Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I mean history will validate them.a hell of a lot more then thec Republicans
    Its a 50/50. I find both sides irritating though I prefer a balance instead of tv shows and movies been very liberal and democrat driven.

The 90s was balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    For older shows there is Family Ties. Alex being a Republican is right out there in front.
    Well, Alex likes to think he is a Republican.

Meanwhile, some of the money that's putting a roof over his head is that public television fat cash.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The President is a racist bigot who only serves the wealthy, and every Republican supports him. Give an example of a good modern Republican please.
    Not to mention that a lot of them in the midst of a PANDEMIC are saying we should "sacrifice the old" for the economy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    For older shows there is Family Ties. Alex being a Republican is right out there in front.
    Yeah, but that would be a lot weirder today. Cracked did an interesting article about that.

https://www.cracked.com/article_2659...e-in-2019.html

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    In actually solid art, it's probably not as simple as you just tried to make it.

One seriously obvious(if a little old...) example sticks out in my mind.
    An example of liberal delusional fantasy is the relationship between parents and kids. many parents can't discipline their kids anymore. many kids never respect parents.

Liberals and democrats also seem to not care if their kids are having sex at 15 and 16 just for the fun of it. They tend to encourage it. if you like me once tolerated many of the millennial teen shows like One Tree Hill, Dawson's Creek, Gossip Girl and The OC.

This video of the OC is the biggest delusional fantasy of liberals and democrats.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Bree Vanderkamp from Desperate Housewives

Common patterns of movies and tv is to mock conservative Republicans. Which is understandable to an extent, many of them can be hypocrites.Hollywood loves to portray liberals and democrats as the people who are in the long term right, which can sometimes be a delusional fantasy.
    But history actually shows this to be true. I mean, just about major societal change has been one supported by liberals and opposed by conservatives from the beginning to now; African American and women's rights to own property, African American's right to vote, women's right to vote, unemployment, social security, desegregation, equal rights and now lbqt rights.

I'm struggling to think of a solid change that was actually good for John Q. Citizen that was championed by Conservatives but opposed by liberals.

An example of liberal delusional fantasy is the relationship between parents and kids. many parents can't discipline their kids anymore. many kids never respect parents.

Liberals and democrats also seem to not care if their kids are having sex at 15 and 16 just for the fun of it. They tend to encourage it. if you like me once tolerated many of the millennial teen shows like One Tree Hill, Dawson's Creek, Gossip Girl and The OC.

This video of the OC is the biggest delusional fantasy of liberals and democrats.

Talk about delusional! Do you actually know any liberal parents of teens? This is your imaginary knock on liberals? Meanwhile, we have Civil Rights, Voting Rights, Gay Rights, Climate Change, Income inequity, Health Care, and many more where the Liberals are on the right side of History. Not to mention you would have to have the Republican as a Fox News watching Trump supporter if you want it realistic.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Could you define "Fairly..."?

Like, exactly what that would look like in practice?

For instance, this Republican that "Doesn't Think Alike..."

What, exactly, does she/he look like? As for "The Reality Of What Republicans Actually Are...", where is the disconnect(in your opinion)? What is the scenario where supporting a conservative issue is actually in the right, and it's getting a bad rap(if I'm reading what you are saying correctly...)?
    Well, an issue like gun control vs. the right to own firearms. I realize that a show like WW isn't like watching a real political debate, I just feel like the writers of the show should present the argument from both sides that makes good arguments for both and lets the viewer decide which character they lean towards. Instead of making the slant go obvious towards Jed Barlett because he's the liberal hero of the show because the writers are liberal over Arnold Vinick.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I always wonder why in shows and movies that the flagship President or Senator that you're supposed to root for is always a Democrat. In a show like Designated Survivor, Keifer Sutherland's character is a Democrat. In a show like The West Wing, Jed Bartlet is a Democrat. Now as a conservative viewer myself, I watch Designated Survivor and want to watch the West Wing. I'm not that stingy or close minded. They're good shows. But I feel like with a political show if you want to show proper balance I think the show runners should hire a writing staff with both conservatives and liberals. But when you have Aaron Sorkin, who's as left leaning as it gets write for conservative characters that are self serving, evil conniving characters, that's not really balanced. That shows a bias. DS also has a Republican Congresswoman who in the first episode is seen as being in solidarity with Tom Kirkman, but in the next episode is seen as self serving and backstabbing. But I guess it's easier to have movies like The Post and All the President's Men where the newspapermen are seen as the underdogs getting their voice trampled on, and President Nixon is seen as evil. If Bob Woodward and Leonard Bernstein were written as conservatives, I doubt Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman would have taken the parts. All I'm saying is they need to have balance with their liberal and conservative characters instead of writing the conservative characters as cartoon characters and their liberal characters as always in the right.
    It was nowhere near an equal split, but The West Wing did have some regular cast & guest star Republican characters that weren't painted as evil monsters; Ainsley Hayes, Joe Quincy, Cliff Calley, Jack Reese, and most prominently Arnold Vinick in the last two seasons. With the exception of Vinick and maybe Reese, I think the rest were introduced in Sorkin seasons.

