Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The End of a Villain?

How would you like to see certain Batman villain go out? Death, Imprisoned forever, Cured of their impulses/insanity, Just keep appearing, other suggestions?

I watch the Batman:Hush movie and I kind of like how Riddler went out spoilers:
    Him coming out with a master plan and almost wins, Catwoman letting him fall to his death believing shes saving Batman thus breaking her and Batman up
    end of spoilers which reminded me of the Dark Knight Returns with Batman killing Joker.

Joker I think should go out in a comical/ironic way like slipping on a banana peel to his death in the Batman Beyond movie or at least on live television.
    Last edited by Mutant God; 04-17-2020 at 01:51 PM.

Killer Moth, finally about to kill the God Damn Batman, who’s stuck in the wreckage of The Batmobile on the side of the road after a running battle.

Gets splattered by semi; we then get the driver’s POV, giving us the bug on the windshield effect.

Kind of like Batman Beyond fate of Bane where he becomes a frail old man in a vegetative state from overuse of the Venom drug.

Joker and Harley killed by some stray bullet in a shootout with the police.

I guess Dark Knight Returns is a fitting end for Two-Face from a tragic perspective. Even with his face fixed Harvey could never completely do away with his other half.

Obviously, it's a comic book and we could never count on any of these ends to stay ended, but presuming they did, I have a few ideas.

I really like the idea of "demeaning" ends for Lex and the Joker. And ordinary bullet or casually ripped in half by a super-powered villain he harassed for the Joker. Life in jail for Lex.

I like the idea of Harvey Dent being able to be reformed, but it would take some effort to sell it, and he'd either have to reinvent himself somewhere far away, make a deal, or do jail time for those crimes.

Back in B:TAS days, I was supportive of the idea of Harley getting her life (not her professional license) back, but that ship has sailed for me. Got nothing in particular in mind for her, though.

I like Catwoman's bronze age turn to heroism (and not her killing or letting folks die, as a general rule).

EDIT: Sorry, forgot I was on a Batforum. Will leave others below, though.

Cheetah has a history of redemption, but it depends on version. WW should definitely have at least one major villain reformed, and probably a female one who learned it on the island.

I was rather fond of James Jesse pseduo-reformed as he was for a while. Sort of Leverage-style, still getting his kicks. I'm amenable to long-term reform for Hartley, too, but have no personal stake in it, as I haven't read much of him. Let the others be villains. Except maybe Al. I felt like he should have been a one-and-done and ever bringing him back as a villain after the first "correction" kinda made the whole thing "meh."

Trigon should die and stay dead and exert no further influence. I mean, I know he has been dead, but his influence lived on.

Darkseid. I like the idea that he sowed the seeds of his own destruction with Scott's escape. You know, back in the old days, when Barda then followed Scott, and then several Furies left, too. I like the idea that their success and freedom would sow more hope/rebellion and eventually, he'd be defeated. And Apokalips, with no anti-life equation influence, could improve and it'd take decades at a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Killer Moth, finally about to kill the God Damn Batman, who’s stuck in the wreckage of The Batmobile on the side of the road after a running battle.

Gets splattered by semi; we then get the driver’s POV, giving us the bug on the windshield effect.
    That makes me laugh only thing I would change would it be another criminal trying to get rid of Moth after he hits the "big time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Kind of like Batman Beyond fate of Bane where he becomes a frail old man in a vegetative state from overuse of the Venom drug.

Joker and Harley killed by some stray bullet in a shootout with the police.
    Bane in Batman Beyond really makes sense with all that drug use

Joker and Harley go out like Bonnie and Clyde? that would be cool too

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess Dark Knight Returns is a fitting end for Two-Face from a tragic perspective. Even with his face fixed Harvey could never completely do away with his other half.
    Yeah that Two-Face is really fitting, trying to take one face ends up taking away the other one.

Or Freeze degenerating into a head
    Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy!

Or have Ivy be turned into a tree or something
    Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Bane in Batman Beyond really makes sense with all that drug use
    This alternate version of the Joker...

...had the same problem, after years of exposure to his own toxic Joker Venom!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Joker can only die. There's no redeeming or rehabilitating that man. As for how take your pick, they've been doing it in different methods. Personally I'd go with an explosion and fall to his death because it's a classic.

Two-Face is really difficult. We've seen them trying to end him in theory with healing his face, but that's only the surface. They've also established that his compulsion exists before he was scarred. He's also Batman's weakness because he's an old friend, so he has a soft spot for him. I can only see his end as being in the process of rehabilitation.

Mr. Freeze we've seen his end many times, and it's always the same. Just make sure those funds keep coming so he can cure his wife.

Clayface they recently gave us by becoming a hero. His relationship with Cass Cain is key.

Ra's al Ghul also needs to die. Deprived off his Pit, maybe cremate or dismember him and spread the remains.

Riddler's the same as Two-Face. In the process of rehab but can't be cured.

Ivy and Harley are of course becoming heroes

Penguin goes to Blackgate permanently

Hush honestly I kinda like it that he's gone in the place with no face

Black Mask... eh, let's just kill him. Joker at least has the excuse of being insane, him I'm not so sure.

Scarecrow, unlike Two-Face who's sympathetic and Riddler who can be mitigated by indulging his obsession in small doses, his mental illness is directly dangerous to others. On the flip side, once he has no access to his tools, he's not a threat. The ending I can think of is either a very good Arkham security or accidental death.

Either way, those three, Scarecrow, Two-Face, and Riddler in my eyes require a very secure Arkham.

Kind of liked how Harley Quinn
    spoilers:
    slit Penguin's throat and killed him
    end of spoilers
    in the Harley Quinn animated series. After first
    spoilers:
    biting off his nose
    end of spoilers.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBeetle91189 View Post
    Or Freeze degenerating into a head
    Too Mignola :-)) 10char

Riddler get to the point where he's THE criminal figure in Gotham. There's nothing he can't steal if he wants to and no place he can't get into. Nobody can touch him. While he always leaves riddles, there's no real evidence that would hold up in court to convinct him even if they DID catch him. He's just that good.

Then, one day the cops have their evidence. The know he did something did and their moving in for the arrest that will put him away for good. And when they get to where he's supposed to be, there's just a note asking "Where is the Riddler?"

And nobody ever sees him again.

Mighty Member

In the Batman '66 universe, it seemed that Penguin went into a coma with Lygerian Fruit Fly Sleeing Sickness. We'll never know if he ever recovered (unless you count his cameo on The Monkees!)

Penguin becomes the Mayor of Gotham but both his political and criminal empire collapse when he gets taken down by something akin to how Al Capone got brought down because of tax evasion.