Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I have a bad feeling (with no evidence to back it up) that Marvel will kill classic Moondragon and permanently replace her with her more heroic counterpart. I just can't see them keep two around, especially when they look exactly alike.

As for her look, Chriscross white one is fire. I loved the floating moon earrings.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Essplane, senior.
    We’ve seen heather as a sexual being in her early appearances in Avengers as well as with phyla-vel.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I have a bad feeling (with no evidence to back it up) that Marvel will kill classic Moondragon and permanently replace her with her more heroic counterpart. I just can't see them keep two around, especially when they look exactly alike.

As for her look, Chriscross white one is fire. I loved the floating moon earrings.
    616 was already dead until 2 issues of GOTG ago so it wouldn’t make sense to bring her back only to kill her.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Incredible Member

She was incredibly arrogant and manipulative when she was with the Avengers, but that just made her a lot of fun to read! Some of her interactions with other Avengers, especially Iron-Man and Quicksilver, were high points.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I know very little about Moondragon, but from the odd crossover or cosmic story I've read over the years, I always found it weird that she has this very hyper-sexual outfit, but the character herself doesn't seem very sexual. She seems like a no-nonsense, maybe a touch arrogant, psychic. Everyone loves a sexy lady, sure, but it never seemed to make sense to me for MoonDragon.
    She had a thing for...several heroes, including Quasar, before her and Phyla-Vel became an item.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    She was incredibly arrogant and manipulative when she was with the Avengers, but that just made her a lot of fun to read! Some of her interactions with other Avengers, especially Iron-Man and Quicksilver, were high points.
    There’s definitely an art to making characters like Iron Man and Namor, who can be arrogant by default, but the thing is to have it been an endearing sort of arrogant so that readers aren’t turned away.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    She had a thing for...several heroes, including Quasar, before her and Phyla-Vel became an item.
    Her interest in Quasar was less about him and more about her own ego. Moondragon was one of the candidates to be the Celestial Madonna...and she was passed over for Mantis. Moondragon decided to compensate for that slight by having her own "cosmic mate"--and since Quasar had been selected to be the official Protector of the Universe, she decided that he was worthy of being her mate. She didn't really have any legitimate romantic interest in him.

She didn't really show any true romantic interest in anyone until her relationship with Marlo Chandler. She had made a passing observation about Jack Of Hearts being physically attractive when she saw him naked, but that's as far as that went. She had sex with Thor--but that was part of her efforts to control him (since her telepathic powers were already stretched thin controlling Drax and the entire population of Ba-Bani). Her own thought bubbles in that issue made it very clear that she had no actual romantic interest in him at all, and she had also spurned his advances on her (as well as Iron Man's) back during her original time with the Avengers. She didn't have a thing for several heroes--several heroes had a thing for her, and she found it tiresome and annoying.

in her time with the Defenders she encouraged several of the men to be interested in her--but just like her "relationship" with Thor, that was about using them not an interest in them. She was hoping to get one of them to help her remove the power dampening headband that Odin had put on her to keep her in line, so she sent out subtle telepathic vibes, which caused Beast, Iceman, Angel and Cloud to all start being attracted to her.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so who can play her in a movie? with a movie appropriate outfit, of course. how would she be different from Mantis?
    I so wanted to see Moondragon introduced as yet another 'daughter of Thanos' that he'd kidnapped and raised as his own, along with Gamora and Nebula (who flat out says in the first movie, 'Of all our sisters...' suggesting that there were more of them, only for that to get quietly ignored in favor of using the Black Order instead of a team of 'daughters of Thanos' as 'mini-bosses' for the later Avengers vs. Thanos movies).

Thanks to him clearly having the Mind Stone (before loaning it to Loki) and the Mind Stone clearly being able to empower people (as it did Pietro and Wanda), there's even plenty of precedent for this 'daughter of Thanos' (formerly Kymeria, daughter of Drax, believed dead in the attack on Drax's world, and believing in turn that both of her actual parents were killed there) to have awesome psychic powers!

It could have been quite the 'family reunion' for Drax to find out that Kymeria was still alive, only barely remembered him, and now regarded Thanos as her 'father...' (Plus the later Avengers movies having the Avengers fight a bunch of daughters of Thanos, instead of the Black Order, could have been fun. Heck, imagine most of the scenes with 'the Maw' using his telekinesis against Dr. Strange, only it was Moondragon instead (just adjust the part where he gets blown into space, if we want the character to survive!)...)

