Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, Moondragon's power always seemed extremely powerful to me, but I do not know how it compares to Prof X or Jean Grey. I would really like to know!
    I found this Moondragon vs Professor X some years ago and I got back to it sometimes. Part of the discussion centered on whether Heather was actively controlling the minds of the Ba-Bani leaders or just implanting suggestions in their minds.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...dragon-557000/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I found this Moondragon vs Professor X some years ago and I got back to it sometimes. Part of the discussion centered on whether Heather was actively controlling the minds of the Ba-Bani leaders or just implanting suggestions in their minds.

She wasn't, she even says so in that very issue. What I find funny, she was unable to break Professor X's mental shield using the mind gem in Infinity Wars.
    RCO015_1466107511 (1).jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-27-2020 at 05:49 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Her interest in Quasar was less about him and more about her own ego. Moondragon was one of the candidates to be the Celestial Madonna...and she was passed over for Mantis. Moondragon decided to compensate for that slight by having her own "cosmic mate"--and since Quasar had been selected to be the official Protector of the Universe, she decided that he was worthy of being her mate. She didn't really have any legitimate romantic interest in him.

She didn't really show any true romantic interest in anyone until her relationship with Marlo Chandler. She had made a passing observation about Jack Of Hearts being physically attractive when she saw him naked, but that's as far as that went. She had sex with Thor--but that was part of her efforts to control him (since her telepathic powers were already stretched thin controlling Drax and the entire population of Ba-Bani). Her own thought bubbles in that issue made it very clear that she had no actual romantic interest in him at all, and she had also spurned his advances on her (as well as Iron Man's) back during her original time with the Avengers. She didn't have a thing for several heroes--several heroes had a thing for her, and she found it tiresome and annoying.

in her time with the Defenders she encouraged several of the men to be interested in her--but just like her "relationship" with Thor, that was about using them not an interest in them. She was hoping to get one of them to help her remove the power dampening headband that Odin had put on her to keep her in line, so she sent out subtle telepathic vibes, which caused Beast, Iceman, Angel and Cloud to all start being attracted to her.
    IIRC, didn't she have an interest in Makkari at one point? What would you say were her serious relationships, outside Phyla-Vel?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    She wasn't, she even says so in that very issue. What I find funny, she was unable to break Professor X's mental shield using the mind gem in Infinity Wars.
    I'm not sure where you read, Moondragon did try to downplay her role in terms of controlling the inhabitants of Ba-Bani, but she was in fact controlling millions all over that world.

jpeg4.jpg

What is more impressive, while she was doing that, she telepathically summoned the Avengers from light years away and subtly began to telepathically control them as well. This, while Iron Man's anti telepathy tech was working. Stark in fact was the first to figure out something was wrong, and then awakened Drax to the danger they were in. Heather then re-asserted control over Drax and in fact, that is the issue she gave Drax brain damage, creating dumb Drax.

Also, the scan above isn't consistent with Heather making Xavier catatonic with a psi blast while wearing the mind gem in Infinity Crusade (the main story).
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    I'm not sure where you read, Moondragon did try to downplay her role in terms of controlling the inhabitants of Ba-Bani, but she was in fact controlling millions all over that world.
    jpeg4.jpg

That doesn't change what she said to the Avengers in that scan. She holding millions of minds under her sway to stop wars. Not the entire planet. It's still a cool feat.

What is more impressive, while she was doing that, she telepathically summoned the Avengers from light years away and subtly began to telepathically control them as well.
    Agreed, I never understand why people don't bring that up. I always thought that was more impressive than her influencing a few million people. New York has 8.2 million people in it and that's just a walk in the park for some of the X-mutants.

A few million is well below the BILLIONS Professor X, Emma, Jean, Shadow King, X-Man, and even Psylocke have touched with their minds. To me, a few million shouldn't be a strain on Heather's mind.

To be fair, not sure if this was before or after she got her Dragon of the Moon enhancement.

Also, the scan above isn't consistent with Heather making Xavier catatonic with a psi blast while wearing the mind gem in Infinity Crusade (the main story).
    No, the picture I posted happened during Infinity War...in a tie in issue of Quasar. Her psi-blasting Xavier took place in Infinity Crusade 3, which is the third part to the Infinity Saga. A non-impressive feat given that she was using the Mind Gem. No shade meant by that comment by the way.

Attachment 96048
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-28-2020 at 07:33 AM.

jpeg4.jpg

That doesn't change what she said to the Avengers in that scan. She holding millions of minds under her sway to stop wars. Not the entire planet. It's still a cool feat.
    Here is what was said, above:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

You responded:

The number of people she controlled never came up until I said:

jpeg4.jpg
    However, the context seems to indicate she was controlling the entire planet. This would make sense given the entire planet had been at war for ages.

jpeg1.jpg

jpeg3.jpg

Agreed, I never understand why people don't bring that up. I always thought that was more impressive than her influencing a few million people. New York has 8.2 million people in it and that's just a walk in the park for some of the X-mutants.

