Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

I'm so excited to get a new X-Men cartoon that I'm very easy on the new designs...they are not perfect but I do appreciate the nostalgia factor. I'm sure Mystique won't be a full time hero in this.

I like Magneto's design though. My favorites so far are Magneto, Rogue, Gambit and Cyclops.

Glad to see more Iceman in this. the thing I hated the most as a kid in TAS was the lack of more Iceman, Colossus and Psylocke. Beast and Archangel got some decent episodes though.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

the roster is uninspired

how they could look...

newXcartoon.jpg

I gotta give them props for this Jean redesign. I didn’t think her 90s outfit could be salvaged but it actually looks nice with more blue added to it. And, thank god, they finally gave her boots.

Character designs for the recent Marvel cartoons have been nothing to write home about for the most part (although the animation quality certainly doesn't help) but I hope they put some good effort into a new X-Men cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not crazy about the purple on the torso..
    I can’t decide whether the purple on the torso harkens back more to the “V” shape of the Acolyte’s uniforms or,because it extends down the hips, if it’s more of the “M” shape from the Romita era Trial of Magneto look.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    how they could look...

newXcartoon.jpg
    Nice! I wish I could draw or animate. So many ideas in my head that can't come out lol.

I'm so excited to get a new X-Men cartoon that I'm very easy on the new designs...they are not perfect but I do appreciate the nostalgia factor. I'm sure Mystique won't be a full time hero in this.

I like Magneto's design though. My favorites so far are Magneto, Rogue, Gambit and Cyclops.

Glad to see more Iceman in this. the thing I hated the most as a kid in TAS was the lack of more Iceman, Colossus and Psylocke. Beast and Archangel got some decent episodes though.
    Agree about designs. Gambit has much better design then in Excalibur. I like all that costumes and excited for more.

Mags costume don't have a villain look.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 10-23-2020 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Nice! I wish I could draw or animate. So many ideas in my head that can't come out lol.
    I like to draw...but I find this doll maker a great tool for exercising designs more easily:

https://www.dolldivine.com/x-girl.php

I like to draw...but I find this doll maker a great tool for exercising designs more easily:

https://www.dolldivine.com/x-girl.php
    oh thanks that's pretty cool!

A better look at Rogue's redesign from Luciano Vecchio. It's an official image he did for Topps Marvel Collect digital trading cards game.

lucianovecchioart_109846063_201785577928315_5926810873595532555_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCtI3tlg3v_/

Some might think it’s too busy, but I like the stripes on her body suit. Dare I say I like it more than the original 90s design.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Some might think it’s too busy, but I like the stripes on her body suit. Dare I say I like it more than the original 90s design.
    I think it's a sutble and tasteful update. Adds a little more flight-suit quality with the lines which makes sense for a character like Rogue. Definitely one of the better ones when compared to Storm and Magneto.

Using current Dawn of x outfits would be logical and nice.

I had no idea an animated show was confirmed though

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Using current Dawn of x outfits would be logical and nice.

I had no idea an animated show was confirmed though
    It's not confirmed as far as I know. People are just trying to figure out why the TAS cast got official re-designs. They've popped up on official social media, as Disney+ avatars, and in merchandise (like coloring books). And so far it's only been specific to the TAS characters.