Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default Who's the Flash on Earth-1985?

So who is the Flash on Earth-1985 (per DOOMSDAY CLOCK # 12). Looks like the original Kara Zor-El Supergirl survived the Crisis in this version of events, so is the Flash Barry or Wally?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

That's a world where the Crisis never happened, so it's Barry.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Or it's a world where the Crisis did happen, but the worst of it was averted by the Convergence Heroes — in which case it's still Barry.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Astonishing Member

It depends.

Even if Crisis didn't happen and Barry didn't die, there's a chance it could be Wally. Since before Crisis, Barry had retired to the 30th century with Iris. Maybe, Wally would eventually have picked up the mantle anyway.

Fantastic Member

Well, thank you all for clearing that one up!?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    It depends.

Even if Crisis didn't happen and Barry didn't die, there's a chance it could be Wally. Since before Crisis, Barry had retired to the 30th century with Iris. Maybe, Wally would eventually have picked up the mantle anyway.
    True. Immediately before the Crisis started, Barry had retired from superhero activities.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    Well, thank you all for clearing that one up!?
    Well, the problem is that Earth-1985 hasn't been explored, so we don't actually know anything other than that the concept behind it is as a continuation of the pre-Crisis DCU in much the same way that Earth-2 was a continuation of the Golden Age DCU.

In particular, we don't know how, or even if, the Crisis appeared in the history of Earth-1985. If it did appear in their history, it certainly didn't conclude the same way that it did on the primary Earth.

And until some of these questions are answered, there's no way to know who the contemporary Flash of Earth-1985 is. All we do know is that Barry Allen was the original Flash of that Earth. We don't know if he stayed in retirement, or was killed, or came back or of retirement and is still running around today. We don't know how much time has passed on Earth-1985 since it diverged from the primary Earth. Has it been a year? Five? Twenty-five? While my inclination would be to keep the number low, we don't know; and the longer it has been, the less likely it is that the contemporary Flash of Earth-1985 is Barry.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    So who is the Flash on Earth-1985 (per DOOMSDAY CLOCK # 12). Looks like the original Kara Zor-El Supergirl survived the Crisis in this version of events, so is the Flash Barry or Wally?

We don't know if that picture describes the contemporary Earth-1985, or if it's just supposed to be representative of the types of heroes found there. I can guarantee that the Flash is that picture is supposed to be Barry Allen; what I can't guarantee is whether he's still the Flash.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Astonishing Member

If there is ever a question then it's Barry. Even retroactively.

The Flash looks sort of like Grant Gustin in his face so I am going to say Barry Allen. (Oddly no one else looks like any live action counter-part, maybe Val Kilmer as Batman?)

BANNED

Barry. Doesn't mean no Wally as Flash too.

What I want to know is, why is Zatanna not wearing her '80's era costume? They went to the trouble of drawing Supergirl in her "Daring New Adventures" era costume, complete with headband, after all. (The fetishing of certain costumes because of their "sex appeal," such as fishnets on Zatanna and Black Canary, is just tiresome.)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    It depends.

That's my take on it too.
    Barry was happily living with Iris in the future before the Crisis hit.
    It could go either way. Barry returns with Iris to the present day (which would take some explaining) or Wally would assume the mantle of Flash.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

At the time of Crisis, Wally was suffering from a condition that brought him closer to death each time he used his speed, effectively sidelining him. If Barry didn't die in Crisis, this chain of events likely wouldn't have happened...

Flash1.jpg

Flash2.jpg

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Gotta be Barry or this Earth makes no sense.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!