Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Who's the biggest Batman villain to yet to appear in Live-Action?

Killer Croc's upcoming appearance in Suicide Squad has got me thinking, who's the biggest bat villain without a live action appearance? Is it Hugo Strange, Man-Bat, Black Mask or even (ugh) Hush? Batman unquestionably has had more of his villains appear on tv and film than any other hero, so this is an interesting way of evaluating the hierarchy of his rogues gallery. We have to go pretty deep into his second string to find someone without an appearance, so I wondered what people's rankings were of those villains who have yet to menace bats in live action.

Going by CSBG's top 40 Batman villains list, it would appear to be Hush http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...s-master-list/ but I don't agree with that at all and I think there's quite a few more villains who outrank him in importance.

Going by history, Black Mask and Ventriloquist. Going by recent popularity, the Court of Owls.

Fantastic Member

Definitely Hugo Strange, IMO.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Hugo Strange, Ventriloquist & Scarface (Wesker), Black Mask
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Hugo Strange is a big classic one, but the Court of Owls would be interesting. I'd kind of like Black Mask.
    But the biggest villain yet to get the live action treatment? Ten-Eyed Man. Maybe Killer Moth. Oh, and Crazy Quilt.
    I'd have said Egghead, but until they resurrect Vincent Price all Frankenstein like it's pointless.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

That Hugo Strange hasn't been used yet is just weird, he definitely lends himself to live action. I'd also like to see Manbat and Clayface.

Forgot about Clayface. He is definitely one. Maxie Zeus is arguably another. The Spook possibly.

Maxie & The Spook has a surprising number of Bronze Age (and post) appearances.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-06-2015 at 11:07 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Clayface was used in "Birds of Prey" so he doesn't count, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Tec15 View Post
    I stand corrected. Didn't see BoP at all, seems that was not too uncommon.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The more you know, I had never heard of this before.

I was going to say Clayface but Hugo Strange seems perfect for live action.

BANNED

Ventriloquist could be excellent if the writer was really on point.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

And more intimidating than I think I've ever found a comics Clayface to be.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

The Clayface episodes were the best of the series... which isn't saying much, as the overall show was pretty piss-poor. He had a Hannibal Lecter thing going on. Similar to Calender Man in Long Halloween (incarcerated villain pumped for questions in regard to a mystery player on a kill spree, while pulling a psychological mind-f*ck on our protagonist). He was portrayed by the guy who was Marvin Nash in Reservoir Dogs. Quite an effective performance.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    And more intimidating than I think I've ever found a comics Clayface to be.
    The characterization of the Birds of Prey Clayface was a great departure and seemed to harken back to a more Pulp noir take on the character, rather than the morphing special effects version of the current era. I think that was the benefit of the low budget.
    The visual of the character though...

Back the question of the OP, I think either the Ventriloquist or Hugo Strange. Odd that neither of them have come to life in live action especially in the era of Nolanverse "realness". Maybe next season of Gotham....
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-06-2015 at 10:34 PM.