So I know that when she broke up with Joker it was revealed he had other Harley's before her but I don't think this has been referenced before or since and considering Punchline is different from Harley in looks I'm guessing maybe either Joker was lying or maybe just maybe Harley hallucinated the whole thing or Amanda Waller messed with Harley's head to get her to come back to the Suicide Squad or something. All I'm saying is I don't like the push to make Harley into some sort of anti hero and I think maybe it'd be best to make her less sympathetic by showing she's just as crazy and delusional as Joker and I think a good way to do that would be to retcon some of what's been done to her as either a delusion or her flat out lying.

Some might say this would destroy her character but I think it would improve her a lot. Like she's in an interrogation room and is playing victim saying she was forced by Joker (who escaped and isn't there) to help with a job or whatever and after a long investigation Batman just stares her down and tells her to drop the act that she's been lying about being back with Joker and injured herself and it's slowly revealed she's playing victim and is trying to manipulate everyone to take it easy on her. I think this would really fit Harley because given her background as a psychologist I can see her being manipulative and not really a victim of anything and yes I know many would hate this but I'd actually like if Joker's view of her was explored and it was shown from his point of view she was very manipulative and purposely provoked him and even to an extent got off on his abuse.

I'm not even saying she'd have to get back with Joker but I'd like to see her be written in a way that makes her less sympathetic and yes I get she comes across as a victim but as I rewatch the BTAS as an adult it gets hard to feel sorry for her because she's clearly in a position of power as a doctor seeing the Joker and this is something that upsets me a lot many assume she's being manipulated by Joker but why can't it be a mutual manipulation? Like she knows Joker is manipulating her and decides to let it happen because she knows she can cry victim when she's caught. I say this because she's part of a lot of heinous crimes and there's no excuse for her to really be let off the hook so I feel she should be retconned as being as manipulative as Joker and perhaps she should be re-imagined as a charismatic narcissist who is with Joker because he puts her in the spot light and constantly goes back to him when her spotlight starts to fade.