Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I don't really mind the briefs on classic superheroes, Cyke and Wolvie sort of fall into that category for me. And although comics aren't often concerned with practicality, if a person with a penis is wearing skin tight spandex, you would have to have something over the crotch area, otherwise you're gonna get a face full of dick. Fun right? Not always.

As for these designs in particular, I agree with those saying that they should just design all new costumes or at least more recent ones rather than take inspo from the '90s, which are not my faves. Also, the brown/tan Wolvie color scheme is always better than the blue and yellow one.

I love Wolverine’s HoX costume and hope he wears it for a long time, and in other media too like films or Disney+, cartoons, games, etc. Unfortunately, Marvel can’t seem to resist putting him in p!$$ yellow and blue in other media, so I’m not optimistic. Especially considering those drawings that have been posted here that appear to be new variations on his old yellow and blue duds. *sigh*

Once upon a time the brown costume was what he wore in video games, the old Pryde of the X-men cartoon, etc. Not sure why that can’t be his iconic look again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Honestly, the outfits look a bit off without the trunks. The trunks broke up the huge patches of color a bit better. Without them, the looks just seem like they're missing something.
    I think it would look that way if it was an exact recreation of his 90's look, but it isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    HoX Wolverine is the perfect example of how successful design can be accomplished by re-using elements of the past and updating them for the present.
    His Astonishing costume already did that, although I guess HoX did it for his other classic look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    As for these designs in particular, I agree with those saying that they should just design all new costumes or at least more recent ones rather than take inspo from the '90s, which are not my faves. Also, the brown/tan Wolvie color scheme is always better than the blue and yellow one.
    I think the yellow and blue just stand out better. Especially in animation.

I mean, these hearken to the 90's but they are new costumes since they're not exact matches.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I've been reading comics for 40 years...and in all that time I've never gotten a "face full of dick" from any of the male heroes and villains who don't wear their underpants over their spandex. Clearly I've not been reading the right comics.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the yellow and blue just stand out better.
    Yes. And therein lies the problem with it, as Logan is a character with short-range attack capabilities who relies on stealth quite a bit. The bright freakin’ yellow makes zero sense for the character. Never has. I liked that it was once upon a time his “superhero suit” when he was with Alpha Flight, trying to be the Canadian Avengers. But then after he joined the X-men and had been on the team for awhile, he adopted the brown and tan which made way more sense for him and was awesome. I hate that Jim Lee ever brought back the p!$$ yellow one.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I've been reading comics for 40 years...and in all that time I've never gotten a "face full of dick" from any of the male heroes and villains who don't wear their underpants over their spandex. Clearly I've not been reading the right comics.
    Right, because seeing the outline of a penis would traumatize the straight boys, but we’re still “treated” to characters’ individually shrink wrapped tiddies. Seriously though, I was talking about real life concerns (think ballet dancers or wrestlers), hence my use of “practicality” and acknowledgement that comic makers aren’t generally interested in it.

Most of these new designs seem to have added detailing along the sides, and in Cyclops and Jean's case some color blocking. I don't understand why Wolverine is just one shade of yellow all the way down. All they need to do is add some blue down the sides like his Astonishing costume and it'll be so much better.
    unnamed.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Right, because seeing the outline of a penis would traumatize the straight boys, but we’re still “treated” to characters’ individually shrink wrapped tiddies. Seriously though, I was talking about real life concerns (think ballet dancers or wrestlers), hence my use of “practicality” and acknowledgement that comic makers aren’t generally interested in it.
    Thats what dance belts are for tho

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Comics aren't real life, they are illustrated fantasy.
    And...I've seen real life cos-players male and female who don't assault me with their junk. I guess I'm just not traumatised by the human body, at all.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Comics aren't real life, they are illustrated fantasy.
    And...I've seen real life cos-players male and female who don't assault me with their junk. I guess I'm just not traumatised by the human body, at all.
    IKR? Its not like artists would be drawing penis outlines if they didnt have underwear there

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IKR? Its not like artists would be drawing penis outlines if they didnt have underwear there
    I wish they would LOL. But in all honesty, I hate it when artists go overboard with the bewbs and then the guys are flat as a Ken doll down there. Very 90s actually...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That's because they're cowards!

90's Wolverine is yuck. Astonishing Wolverine is the GOATverine. He should be the off-tank on a team anyway, so the colors are ok.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yes. And therein lies the problem with it, as Logan is a character with short-range attack capabilities who relies on stealth quite a bit. The bright freakin’ yellow makes zero sense for the character. Never has. I liked that it was once upon a time his “superhero suit” when he was with Alpha Flight, trying to be the Canadian Avengers. But then after he joined the X-men and had been on the team for awhile, he adopted the brown and tan which made way more sense for him and was awesome. I hate that Jim Lee ever brought back the p!$$ yellow one.
    He usually ends up charging into stuff more then he does stealth. But even then he can make up for it with skills, like how Robin wears a bright red and green costume but can be as stealthy as Batman when he wants to be.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

See, I never saw them as underpants. Not that I need that look but still...