Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He usually ends up charging into stuff more then he does stealth. But even then he can make up for it with skills, like how Robin wears a bright red and green costume but can be as stealthy as Batman when he wants to be.
    Sadly that's true, but wasn't always the case. In the 80s he didn't always charge in like an idiot, and his healing factor wasn't so overpowered either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Sadly that's true, but wasn't always the case. In the 80s he didn't always charge in like an idiot, and his healing factor wasn't so overpowered either.
    In the 80s, he also had a more stealthy set of suits to go along with that style

Yep. Suits and skills.

I enjoy if these are the new looks for the alleged continuation of XTAS. It feels classic and at the same time more in keen with the modern super hero looks. If true, can't wait to see where they take the stories.

Hope to see more of : Psylocke, Bishop, Cable, Excalibur, X-Factor, X-Force, Alpha Flight, etc...

Hope they'll dig in stories from Astonishing, New X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, DOX... theres is alot since the 90's they can be inspired from.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I enjoy if these are the new looks for the alleged continuation of XTAS. It feels classic and at the same time more in keen with the modern super hero looks. If true, can't wait to see where they take the stories.

Hope to see more of : Psylocke, Bishop, Cable, Excalibur, X-Factor, X-Force, Alpha Flight, etc...

Hope they'll dig in stories from Astonishing, New X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, DOX... theres is alot since the 90's they can be inspired from.
    I'd love to see them fix some of their guest characters' interpretations.

Good guest character depictions: Angel/Archangel, Nightcrawler, Bishop, Cable, Iceman, Banshee, Longshot

OK but not great: Emma, Dazzler

BAD: Psylocke, Colossus, Psylocke, Havok/Polaris/X-Factor 2.0, Sunfire, Psylocke. Did I mention Psylocke?

I also get why Kitty didn't make in into the show because they already had Jubilee, but that was unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post

Good guest character depictions: Angel/Archangel, Nightcrawler, Bishop, Cable, Iceman, Banshee, Longshot

BAD: Psylocke, Colossus, Psylocke, Havok/Polaris/X-Factor 2.0, Sunfire, Psylocke. Did I mention Psylocke?

I also get why Kitty didn't make in into the show because they already had Jubilee, but that was unfortunate.
    Agree Psylocke felt off character. Maybe they can say that was Kwannon and then they introduce Betsy...

I came up with a design for them both and Emma (as a hero) that could work with the art we've seen so far...

XTAS-TELEPATHS.jpg

Betsy is a mixture of Pink Outfit, Outback Armor and Disassembled
    Emma is a mixture of White Queen, New X-Men and Astonishing
    Kwannon is a mixture of Jim Lee, House of M and Revanche
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 04-21-2020 at 05:27 PM.

I hope it gets better writing. It was passable as a kid but going back to it, TAS was pretty cringeworthy. The plots were good; dialogue not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hope it gets better writing. It was passable as a kid but going back to it, TAS was pretty cringeworthy. The plots were good; dialogue not so much
    Yes... good plots, but weak dialogue.

Agreed, Emma was weak, but Lorna was just bad.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-21-2020 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Agree Psylocke felt off character. Maybe they can say that was Kwannon and then they introduce Betsy...

I came up with a design for them both and Emma (as a hero) that could work with the art we've seen so far...

Betsy is a mixture of Pink Outfit, Outback Armor and Disassembled
    Emma is a mixture of White Queen, New X-Men and Astonishing
    Kwannon is a mixture of Jim Lee, House of M and Revanche
    Wow, those could practically be official!

Wow, those could practically be official!
    Cheers. That's a lovely compliment.

this is a big reason why I feel like a continuation wouldn't be the move. there are so many facets of the franchise the series already covered that they'll wanna cover differently in 2020, just because how how the comics look and feel andare . not that TAS did a bad or inaccurate job, and these certainly aren't mutually exclusive, there are just new elements to draw from. that's what time'll do lol

Astonishing Member

The only news sources I was able to find about a new X-men TAS cartoon where right wing Gamergater sites with no credibility, like Cosmic News and Bounding Into Comics. For now don't worry about what it'll be like until credible sites cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    this is a big reason why I feel like a continuation wouldn't be the move. there are so many facets of the franchise the series already covered that they'll wanna cover differently in 2020, just because how how the comics look and feel andare . not that TAS did a bad or inaccurate job, and these certainly aren't mutually exclusive, there are just new elements to draw from. that's what time'll do lol
    I get what you're saying, but I just don't have faith in a new adaptation being any good. I feel like so many comic book cartoons just end up cheesy and uninteresting. I didn't like Evolution because I hate teenager stuff and that wasn't the X-Men to me. Wolverine and the X-Men came at a time when I was so over the Wolverine-saturation (like the movies). They put most of the characters in the background.

X-Men TAS (90s) just got the characterization and voices so right for the main cast that to me, they are "cartoon canon". The first time I heard Rogue or Beast speak, I knew that was the comics come to life. I'm ok with retconning someone like Psylocke who only made one appearance. Others can be tweaked a tiny bit, but the foundation is decent.

Since TAS ended, there have been plenty of stories that can be easily adapted for new seasons. Or even past ones. The series ended with Magneto with them, so why not use that to set up the school and the New Mutants. Xavier could eventually return, and with him and Magneto in play, you can go into Fatal Attractions leading to Onslaught. There's so many classic stories that still need to be told with this cast, and then they could transition to the Morrison --> Whedon eras. (I'd even argue that the stories up to the Morrison era are easier to tell because things get pretty complicated after that. House of M, Decimation, Messiah Complex, Schism, Utopia, AvX. Krakoa???. House of M would be pretty cool though.) Gahhhh! I'm so excited and nothing is even announced LOL.
    Last edited by superjosh; 04-21-2020 at 10:48 PM.

Admittedly the Loeb-era Marvel cartoons have writing on the level of 80's Saturday Morning Cartoons, but on-paper I don't think modern writers would deliberately try and write a show like they were writing for an older era cartoon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I understand where you're coming from. But I kind of want to see a continuation because there are some characters in the Fox show's cast that aren't likely to be in the main cast if it isn't one. I mean, I want to see more of Gambit. And I want to see what a cartoon could do with Jubilee when she doesn't have to shoulder the role of kid/viewpoint character. And since the cartoons are more often made by fans these days and certain X-Men fans often like to skip past any members that joined between Rogue and Emma Frost, it kind of felt like the best bet. Heck, I'm still surprised Wolverine and the X-Men used Gambit, Bishop, Marrow and Psylocke as guest characters.