Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    When your hero is pro removing womens rights, pro racist policies, pro anti-gay rhetoric and pro destroying the economy through bad services and economic idiocy he's not much of a hero.
    quoted for truth. Posts like this make me wish for a like button.

Niffleheim

The only character i have come across in the last 10 years in my viewing that i like is Kurt McVeigh in The Good Wife and The Good Fight. Carlton Banks is a Republican too i think. That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    You haven't answered the question about what conservatives have done that changed society for the better
    I don't know because I am not a conservative neither am I liberal.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Slightly off-topic but I remember way back when, in the 2000s, Peter Parker was described as a Guiliani-loving Democrat. But I'm more than certain that that hasn't been true in a long time by now.
    In the original comics Ditko wanted to him to be a Republican, except Stan Lee would override whatever he drew so he was liberal. For example, an in issue Ditko drew him arguing with anti-war protesters but Lee wrote Pete supporting them!

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Wasn’t Frank Underwood from House of Cards a Democrat?

Not all Democrats are depicted as angels.

But yeah, most folks with overly conservative views are depicted as mostly complete tools. For good reason to be honest
    Watch Scandal. I made it past the first 4 seasons before I had to stop.The president is republican. President Fitz Gerald Grant

He has a black mistress because you know Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemming was not enough.
    His chief of staff is gay
    he is anti gun
    He is for gay marriage
    He is more interested in calling out hypocrisies of the pro life people

The creator of the show Shonda Rhimes is very left wing. She created a parody republican president as a platform to push liberal policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    In the original comics Ditko wanted to him to be a Republican, except Stan Lee would override whatever he drew so he was liberal. For example, an in issue Ditko drew him arguing with anti-war protesters but Lee wrote Pete supporting them!
    I'm not surprised Ayn Rands favourite fanboy wanted to make Peter a Republican or an objectivist. That would have made him sink like a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Watch Scandal. I made it past the first 4 seasons before I had to stop.The president is republican. President Fitz Gerald Grant

He has a black mistress because you know Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemming was not enough.
    His chief of staff is gay
    he is anti gun
    He is for gay marriage
    He is more interested in calling out hypocrisies of the pro life people

The creator of the show Shonda Rhimes is very left wing. She created a parody republican president as a platform to push liberal policies.
    So he's a Rino, thats not exactly shocking

Niffleheim

Scandal pushes even left leaning ppl to the limit until they are forced to drop the show. Everyone is horrible in that show. EVERYONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Scandal pushes even left leaning ppl to the limit until they are forced to drop the show. Everyone is horrible in that show. EVERYONE.
    Oh so its Seinfeld. Horrible people being horrible

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    I don't know because I am not a conservative neither am I liberal.
    So if you don't know, then how do you know that the the shows and movies are being unfair or unbalanced? I mean, if they had a long list of positive achievements even somebody not affiliated with that ideological leaning could name a few couldn't they?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Well, an issue like gun control vs. the right to own firearms. I realize that a show like WW isn't like watching a real political debate, I just feel like the writers of the show should present the argument from both sides that makes good arguments for both and lets the viewer decide which character they lean towards. Instead of making the slant go obvious towards Jed Barlett because he's the liberal hero of the show because the writers are liberal over Arnold Vinick.
    The West Wing is a show about a Democratic president and a Democratic administration. Why would they need to give air time to those people the show is not telling a story about? But since you asked, in the FOURTH episode there is a debate about gun control that gives air time to conservative arguments. There are actually numerous episodes about this issue. I guess the writers felt they needed to give more air time to the liberal argument that gun control is better than the free-wheeling right to bear arms when dozens of children are getting blown away.

BANNED

I would say the Reagan family on Blue Bloods is conservative, with perhaps some more socially liberal viewpoints. They are the heroes of the show so you can’t say you’re not rooting for them.

Also, Rupert Murdoch, The Arch Conservative, is worth 16 billion dollars. If he wanted to, he could pick up the phone tomorrow and put 50 TV shows about conservatives on his Fox network within a year. Go ask him for to give the conservatives the support in the media they are clearly lacking...
    Last edited by sammy_hansen; 04-20-2020 at 04:06 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    Also, Rupert Murdoch, The Arch Conservative, is worth 16 billion dollars. If he wanted to, he could pick up the phone tomorrow and put 50 TV shows about conservatives on his Fox network within a year. Go ask him for to give the conservatives the support in the media they are clearly lacking...
    Fox hasn't got a tv network anymore, they sold that to Disney. All they have left is Fox News and sports channels.

Rupert Murdoch is the arch ultra conservative billionaire that owned a tv network (Fox) with the most obnoxious liberal shows. Entertainment to Rupert was an afterthought. He could afford to have liberal driven shows. His main primary objective is politics and government. He invested in Fox news to achieve that objective.

Well, you can still rewatch 7th heaven i guess lol.