Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    In terms of costumes, her current one might be my fav. I also really liked her look from the Nocenti series even if the grey skin didn't totally make sense.
    I assumed the gray skin thing was makeup. I can't remember much of Birds of Prey, but I don't think we saw her out of costume much. I guess it was so she can hide better? Idk. I liked that costume a lot too. Katana with a simple costume just makes sense.

Do you guys think we'll ever see her in the movie universe again? Suicide Squad may not have been the best, but I liked her in it haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

I'm glad we got a great (well, as far as group movie screen time allowed) big screen version of her

Not so glad that this is likely the only time we will :/

At least for Fukuharas DCEU version. Unless Gunn surprises us; but I think we would have heard already if she had a part in it.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    Having pride in where you’re from is cliche?
    I seem to have seen so many characters originate from Japan that carries that flag somewhere in their costume. I can't think of any at the moment though so my memory may be wrong.

No... wait... I'm remembering... I think it was Storm Shadow or Quick Kick... or a character from the early 90s generation, like Mortal Kombat... Baraka? Anyway, the designer talks about not wanting to include the red sun symbol on their belt because they don't want people to associate him with Japan... I think it's MK 2 Baraka... It's been so long.

There's also someone from... Valiant? Rai? Yeah. Rai. He has both the red sun and the sun ray design.

So it's not that often... there are maybe more Japanese characters wearing some samurai armor like Katana, Lady Deathstrike, and Silver Samurai, but it's very... unsubtle. I don't really like designs that are so in your face like that.

By the way, I don't like Wonder Woman's American flag skirt either, I much prefer her Greek armor look and I only started liking Cap America's design after the First Avengers movie after they clarify that they're using him for propaganda, so he has a story reason for that. Needless to say, I don't like Captain Britain's designs as well.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-12-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Do you guys think we'll ever see her in the movie universe again? Suicide Squad may not have been the best, but I liked her in it haha.
    I think we're more likely to see the Arrowverse version again, to be honest.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we're more likely to see the Arrowverse version again, to be honest.
    I liked her in that too. She could join the Canaries in that Arrow spin off!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. XII (February 1986)

I HATE when artists draw her with a sword that's NOT A KATANA. Happens too damn often, like wtf??

Quote Originally Posted by Dog of War View Post
    I HATE when artists draw her with a sword that's NOT A KATANA. Happens too damn often, like wtf??
    it a byproduct of DC not enforcing a default design for The Soultaker. if they could maintain a base design, we wouldn't have so many artists just trying to flex their "cool sword design"
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Aparo is one of my favorite artists but yeah he could have done better with the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog of War View Post
    I blame Beware the Batman...

I'm not a heavy Katana fan (yet), so I'm curious to hear people's favorite Katana stories and interpretations on her sword.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I really have to give it up for her New 52 costume. It was a great redesign. I think the jacket she wore in the Suicide Squad movie was a good addition too.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really have to give it up for her New 52 costume. It was a great redesign. I think the jacket she wore in the Suicide Squad movie was a good addition too.
    I really liked her outfit in the "SS" movie -- until I saw the back. The giant bow was just stupid.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm not a heavy Katana fan (yet), so I'm curious to hear people's favorite Katana stories and interpretations on her sword.
    My favourite story was when she fought Lady Shiva to reclaim Soultaker after it was stolen.

My favourite interpretation of Soultaker is from the Suicide Squad movie. Simple and elegant. I'm not generally a big fan of "cool sword designs" since more often than not I think they just look silly.

BANNED

I'm surprised no one has mentioned her upcoming issue of The Other Side of the DC Universe.