Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saga?!?!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Bad example. "Some" delays? Both those books had huge delays, and often.
    Not several years. Not to the same extent as Saga or Lazarus

Well, Saga took a year off. Planned. Beyond that, there’s a pandemic. It’s delayed a lot of books, changed a lot of plans. Taken a lot of lives, and if you look outside it’s not over. It’s worse.

Soooooooo... there’s that.

And look, here’s the thing. Go find the delays on Kirkman books. Go find, easily, what those delays were. It’s hard. Because no one cares. Watchmen had delays. No one cares. Dark Knight Returns has delays. No one cares. When the book is done, sitting on shelves in collected editions, no one will care about the delays. And they’re making something to last. That’s, I’m sure, the intent.

So yes, it sucks. But **** happens. This year has changed a lot of plans. Roll with it.

And I appreciate that and agree that it’ll hold up and stand the rest of time. There’s no denying that.

I was just making a case that it might not have the same heavy attention as it did in the first half

Still flying

Well, Saga took a year off. Planned. Beyond that, there’s a pandemic. It’s delayed a lot of books, changed a lot of plans. Taken a lot of lives, and if you look outside it’s not over. It’s worse.

Soooooooo... there’s that.

And look, here’s the thing. Go find the delays on Kirkman books. Go find, easily, what those delays were. It’s hard. Because no one cares. Watchmen had delays. No one cares. Dark Knight Returns has delays. No one cares. When the book is done, sitting on shelves in collected editions, no one will care about the delays. And they’re making something to last. That’s, I’m sure, the intent.

So yes, it sucks. But **** happens. This year has changed a lot of plans. Roll with it.

I hear you on the planned year off but even with the pandemic there has been consistent books out this year. This shouldn't have taken this long. What is most concerning is that no one out there is talking about it. It went from being this Eisner winning title to... nothing.

Personally, I'll wait and will continue to read when back but I just would like to be re-assured.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    And I appreciate that and agree that it’ll hold up and stand the rest of time. There’s no denying that.

I was just making a case that it might not have the same heavy attention as it did in the first half
    I highly doubt this tbh. If anything, i feel the long wait has only increased the anticipation. I can most definitely see the eventual issue 55 outselling what 54 sold.

We havnt seen anything from Fiona Staples release in a while (since Archie?) so i can only assume she's been working on Saga for a while now. I think its likely they want a tonne of issues in the can before returning in order to avoid future delays.

And ultimately, as mentioned, no-body will care in the long run about delays. Just look at Planetary. Months between issues. 3 years between 26 and 27. Still a critical darling and a best selling collection that is regarded as a modern classic.

Quote Originally Posted by DjMichael691 View Post
    I hear you on the planned year off but even with the pandemic there has been consistent books out this year. This shouldn't have taken this long. What is most concerning is that no one out there is talking about it. It went from being this Eisner winning title to... nothing.
    Really? I still hear about it all the time.

I would love to pick this back up again but I don't remember where I left off.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Still flying

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Really? I still hear about it all the time.
    I take comfort in that

Vaughn said back in July they're trying to bank issues so there won't be any delays once it's back.

Pandemic. Again, we don't know their lives, nor do we need to. They're working on it. They're not abandoning what is easily the most successful book of their careers. Vaughn already knows how it ends, so it's not a GRRM case. I'm pretty sure he said he knows how it ends back in the first issue.

And when it returns it will absolutely be talked about. No one is talking about it because it isn't coming out. There's not much to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I would love to pick this back up again but I don't remember where I left off.
    Issue 54.

I feel like this conversation is just repeating itself. I KNOW they are working on it, and at no point have I said they’re abandoning the book or this a GRRM case etc. I know they plan to return and tell the story they want to.

My comment, again, is just that a lot of the hyped fans from the first half might not be as invested when it returns. It’s been a long time, is all.

Vaughn said back in July they're trying to bank issues so there won't be any delays once it's back.

Pandemic. Again, we don't know their lives, nor do we need to. They're working on it. They're not abandoning what is easily the most successful book of their careers. Vaughn already knows how it ends, so it's not a GRRM case. I'm pretty sure he said he knows how it ends back in the first issue.

And when it returns it will absolutely be talked about. No one is talking about it because it isn't coming out. There's not much to talk about.

Issue 54.
    Is that a recap issue or is it just a clear jumping point?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Still flying

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Is that a recap issue or is it just a clear jumping point?
    If memory serves me correctly, that was the last issue before the break.