Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    From Guardians of the Galaxy #3 (May, 2020):

That is amazing -- in both art and story. This is shaping up to be the best GOTG since the Abnett era -- maybe even better!

Astonishing Member

Regarding the Dragon of the Moon enhancement -- I think that ended long ago. I think she is actually no a clone of her old self -- but with the mind of the original -- so I don't know if any residual effects would be in place or not. Isn't that what her new appearances are about?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Regarding the Dragon of the Moon enhancement -- I think that ended long ago.
    That half of her face is in shadow in that panel is either a hint or a callback.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    LOL, My bad. I edited out/delete a sentence that talked about the Vs. debate on Comicvine. Sorry again, I didn't even notice it was gone. Getting old...lol
    Eh, I forget stuff all the time.

Moondragon explained that she wasn't controlling the entire population. She controlled key people around the world...millions of people but not the entire planet.
    Her initial explanation in Avengers 219 was part of a lie on her part. It later came out that she was controlling the entire planet of "warlike inhabitants" as they were described. I doubt controlling only a few key people would've worked on a planet of "warlike beings"

Still impressive in my book. Xavier is a hero, so he would never try to control that many people against their will for that long of a time.
    Sure, but it doesn't help his cause here if we're making comparisons. Don't get me wrong, Chuck is a top tier telepath.

Now with that being said, Moondragon was at her limit with several million people
    Ba-Bani is comprised of 92 million, all of whom were said to be under her telepathic control as that story unfolds.

while Xavier, Jean and I think Emma have broadcast their psychic influence across the entire planet of 5 to 7 billion people.
    But do any of them have feats for telepathically controlling people to act against their will...into many millions?

Moondragon does have a World feat but that was with the aid of Xavier, Jean and Psylocke.
    Eh, a shared feat. Hard to say who was doing what.

With the Mind gem on her head, there really shouldn't have been no issue with her overpowering Xavier mental shielding.
    Agreed. I could see it happening if Heather didn't have the mind gem. But the mind gem should've made her superior.

The next time they encounter each other in IC, she was under the mental control of the Goddess...which I consider BS. Moondragon is a top notch telepath and possessed the Mind Gem, so mind controlling her should be damn near impossible. Though in Moony's defense she was comatose when the Goddess came to her.
    Agreed. It is worth noting that after the events on Ba Bani, Heather was maybe...depressed a little? After what she did to her father while controlling Ba-Bani and the Avengers.

Attachment 96078

At any rate, this isn't a "Rumbles" thread. I'll leave off this particular subject.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Regarding the Dragon of the Moon enhancement -- I think that ended long ago. I think she is actually no a clone of her old self -- but with the mind of the original -- so I don't know if any residual effects would be in place or not. Isn't that what her new appearances are about?
    I really don't know. She was enhanced twice and she did turn into a dragon just before she dead. Was that body a clone too?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member

I forgot that the dragon resurfaced yet again, but yeah, I think that body was a clone. It's a bit messy. She was atomized in the end of the Defenders. And then I think she inhabited a lookalike cousin named Sundragon or something to that effect -- and then eventually was transferred to a clone of herself. I believe this was told in the back of a couple of Solo Avengers issues. I may be getting some of the details wrong -- as I just browsed through those stories at the shop.

I forgot that the dragon resurfaced yet again, but yeah, I think that body was a clone. It's a bit messy. She was atomized in the end of the Defenders. And then I think she inhabited a lookalike cousin named Sundragon or something to that effect -- and then eventually was transferred to a clone of herself. I believe this was told in the back of a couple of Solo Avengers issues. I may be getting some of the details wrong -- as I just browsed through those stories at the shop.
    Sundragon or Pamela Douglas, is Heather's cousin, who assisted Heather in a new body formation. That was long ago, and before a few more recent deaths/rebirths/dragon transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Sundragon or Pamela Douglas, is Heather's cousin, who assisted Heather in a new body formation. That was long ago, and before a few more recent deaths/rebirths/dragon transformation.
    Sundragon turn out to be very powerful. While Moony is the superior telepath. Sundragon had some impressive telekinetic feats...like cosmic level.

Sundragon turn out to be very powerful. While Moony is the superior telepath. Sundragon had some impressive telekinetic feats...like cosmic level.
    Yes, I seem to remember some high power somethings that Sundragon did in the beginning. Later on though, did they change her powers to more energy-type powers than TK/TP?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, I seem to remember some high power somethings that Sundragon did in the beginning. Later on though, did they change her powers to more energy-type powers than TK/TP?
    IIRC, she had a part in the Marvel Comic Present story where she manipulation a star or something big. She seem to be on Surfer's level...but my memory of the story is vague

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Moondragon as she appeared in Warlock and the Infinity Watch #8, #13, and #27 (1992-1994). Art by Tom Raney and Tom Grindberg.

Astonishing Member

Those 90s drawings are ridiculous. I know times change, and MD always had an outfit that showed a lot of skin, but someone higher up should have taken a stand at thongs!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

One thing I noticed was that in the two stories where the female villain (the Goddess and Morgan le Fay) mind-controlled a large number of heroes with Moondragon among them, she is given the priestess role.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Those 90s drawings are ridiculous. I know times change, and MD always had an outfit that showed a lot of skin, but someone higher up should have taken a stand at thongs!
    Yeah, Drax probably talk to her about that when he got his brain back. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    One thing I noticed was that in the two stories where the female villain (the Goddess and Morgan le Fay) mind-controlled a large number of heroes with Moondragon among them, she is given the priestess role.
    I always thought Marvel missed a good opportunity with Moondragon being taught her abilities by alien monks. I could see Heather having a church (or cult) called The Children of the Dragon. Where she trains humans in the ways of Shao-Lom to be her disciples and worship her as their High Priest or Goddess. She arrogant enough to set herself up as a Messiah like being or she was before she found love.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 05-02-2020 at 05:23 AM.

Boisterously Confused

I particularly liked Moondragon when her psionic powers were a bit more modest, because she could be written with a really cool combination of capabilities. Martial arts augmented by telekinetic and/or telepathic effects, and supplemented by advanced technologies. Amp her psionics up too much, and the other stuff starts to fall away.