Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will Spider-Man be in the MCU New Avengers?

A rumor is that Captain Marvel 2 will set up a New Avengers team, and that Spider-Man will be key part of that team.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-studios-n...der-man-rumor/

Is this something you guys would be looking forward to?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    More of Spider-Man being talked down to and bossed around by other superheroes...no. And that was mostly what happened in Bendis' New Avengers anyway.

In any case...this is just a rumor, and one that's really unlikely to happen anytime soon given the current crisis. And obviously Spider-Man appearing in an extended universe story depends on the shaky Sony-Disney arrangement.

I hope not ! Spider-Man is not an avenger !

I'm not going to let rampant negativity downplay my excitement. I'm always ready for more Spider-Man!

I already take that rumor with a grain of salt when they mention Carol spearheading the new team when she's been in space solo all this time.

She didn't seem to take The Avengers that seriously when they've just been dealing with Earth problems, and she was busy dealing with space stuff during Endgame, so why would she want to make a new Avengers team unless they were more space-focused? If anyone would probably organize a new team it would be T'Challa or Sam Wilson.

Astonishing Member

A rumor is that Captain Marvel 2 will set up a New Avengers team, and that Spider-Man will be key part of that team.

I am not looking forward to him in The Avengers. Why? What makes Spider-Man work is Peter Parker. In fact, he may very well be more important then Spider-Man ( see the Spencer story when they are separate as an example of this), and Pete is secondary to Spider-Man in The Avengers. A better alternative would be Miles in The Avengers. Why? Because the Spider-Man character is more important then the Miles character. Which is also true of Captain Marvel over Carol Danvers, Scarlet Witch over Wanda etc.

For exactly the same reason he was in the 616 Avengers, he's a popular character with a strong brand. So yes.

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man should have been made a part of Aaron's Avengers. For the 2010's, Spider-Man had been EXCLUDED from The Avengers, which is sad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I am not looking forward to him in The Avengers. Why? What makes Spider-Man work is Peter Parker. In fact, he may very well be more important then Spider-Man ( see the Spencer story when they are separate as an example of this), and Pete is secondary to Spider-Man in The Avengers. A better alternative would be Miles in The Avengers. Why? Because the Spider-Man character is more important then the Miles character. Which is also true of Captain Marvel over Carol Danvers, Scarlet Witch over Wanda etc.
    As Peter Parker, he can provide inventions towards supporting the individual members. This would allow the readers to know of Peter's science background coming to play, which would help in a supporting role. Spider-Man doesn't have to appear in the Avengers. Peter Parker working alongside Hank McCoy, Black Widow, Bruce Banner, and Jennifer Walters would be epic. People forget that Peter's intellect could serve the Avengers well.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 04-21-2020 at 12:05 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    As Peter Parker, he can provide inventions towards supporting the individual members. This would allow the readers to know of Peter's science background coming to play, which would help in a supporting role. Spider-Man doesn't have to appear in the Avengers. Peter Parker working alongside Hank McCoy, Black Widow, Bruce Banner, and Jennifer Walters would be epic. People forget that Peter's intellect could serve the Avengers well.
    I would agree with this, but it is not happening. Why? Look at the movies. Pete is dependent on Tony Stark for stuff like web shooters. By comparison, when Ditko wrote Amazing, and Pete was in High School, he invented his own equipment ( and again he was a High School student). The referring to Pete as The Kid was the single worst thing about The Avengers movies ( it was as cringe worthy as James Bond in clown face in ‘Octopussy’) Here is my main point: If you look at intelligence how many heroes are more intelligent then Peter Parker? Bruce Banner? Hank Pym? Tony Stark? Reed Richards? In addition to that, Spider-Man also has the ability to take down most members of The Avengers in a fight. Hawkeye, Captain America, Black Widow, Vision, Black Panther and yes, Iron Man would lose in a one on one fight against Spider-Man. Instead of being respected for those abilities, he is treated like Robin The Boy Wonder or Rick Jones in The Avengers movies.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 04-21-2020 at 02:01 AM.

Heck yes! I will always take more Spider-Man.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Pete is dependent on Tony Stark for stuff like web shooters.
    Peter already had developed web shooters before Tony came to recruit him.

The video Tony shows when he asks Peter "is this you" already shows Spider-man swinging around and catching things with his webs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Peter already had developed web shooters before Tony came to recruit him.

The video Tony shows when he asks Peter "is this you" already shows Spider-man swinging around and catching things with his webs.
    You have still not addressed my point about The Kid, and the constant disrespect when he was in 616 Avengers. Besides that the things that make Spider-Man ( Pete) work best are. 1: In ASM ( and most mediums), Pete is every bit as important ( and I argue more important) then Spider-Man ( exceptions: Avengers and Dan Slott’s run.) 2: His supporting cast ( MJ, JJJ, Felicia etc). 3: His rogues gallery. Green Goblin ( Norm), Doc Ock, Mysterio, Lizard, Rhino, Venom, Carnage and countless others. Without question the best in Marvel ( only the FF come close), and those things did not take place( except when MJ lived in Avengers Mansion). Besides, how much time did Pete get in The Avengers movies? Less time then second rate characters like Hawkeye.

Besides, how much time did Pete get in The Avengers movies? Less time then second rate characters like Hawkeye.
    Spider-man didn't have a regular role in Avengers books until 2004. Hawkeye has been a major character in the Avengers series since 1965. I have no problem with Hawkeye, a long term Avenger getting more attention in an Avengers movie than a guy who's only recently joined.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Spider-Man should have been made a part of Aaron's Avengers. For the 2010's, Spider-Man had been EXCLUDED from The Avengers, which is sad.
    Considering the quality of Aaron's Avengers...I don't think Spidey needed to be in that book.