Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XForever View Post
    I can’t agree more. In fact I refuse to watch it because of that unbearable title. That was done just to match the cinematic universe that wouldn’t stop treating Wolverine and X-men like they were synonymous!
    Shame, it’s not actually that Wolverine centred, and frequently stories take place away from the school.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Most people would argue with the "great character" point. A lot of people see Jubilee as the Scrappy-Doo of the X-Men (though, I actually like Scrappy too, but that has more to do with how he defies the Scooby-Doo formula).

Beyond the X-Men there are Jimmy Woo, Silhouette and Turbo of the New Warriors and Colleen Wing. But none of them are famous because none of them appeared in a popular cartoon to my knowledge.
    Yeah TV Jubilee wasn't great, but I'm a huge fan of the comics version!

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Shame, it’s not actually that Wolverine centred
    Oh, c'mon! Wolverine and the Cheerleaders is such a Wolverine wankfest I was shocked they didn't make him the Phoenix in the end.

I'm loving the blue/red and green/black recolor on Jean. I feel Scott should loss that weird Jim Lee strap over x-logo thing and just put the x on the belt. Wolverine should have the brown, tan and black look. Like Jubilee shots and tee look. Rogue is nearly perfect, but loss the strips; it too busy. Now for my girl. I don't like either of those looks, but if I had the choice, it would be the all black version. I'm just not a fan of the mohawk with the cape (or whatever those strips of cloth supposed to be) look. Also to design is too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    And some alternate designs.

Attachment 101653Attachment 101654Attachment 101655

I think I like these versions better! But I can see if they're harder to draw if they plan to use these designs a lot. They have too much of that real-life look with the padding/tufted textures you see so often in movie designs.
    I definitely like these better.

Attachment 95705

Wolverine has quite a little head…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

So. Much. Bright. Yellow.

Terrible look for Logan.

BANNED

The anime series released in Japan is the best animation ever for an X-Men cartoon series. A lot of the DC animated movies have similar styles and drawings

I love it, It does not look like some crappy silly childish cartoon show that can only be put on cartoon network or Disney XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    The anime series released in Japan is the best animation ever for an X-Men cartoon series. A lot of the DC animated movies have similar styles and drawings

I love it, It does not look like some crappy silly childish cartoon show that can only be put on cartoon network or Disney XD.
    I would not want the run of the kill generic anime-style drawing for the series. I’d hope for something more stylized.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Oh, c'mon! Wolverine and the Cheerleaders is such a Wolverine wankfest I was shocked they didn't make him the Phoenix in the end.
    I've tried re-watching it since it's on Disney+ and it is quite terrible. I watched a youtube video of all of Storm's power displays and they were sooo dull. Just bland bland bland.

From the opening sequence where they save the kids with their teddy bear... I already knew I was gonna hate it lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post

I knew there was a Japanese intro for the show but I never knew they made a actual show of anime

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I knew there was a Japanese intro for the show but I never knew they made a actual show of anime
    The anime intro to X-Men: TAS (1992) was just the intro and not a series.

Then X-Men Anime series was a one-season series that came out in 2011. I never bothered watching because I believe it wasn't really faithful and really strange as a whole. I might check it out someday just for the animation.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

The X-Men Anime Series is the one with Armor if I recall correctly? I also was a bit skeptical initially but I found it truly well-done. Also, I'm too lazy to Google it to verify, but I think it had a script from Warren Ellis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah TV Jubilee wasn't great, but I'm a huge fan of the comics version!
    Yeah, TV Jubilee wasn't that great. She was basically there to do one job: be the viewpoint character. And she did it. Comics Jubilee was better . . . when they let her do anything. In the early '90s, comics fans didn't particularly care for her because all she seemed to do was mouth off. But she really wasn't the writers' focus until she was about to be spun off into Generation X in '94. Things got better starting then.

And I should probably add an asterisk to my observation of Jubilee not being used much in merch back during her initial X-Men membership ('89-'94). Back then, merch makers didn't really do much playing up of female characters (superheroes being considered a "boy thing" at the time) and teen heroes were also kind of out-of-vogue with the general public (After all, Tim Burton didn't even use Robin in his Batman movies). So, guys like Cyclops, Wolverine and Gambit were used a lot in merch, much more than characters like Storm, Rogue and Psylocke and all of them a lot more than Jubilee.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I've tried re-watching it since it's on Disney+ and it is quite terrible. I watched a youtube video of all of Storm's power displays and they were sooo dull. Just bland bland bland.

From the opening sequence where they save the kids with their teddy bear... I already knew I was gonna hate it lol.
    Storm was one of the most mishandled characters in the series. She was weak af, barely had any lines and the only episode that focused on her had her be mind-controlled through half of it. Disgraceful!