the introduction of Carol. Give her the Quasar identity as at this point Wendell is a bit surplus to requirements given Star Lord and Nova are currently the premier "american men who go onadventures in space" and you dont wantoverlap at this stage.

Cosmo is awesome and needs a speaking role

My #1 pick would be either Rider or Sam Nova, but I wonder if his (any several others on this list) power set makes him too powerful.

They should recycle a Prawn dude from "District 9" to be bug. The model's already been built, just sitting in a computer server somewhere doin' nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoahe22 View Post
    RIchard Rider is the character that I want to see more than any other character. Really surprising that he wasn't on this list
    I can't speak for the author, but I'd prefer to see Rider in a solo movie. And yeah, i know the chances of Rider being in a solo movie are slim-to-none, but 5 years ago, if you told us that the Guardians would get their own movie and it would be a runaway hit, you'd have been laughed off the boards.

I like Marvel. Anything's possible

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

They could explore Star Lord's family with his recently introduced half-sister Victoria

If Black Human Torch can have a white sister, then Star Lord can have a black half-sister.