A few million is well below the BILLIONS Professor X, Emma, Jean, Shadow King, X-Man, and even Psylocke have touched with their minds. To me, a few million shouldn't be a strain on Heather's mind.

To be fair, not sure if this was before or after she got her Dragon of the Moon enhancement.
    I don't recall Xavier ever actively controlling millions by maintaining a psychic link with them for an extended period of time. Do you have some scans to the contrary?

No, the picture I posted happened during Infinity War...in a tie in issue of Quasar. Her psi-blasting Xavier took place in Infinity Crusade 3, which is the third part to the Infinity Saga. A non-impressive feat given that she was using the Mind Gem. No shade meant by that comment by the way.

Attachment 96048
    Correct you are, that was from Infinity War. However, in the same issue, Xavier was unable to do much with her there either, although, she did have the mind gem.

jpeg4.jpg

That book seems to place them on a par telepathically, but the subsequent showing in Infinity Crusade shows Heather to dominate with the mind gem.
    ----------------------

Astonishing Member

IIRC, didn't she have an interest in Makkari at one point? What would you say were her serious relationships, outside Phyla-Vel?
    Not Makkari, no. You are probably thinking of her encounter with The Runner; the two of them had a brief fascination with each other for one issue before they parted ways.

Outside of Phyla, I'd say her only truly serious relationship was Marlo Chandler. Moondragon herself said that Marlo was the first person she truly loved, and that she didn't really understand those feelings she fell for Marlo.

The closest she's had to serious relationships outside of Marlo and Phyla would probably be her short lived encounter with The Runner, and maybe her friendship with Daredevil. Also her friendship with Cloud. She at least expressed an affection for Cloud, even if she didn't return their romantic feelings for her.

I hope Marvel shows us more of her Telepathy

I seem to remember a different version of this story, where Thanos is full grown and responsible for her parents' death, the car crash. I think this is the original and than they altered slightly. In the same several years. Love MD.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I seem to remember a different version of this story, where Thanos is full grown and responsible for her parents' death, the car crash. I think this is the original and than they altered slightly. In the same several years. Love MD.
    Yeah, it is probably the one I mentioned on Page 2 where I remember Heather having black hair after Thanos killed her parents by causing their car to crash.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

From Guardians of the Galaxy #3 (May, 2020):

Here is what was said, above:

You responded:

The number of people she controlled never came up until I said:
    LOL, My bad. I edited out/delete a sentence that talked about the Vs. debate on Comicvine. Sorry again, I didn't even notice it was gone. Getting old...lol

However, the context seems to indicate she was controlling the entire planet. This would make sense given the entire planet had been at war for ages.

jpeg1.jpg

jpeg3.jpg
    Moondragon explained that she wasn't controlling the entire population. She controlled key people around the world...millions of people but not the entire planet. Still impressive in my book.

I don't recall Xavier ever actively controlling millions by maintaining a psychic link with them for an extended period of time. Do you have some scans to the contrary?
    Xavier is a hero, so he would never try to control that many people against their will for that long of a time.

Now with that being said, Moondragon was at her limit with several million people while Xavier, Jean and I think Emma have broadcast their psychic influence across the entire planet of 5 to 7 billion people. Moondragon does have a World feat but that was with the aid of Xavier, Jean and Psylocke.

Correct you are, that was from Infinity War. However, in the same issue, Xavier was unable to do much with her there either, although, she did have the mind gem.

jpeg4.jpg

That book seems to place them on a par telepathically, but the subsequent showing in Infinity Crusade shows Heather to dominate with the mind gem.
    With the Mind gem on her head, there really shouldn't have been no issue with her overpowering Xavier mental shielding. The next time they encounter each other in IC, she was under the mental control of the Goddess...which I consider BS. Moondragon is a top notch telepath and possessed the Mind Gem, so mind controlling her should be damn near impossible. Though in Moony's defense she was comatose when the Goddess came to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    From Guardians of the Galaxy #3 (May, 2020):

Gonna get this as soon as it comes out

She looks like the young and hot version of Cassandra Nova

Both bald, telepaths (both have Telekinesis as well) and their powers are green

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    She looks like the young and hot version of Cassandra Nova

Both bald, telepaths (both have Telekinesis as well) and their powers are green
    Would love to see that fight.

Quick Question to anyone who knows...
    Does Moondragon still possesses her power enhancement from the Dragon of the Moon and the Beyonder?