Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

If Marvel is smart, they will try to capitalize on nostalgia and appeal to the 90's animated series audience. A *lot* of these 30-somethings are now parents of their own children that they'd likely want to watch a new cartoon based on the 90's one with.

Let's not forget Wolverine and the X-Men which tried to distance itself from TAS and suffered for it with only one season.
    Wolverine andn the X-men did not get cancelled bc it wasnt like the TAS. It debuted just as Disney purchased Marvel and they cancelled most if not all the animated series that were in production in favor of making their own in house

You say that like it's a bad thing.

If Marvel is smart, they will try to capitalize on nostalgia and appeal to the 90's animated series audience. A *lot* of these 30-somethings are now parents of their own children that they'd likely want to watch a new cartoon based on the 90's one with.

Let's not forget Wolverine and the X-Men which tried to distance itself from TAS and suffered for it with only one season.
    Wolverine and the x-men was pretty awfull too

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I honestly like Jean's redesign. It reminds of X-Men: Apocalypse's interpretation of the costume. The torso in particular is what looks similar to me.

This isn't the best image, and I think this is the actual concept art for it, but there isn't really a great shot of it unfortunately. This version is grey for some reason, but it was blue in the film.

Here's a better one.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 04-18-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Nyssane is right, again.

Disney needs to reset the assets purchased from Fox. Using primary color designs from a primary color era is smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wolverine andn the X-men did not get cancelled bc it wasnt like the TAS. It debuted just as Disney purchased Marvel and they cancelled most if not all the animated series that were in production in favor of making their own in house
    Yet if it were successful (like TAS, a cultural phenomenon), they certainly would've kept it around.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Nyssane is right, again.
    We'd all save so much time if everyone just admits this.

Yet if it were successful (like TAS, a cultural phenomenon), they certainly would've kept it around.

We'd all save so much time if everyone just admits this.
    No they wouldnt. Spectacular Spider-man was very popular, well recieved both with fans and critics and Disney still let it be cancelled bc they wanted to make their own cartoon instead. They did the same thing with the Avengers. Disney wanted creative control over all their properties when they purchased Marvel so they took back all that they legally could

TAS fans can only argue for TAS revivals if they only wear those banana ass costumes in public.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Wolverine and the X-Men had many factors against it and the suits were definitely not one of them. X-Men Evolution was much more successful and looked much less like the 90's.
    Evo is a fantastic example of how to approach developing a new adaptation of series or property. Drastic alteration to style/aesthetic where necessary or interesting without drastic alteration to characterization. Diehard fans can recognize bits of what they love while more casual or younger viewers recognize bits of what appeals to them.

I genuinely don't see the appeal of a TAS reboot, even if its presented under the guise of something new. both parties are just gonna end up disappointed lol. It just couldn't exist and thrive the way it did outside its window of existence

Hounds and Snoop are right. Gimme these kids in these banana suits.

583B18ED-F7CD-4DA4-B476-5B4F113E9A4C.jpg

They released Ororo and Remy's now

Where are these art pieces from? Ororo's design is the same one used in the Disney + icon that was released a while ago. Same with Jean and Gambit...interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Where are these art pieces from? Ororo's design is the same one used in the Disney + icon that was released a while ago. Same with Jean and Gambit...interesting.
    Jean and Loga were from a pool marvel had at facebook I guess. The cyclops one is being used in the cover of an audiobook and the Storm and Gambit ones I found on twitter but dont know where they came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

This is not dated at all and this is not the 90s look with a different color
    Yes it is? If we want to get specific it's her X-Men Red look with a different color but that look is a clear homage/update of the 90s costume.

Astonishing Member

That’s what I thought too. But I guess some people don’t see it. Agree to disagree there I guess... *shrug*

Huh, and these designs do match the Disney icons.