Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    XMen RED colors
    Wow nice! There's definitely a more mature tone when the X-Men Red colors are applied versus the vibrant yellow.

Thank! I love the red and blue color scheme for a Jean. She looks like a true hero. Rogue can keep the green and yellow

Astonishing Member

These designs are making the rounds. I bought a t-shirt with them on it at Wal-Mart today. I think that's a pretty good sign that these designs on these characters are what Disney/Marvel's going to be running with for licensed products and tie-in materials for the foreseeable future (ie. until they get a movie out). I know some people probably aren't pleased with it because it focuses on the characters from the '90s cartoon, but I grew up with them and feel an attachment to them, so it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    These designs are making the rounds. I bought a t-shirt with them on it at Wal-Mart today. I think that's a pretty good sign that these designs on these characters are what Disney/Marvel's going to be running with for licensed products and tie-in materials for the foreseeable future (ie. until they get a movie out). I know some people probably aren't pleased with it because it focuses on the characters from the '90s cartoon, but I grew up with them and feel an attachment to them, so it works for me.
    Any chance you can post a pic of the shirt?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Any chance you can post a pic of the shirt?
    They've actually started selling them all over the place. I just did a quick search and here's one from Hot Topic:

14405428_hi copy.jpg

Astonishing Member

Wow. This is probably the most appearances Jubilee's gotten in licensed merch . . . ever. Her previous high point probably being a toy from the Marvel Super-Heroes Happy Meal in 1994. Gotta say, it's about time. Considering she's probably Marvel's most famous Asian-American character as well as just a great character in general. (I know someone's probably itching to argue with me about those last two points but before you do, ask yourself this: would it really be worth it?)

Thanks for sharing all those. I had no idea!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Wow. This is probably the most appearances Jubilee's gotten in licensed merch . . . ever. Her previous high point probably being a toy from the Marvel Super-Heroes Happy Meal in 1994. Gotta say, it's about time. Considering she's probably Marvel's most famous Asian-American character as well as just a great character in general. (I know someone's probably itching to argue with me about those last two points but before you do, ask yourself this: would it really be worth it?)
    I won't argue it. Jubilee is my favorite of the teen X-Men characters(don't know if she's still a teen or not tho). I was never too big on teen characters in general, but I preferred Jubilee over Kitty and any of the New Mutants/Generation X kids.

Why would we argue?? Before then New X-Men kids showed up, I can really only think of Jubilee. Sunfire, Shang-Chi, Karma, and Thunderbird II aren't American (although Karma might be naturalized...). Not going to include Psylocke since that's a whole mess.

Kamala and Silk and others that I don't follow showed up waaaaay later.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Why would we argue?? Before then New X-Men kids showed up, I can really only think of Jubilee. Sunfire, Shang-Chi, Karma, and Thunderbird II aren't American (although Karma might be naturalized...). Not going to include Psylocke since that's a whole mess.

Kamala and Silk and others that I don't follow showed up waaaaay later.
    Most people would argue with the "great character" point. A lot of people see Jubilee as the Scrappy-Doo of the X-Men (though, I actually like Scrappy too, but that has more to do with how he defies the Scooby-Doo formula).

Beyond the X-Men there are Jimmy Woo, Silhouette and Turbo of the New Warriors and Colleen Wing. But none of them are famous because none of them appeared in a popular cartoon to my knowledge.