A missed opportunity, IMO.

Astonishing Member

Gamora, Nebula and Carina Walters have all been disappointing characters in the films. I can only imagine Moondragon would be as well.

Not sure how I missed this thread, because I really like Moondragon, and a thread where we can appreciate her!

Moondragon was supposed to appear in the GoTG movie when they were first talking years ago, with her probably appearing at the end of 1 and starring in 2. I was so sad when Heather did not appear at all!

However, at least Moondragon is back in the comics. Cosmic adventures are good for someone of her powerfulness.

I've loved the character since she first met the Avengers in 1977/ Annual with the original Warlock/Thanos story "It has begun" as she sensed planets being wiped out.

Arrogant, yeah, but she was so much more. After a few years, it dawned on me that as a non-mutant she was Professor X equal, or close. Eventually my head canon says, Mentor brought her to Titan, *also* because perhaps he sensed her to be a descendant of Earth-Eternals genes, and capable of having that gene's full potential expressed (Drax too, I guess). And yeah, she's never given all the credit for her science skills.

No matter how impossibly long ago her Eternal ancestor was, she is the best example of the level an earthling can achieve, with sufficient training of course.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Sure, but no more than actual "Gods" have been in Marvel comics. I mean, if you consider she is possibly a descendent of Eternals as well as trained by Titan Eternals, she is a sort of demi-God. At any rate, how often do we berate Odin or Zeus for their Jedi mind tricks. As men, they don't get the full criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I so wanted to see Moondragon introduced as yet another 'daughter of Thanos' that he'd kidnapped and raised as his own, along with Gamora and Nebula (who flat out says in the first movie, 'Of all our sisters...' suggesting that there were more of them, only for that to get quietly ignored in favor of using the Black Order instead of a team of 'daughters of Thanos' as 'mini-bosses' for the later Avengers vs. Thanos movies).

Thanks to him clearly having the Mind Stone (before loaning it to Loki) and the Mind Stone clearly being able to empower people (as it did Pietro and Wanda), there's even plenty of precedent for this 'daughter of Thanos' (formerly Kymeria, daughter of Drax, believed dead in the attack on Drax's world, and believing in turn that both of her actual parents were killed there) to have awesome psychic powers!

It could have been quite the 'family reunion' for Drax to find out that Kymeria was still alive, only barely remembered him, and now regarded Thanos as her 'father...' (Plus the later Avengers movies having the Avengers fight a bunch of daughters of Thanos, instead of the Black Order, could have been fun. Heck, imagine most of the scenes with 'the Maw' using his telekinesis against Dr. Strange, only it was Moondragon instead (just adjust the part where he gets blown into space, if we want the character to survive!)...)

A missed opportunity, IMO.
    Yes, I thought that was a natural, that Nebula was more or less a MoonDragon surrogate and also Drax daughter -let's face it, these things always have the soap opera elements. I would have been down with that.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Moondragon’s origin from Daredevil #105, (November, 1973), which describes her as having been born in the 1950s. Another sign of the sliding timescale I suppose:

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I've loved the character since she first met the Avengers in 1977/ Annual with the original Warlock/Thanos story "It has begun" as she sensed planets being wiped out.

Arrogant, yeah, but she was so much more. After a few years, it dawned on me that as a non-mutant she was Professor X equal, or close. Eventually my head canon says, Mentor brought her to Titan, *also* because perhaps he sensed her to be a descendant of Earth-Eternals genes, and capable of having that gene's full potential expressed (Drax too, I guess). And yeah, she's never given all the credit for her science skills.

No matter how impossibly long ago her Eternal ancestor was, she is the best example of the level an earthling can achieve, with sufficient training of course.
    Yeah, Moondragon's power always seemed extremely powerful to me, but I do not know how it compares to Prof X or Jean Grey. I would really like to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Moondragon’s origin from Daredevil #105, (November, 1973), which describes her as having been born in the 1950s. Another sign of the sliding timescale I suppose:

Moondragon, like other characters of the times, such as Mantis, Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch were all said to be born in the 1950's.

I love seeing Moondragon as a child! What rare showings! While shown with blonde hair here, I remember seeing her with black hair as a child after Thanos had killed her parents.

Did Moondragon lose her hair as a side effect of her extreme power usage?