Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

I remember years ago watching Dragon Ball Super on Adult Swim's Toonami, and I felt like it was a good follow up to Dragon Ball Z, and I hope a future potential X-Men Cartoon on Disney+ can capture the same spirit by being a good X-Men cartoon follow up.

I think its safe to say that at least a new line of toys/merch with this looks is coming. They're gonna do something to back it up. We still dont know if it will be an animated series, a video game or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    When I say I want and adult X-men cartoon on D+, I don't mean one that contains sex, violence, profanity or anything of that sort. Just a cartoon with a mature tone that takes itself seriously and puts an emphasis on action and character drama with moments of levity instead of committing fully to childish comedy. Something similar in tone to Justice League Unlimited or Young Justice is what I want.
    Considering Marvel has canned pretty much any attempt at adult oriented animation, I don't think this is likely to happen.

JLU and the initial seasons of Young Justice were, ostensibly, kids cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering Marvel has canned pretty much any attempt at adult oriented animation, I don't think this is likely to happen.

JLU and the initial seasons of Young Justice were, ostensibly, kids cartoons.
    Unfortuntely, this sounds accurate. I don't see Disney+'s Marvel animation branch prioritizing the more grown-up market unless it's stuff that goes hand-in-hand with the cinematic universe. (The What If? series comes to mind.)

Is there even a Marvel animated series out there right now that's worth watching?
    Last edited by superjosh; 04-19-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore Frost View Post
    Attachment 95703

Attachment 95704

Attachment 95705

There have been a lot of rumors about a potential new X-Men animated series to be released at Disney+ with some connection to the 90s animated series. In the last week, Marvel has used these new images and some people are wondering if this could be the looks for the series?
    Although I am a fan of the Claremont era they were based on I don't think it would work in this time, that being said I don't want them mirroring the current comic line.
    Do something new like what they did in Evo or WaTXM. Something unique and fresh and not just copy/paste from the comics...also I really don't want to see Jean in her current get up, now that is dated.

Be great if we get this group who did avengers emh on new X-men cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Is there even a Marvel animated series out there right now that's worth watching?
    Marvel Rising is solid and fun, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Marvel Rising is solid and fun, in my opinion.
    Thanks! Marvel animation is way too hard to understand. Which division makes which product?? It's all over the place.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't like them at all. I'm just not at all interested in any 90's nostalgia throwback kick especially as I hated XM-TAS.
    If they are doing a new animated series I was hoping we'd get something more modern and visually interesting style-wise along the lines of Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse.

Marvel's animation as a whole has always been visually basic and lack-lustre.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

ororo scot and jean look like this, and i dont hate it, so cool
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't like them at all. I'm just not at all interested in any 90's nostalgia throwback kick especially as I hated XM-TAS.
    If they are doing a new animated series I was hoping we'd get something more modern and visually interesting style-wise along the lines of Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse.

Innovative and visually interesting animation, especially something like Into the Spiderverse, would be far too expensive and time-consuming for a television series. All superhero cartoons have to cut costs wherever they can to prevent cancellation. Even Batman TAS, which was extremely successful at the time of its airing, was forced to simplify its art style and animation in the later seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

I think those 90's throwback designs would actually look pretty sleek using the Into the Spider-verse technology. Obviously, I think a lot of us would love for a new animated series to look like Into the Spider-verse, but there's just no way. It took them over a year just to develop that animation.

I think the closest they could come to it would be angles and "cinematography" so in that sense, I would love it too.

I agree that the spiderverse style.of animation would be impossible to achieve for a tv series. Id be really happy with something at the level of The Dragon Princ

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore Frost View Post
    I agree that the spiderverse style.of animation would be impossible to achieve for a tv series. Id be really happy with something at the level of The Dragon Princ
    I'd never seen The Dragon Prince, but I just checked out the trailer and the animation is really good! I'm with you on this one!

I also checked out a little bit of Marvel Rising. While it's dynamic and crisp, why does the character rendering look so outdated? Looks so much like old Hanna Barbera cartoons lol.

It's ok I guess but I'd prefer more updated looks.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8