I'm also guessing that there are people that would question whether some or all of those characters would be considered actual Republicans, but whatever.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Talk about delusional! Do you actually know any liberal parents of teens?
    Most TV and movies shows have liberal parents, who don't discipline their kids and encourage a lot of crap.

In Riverdale, Archie Andrews was 15 when he starts an affair with a teacher.
    This is your imaginary knock on liberals? Meanwhile, we have Civil Rights, Voting Rights, Gay Rights, Climate Change, Income inequity, Health Care, and many more where the Liberals are on the right side of History. .
    Every passionate liberal and conservative brag about how many good things they have done for the world.

Do Republicans still argue Lincoln freed the slaves? failing to mention both party switched in the 60s unless black republicans argue again the reason the parties switch was about the economy not the southern strategy?
    Not to mention you would have to have the Republican as a Fox News watching Trump supporter if you want it realistic
    Fox has a conservative republican spin

CNN and MSNBC have a democrat liberal spin.

America needs a credible independent news network for people that cares more about the truth and the facts to liberal vs conservative propaganda.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 04-19-2020 at 06:58 AM.

When your hero is pro removing womens rights, pro racist policies, pro anti-gay rhetoric and pro destroying the economy through bad services and economic idiocy he's not much of a hero.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    It was nowhere near an equal split, but The West Wing did have some regular cast & guest star Republican characters that weren't painted as evil monsters; Ainsley Hayes, Joe Quincy, Cliff Calley, Jack Reese, and most prominently Arnold Vinick in the last two seasons. With the exception of Vinick and maybe Reese, I think the rest were introduced in Sorkin seasons.

I'm also guessing that there are people that would question whether some or all of those characters would be considered actual Republicans, but whatever.
    At the time, I'd bet that they actually were Republicans.

But since Clinton, Republicans have relied on the grey fallacy more and more, pulling farther right so that they can pretend that any compromise is meeting in the middle.
    Last edited by The Cool Thatguy; 04-19-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Most TV and movies shows have liberal parents, who don't discipline their kids and encourage a lot of crap.

In Riverdale, Archie Andrews was 15 when he starts an affair with a teacher.
    Again, do you know any actual liberal parents? Riverdale is your example? How about Blackish or Modern Family?

Every passionate liberal and conservative brag about how many good things they have done for the world.

Do Republicans still argue Lincoln freed the slaves? failing to mention both party switched in the 60s unless black republicans argue again the reason the parties switch was about the economy not the southern strategy?
    Name something the Republicans have done more recently than 160 years ago when the GOP was not the conservative party? Let's talk post Reagan, which is really the today's GOP. What is it the Republicans have done in the last 40 years that made the world better?

Fox has a conservative republican spin

CNN and MSNBC have a democrat liberal spin.

America needs a credible independent news network for people that cares more about the truth and the facts to liberal vs conservative propaganda.
    That is not even remotely true. Fox does not have a "spin", it is an arm of the GOP. Any independent survey shows the other news outlets are mostly accurate. Fox is almost never. But this is the trope conservatives like to throw out. No matter how many times it is disproved.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    When your hero is pro removing womens rights, pro racist policies, pro anti-gay rhetoric and pro destroying the economy through bad services and economic idiocy he's not much of a hero.
    Though, those kinds of individuals see themselves as the “hero”, failing to have any self-awareness to realize that they’re actually the baddies.

FX will show "Mrs. America" mini-series about Conservative hero and icon Phyllis Shalfly.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/reviews/...ly-1234569426/

She embodied everything about the modern Republican Party. So here is a true, iconic Republican on TV.