I always wonder why in shows and movies that the flagship President or Senator that you're supposed to root for is always a Democrat. In a show like Designated Survivor, Keifer Sutherland's character is a Democrat. In a show like The West Wing, Jed Bartlet is a Democrat. Now as a conservative viewer myself, I watch Designated Survivor and want to watch the West Wing. I'm not that stingy or close minded. They're good shows. But I feel like with a political show if you want to show proper balance I think the show runners should hire a writing staff with both conservatives and liberals. But when you have Aaron Sorkin, who's as left leaning as it gets write for conservative characters that are self serving, evil conniving characters, that's not really balanced. That shows a bias. DS also has a Republican Congresswoman who in the first episode is seen as being in solidarity with Tom Kirkman, but in the next episode is seen as self serving and backstabbing. But I guess it's easier to have movies like The Post and All the President's Men where the newspapermen are seen as the underdogs getting their voice trampled on, and President Nixon is seen as evil. If Bob Woodward and Leonard Bernstein were written as conservatives, I doubt Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman would have taken the parts. All I'm saying is they need to have balance with their liberal and conservative characters instead of writing the conservative characters as cartoon characters and their liberal characters as always in the right.