Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Spider-man didn't have a regular role in Avengers books until 2004. Hawkeye has been a major character in the Avengers series since 1965. I have no problem with Hawkeye, a long term Avenger getting more attention in an Avengers movie than a guy who's only recently joined.
    You make my point about Spider-Man in The Avengers: If you think of the Avengers you think of: Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk ( more for the MCU), Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Thor, Ant Man ( or Giant Man) and Black Widow ( mostly because of how hot Scarlet Johansson is), you do not think of Dr. Strange, or Captain Marvel ( both of whom got more screen time then Spider-Man). Spider-Man works best as a lead on a street level dealing with the Doc Ocks of the world ( with an occasional battle versus Juggernaut or Dr. Doom), instead of being “The Kid” or comedy relief when fighting The Thanos/Kang/Galactus types that The Avengers, FF and Thor deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I already take that rumor with a grain of salt when they mention Carol spearheading the new team when she's been in space solo all this time.

She didn't seem to take The Avengers that seriously when they've just been dealing with Earth problems, and she was busy dealing with space stuff during Endgame, so why would she want to make a new Avengers team unless they were more space-focused? If anyone would probably organize a new team it would be T'Challa or Sam Wilson.
    Agreed, this statement made about Carol as being a possible leader of Avengers was eye rolling. The story's natural evolution would point to Black Panther, having the tech, the resources and the vision to carry on the team. Even if we see Sam as the heart of the team just due to his experience with...like the whole team. At the most extreme I could see Peter as an option due to wanting to follow in Tony's steps, to continue his legacy among the team. As far as Carol being the one to start the possible global/ or space Avengers, don't we have Nicholas J up there watching over things wouldn't Fury do it?
    Last edited by dkrook; 04-22-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

Considering the quality of Aaron's Avengers...I don't think Spidey needed to be in that book.
    As Peter Parker, his science background could be put to good use, as well as play a supporting role in developing his tools to help the team. He need not be Spider-Man. But his interaction with Jennifer Walters and others would be epic as it would open doors. Having Peter Parker in a non superhero role in The Avengers would allow the readers to see how well his intellect is put to good use. He's a member of the FF. Yet everyone sees him as Spider-Man and not the man behind the mask. That side needs to flushed out more in the open. I think that Peter Parker has a lot to contribute to The Avengers in a non superhero role. This can allow his mind to expand in ways we have not seem before. He's too segregated in the World of Spider-Man. Just like Bruce Banner was segregated in Hulks world until the early 2000's.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 05-05-2020 at 11:31 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    You make my point about Spider-Man in The Avengers: If you think of the Avengers you think of: Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk ( more for the MCU), Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Thor, Ant Man ( or Giant Man) and Black Widow ( mostly because of how hot Scarlet Johansson is), you do not think of Dr. Strange, or Captain Marvel ( both of whom got more screen time then Spider-Man). Spider-Man works best as a lead on a street level dealing with the Doc Ocks of the world ( with an occasional battle versus Juggernaut or Dr. Doom), instead of being “The Kid” or comedy relief when fighting The Thanos/Kang/Galactus types that The Avengers, FF and Thor deal with.
    I agree that Spider-Man as a comedy relief has to go into the trash can. The Peter Parker side needs to be flushed out more (in a non Spider-Man role) putting his science background to good use. I long to see Peter make a contribution to the Avengers with his intellect to create ideas and solution to help the team win the battle. I also want to see Peter's friendship with Carol Danvers expand to include Jennifer Walters and Black Panther respectively. The one thing that all three Avengers share in common with Parker is intellectual power....

Astonishing Member

I would agree with this, but it is not happening. Why? Look at the movies. Pete is dependent on Tony Stark for stuff like web shooters. By comparison, when Ditko wrote Amazing, and Pete was in High School, he invented his own equipment ( and again he was a High School student). The referring to Pete as The Kid was the single worst thing about The Avengers movies ( it was as cringe worthy as James Bond in clown face in ‘Octopussy’) Here is my main point: If you look at intelligence how many heroes are more intelligent then Peter Parker? Bruce Banner? Hank Pym? Tony Stark? Reed Richards? In addition to that, Spider-Man also has the ability to take down most members of The Avengers in a fight. Hawkeye, Captain America, Black Widow, Vision, Black Panther and yes, Iron Man would lose in a one on one fight against Spider-Man. Instead of being respected for those abilities, he is treated like Robin The Boy Wonder or Rick Jones in The Avengers movies.
    Peter's intellectual mind would grow tremendously if he's allowed to work alongside those who are smarter than him. In the comics, Peter is an adult. I think that problem with Spider-Man on the Avengers is they the writers think that he's a child because Parker started out that why. But in his own world, he's not like that at all. Otherwise, he would not have been part of the Fantastic Four. Frankly, Parker should be a member of the X-Men on the basis that his Spider-Sense might be a Mutant ability...

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I think he’s going to be able to join on the weekends or school. Kid still has to go to school.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I think he’s going to be able to join on the weekends or school. Kid still has to go to school.
    Wasn't he still a sophomore in Far From Home because he had to repeat a year because of The Snap which also conveniently effected the rest of his supporting cast?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Peter's intellectual mind would grow tremendously if he's allowed to work alongside those who are smarter than him. In the comics, Peter is an adult. I think that problem with Spider-Man on the Avengers is they the writers think that he's a child because Parker started out that why. But in his own world, he's not like that at all. Otherwise, he would not have been part of the Fantastic Four. Frankly, Parker should be a member of the X-Men on the basis that his Spider-Sense might be a Mutant ability...
    I have been one of ( if not the most) anti-Slott posters out there, but the one good idea he had was Parker Industries ( of course, he turned it into another failure for Peter). But I would love to see MCU and ( or) Spencer bring that storyline back. Why? It is one way that Peter can show his intellectual abilities and gain the respect of those around him, while still being canon.

Astonishing Member

I have been one of ( if not the most) anti-Slott posters out there, but the one good idea he had was Parker Industries ( of course, he turned it into another failure for Peter). But I would love to see MCU and ( or) Spencer bring that storyline back. Why? It is one way that Peter can show his intellectual abilities and gain the respect of those around him, while still being canon.
    I think Peter having his own company was way too soon. Horizon Labs was the perfect outfit. Parker Industries was an extension of Doc Ock, meaning it was doomed to fail.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I think Peter having his own company was way too soon. Horizon Labs was the perfect outfit. Parker Industries was an extension of Doc Ock, meaning it was doomed to fail.
    I have no problem with Horizon Labs. My biggest problem has always been Peter Parker being shown as comedy relief, a loser, a kid someone who cannot cut it economically and above all: A man child. Especially when people like Victor Von Doom was able to rescue his mother from Hell, and Hank Pym ( who was a wife beater) gets rehabilitated. I would love to see Peter grown up, with the marriage returning along with Annie. I say if they need a kid in The Avengers, why not Miles?

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Wasn't he still a sophomore in Far From Home because he had to repeat a year because of The Snap which also conveniently effected the rest of his supporting cast?
    I honestly forget what grade he’s in. Wasn’t he already a sophomore in Homecoming? I guess when he got snapped in IF and returned in Endgame he still would be one. But I’m believe each MCU doesn’t necessarily take place in the year it comes out. Who knows how old Peter will really be when we get New Avengers