Default Dreadstar Returns!

Jim Starlin is doing a Kickstarter for a 100 page OGN that brings back Dreadstar and company in 'Dreadstar Returns'. Here's the Newsarama link.

I'm a big fan of both Starlin and Dreadstar so I'm looking forward to this. And for just the 2nd time ever, I backed a project on Kickstarter.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I am considering backing it, but due to the pandemic, it makes it hard to back anything that isn't rent, food, meds, phone/internet service, and various streaming services at the moment and due to the fact that I'm on social security/disability meaning I get paid once a month doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    I am considering backing it, but due to the pandemic, it makes it hard to back anything that isn't rent, food, meds, phone/internet service, and various streaming services at the moment and due to the fact that I'm on social security/disability meaning I get paid once a month doesn't help.
    Understandable. I backed it for just enough to get the OGN hardcover ($30 bucks). It's fully funded already and surpassed two stretch goals before the stretch goals were even announced.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

BANNED

Oh man this is so cool.

Yes it is. And they've hit every stretch goal they posted so far. The most recent one was the $70K mark that will unlock a mystery extra that hasn't been revealed yet.

They've gone over the 90K mark at this point.

Here's an interview with Jim Starlin.

It seems to be very successful clearing over $135,000 with it's original goal of $28,000.

I ended up backing this a few days before the campaign ended. I am really looking forward to it, and it inspired me to pull out my Epic Illustrated issues to revisit the Metamorphosis Odyssey.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Yeah, I was stoked to see it do so well. They've already collected my pledge and now I'll look forward to October for when the book plus all the stretch goal items that were met arrives in my mailbox.

Here's a new interview with Jim Starlin.

Got my fulfillment box earlier this week. Looks awesome.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Got my fulfillment box earlier this week. Looks awesome.

-M
    Yes it does!

Got my copy a few weeks ago, and I must say Jim Starlin getting his revenge on a certain former president is quite satisfying, unless you're follower of that certain former president then it will most likely **** you off. I don't think Starlin will lose any sleep over it one way.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 07-23-2021 at 06:02 AM.