Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

So the Mind Gem also increase Moondragon's telekinesis, along with her telepathy. She always had a mid form of telekinesis but this statement from Thanos is Interesting...

RCO008_1466073256.jpg
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Ultimate Member

Perhaps the writer didn't realize that she was always a telekinetic (once blocking Thor's hammer, IIRC!, and levitating more than once), and thought she was 'just' a telepath?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Perhaps the writer didn't realize that she was always a telekinetic (once blocking Thor's hammer, IIRC!, and levitating more than once), and thought she was 'just' a telepath?
    I'm assuming he means long distance telekinesis.

Moondragon always had some TK power. However, she could not fly, only levitate.

I think the Mind Gem enhanced her mental stats as well as her TP and TK, but probably her TK more since her TP was already high level. Now, Moony could fly.

The Green dragon that she recently used in the GOTG comic from last year, it seems like it is TK based as well

She even hurt Hela combining her power with Beta Ray Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I seem to remember a different version of this story, where Thanos is full grown and responsible for her parents' death, the car crash. I think this is the original and than they altered slightly. In the same several years. Love MD.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, it is probably the one I mentioned on Page 2 where I remember Heather having black hair after Thanos killed her parents by causing their car to crash.
    Can't say that I'm fond of that retcon making her another candidate for a "Daughter of the Mad Titan" rather than in his peer group as initially shown. I found the page where the change was made (and perhaps where a dark haired Heather Douglas was seen post-car crash, but I haven't sussed out what issue it is from yet.

UPDATE: Retcon issue found: CAPTAIN MARVEL #32 (1974), written by Starlin so at least the modification of her origin was done by her creator. Combined with the timing of the change so early in the character’s existence, perhaps it can be seen as an evolution of concept more than a retroactive change in the traditional sense.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-03-2020 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Issue reference found

Astonishing Member

I think that is from an issue of Daredevil, but I could be wrong.

I think I'm mostly familiar with MoodDragon in her original and more classic phase, to me at least. I didn't really like how that phase ended, more or less in the end of that old Defender's Run. I liked her in Infinity Watch and the related series around the stones, ThanOs etc.

Like many female characters, and possibly telepath/PK types more specifically, their power levels fluctuate per the story demands.

To me, MoonDragon presented, even back then, as equal/co-equal with Xaviar. I always thought it was significant that it wasn't about a mutation, but so-called training on the Moon of Titan. By Eternals. Well, my back story says that Both Drax and MD probably were / are always descended, many times down, from Eternal genes. Why not? Marvel used that with Inhumans, and more or less we do know that Earthian Eternals mixed in the human gene pool over millennia.

So Heather is a superior telepath and amazing and trainable human genes, because of that, plus the advanced training and possible augmentation she received as a child on Titan.

Almost everything else since than, was fate. Everything makes her better, eventually.

I think I'm mostly familiar with MoodDragon in her original and more classic phase, to me at least. I didn't really like how that phase ended, more or less in the end of that old Defender's Run. I liked her in Infinity Watch and the related series around the stones, ThanOs etc.

Like many female characters, and possibly telepath/PK types more specifically, their power levels fluctuate per the story demands.

To me, MoonDragon presented, even back then, as equal/co-equal with Xaviar. I always thought it was significant that it wasn't about a mutation, but so-called training on the Moon of Titan. By Eternals. Well, my back story says that Both Drax and MD probably were / are always descended, many times down, from Eternal genes. Why not? Marvel used that with Inhumans, and more or less we do know that Earthian Eternals mixed in the human gene pool over millennia.

So Heather is a superior telepath and amazing and trainable human genes, because of that, plus the advanced training and possible augmentation she received as a child on Titan.

Almost everything else since than, was fate. Everything makes her better, eventually.
    Except, Heather was one of two girls chosen to be trained by the Priests, Mantis was the other girl. Both girls are human and lost their parents, but the Priests saw greatness in both. While Mantis was trained by the Priests of Pama in Saigon, Heather was taken to Titan and trained there by the Priests. Both girls emerged as young women with extraordinary physical and mental disciplines taught by the Priests. Due to aspects of the training being slightly different, and of course because they are different people, Mantis took more to the Physical aspect, while Heather took more to the sciences and Mental aspects. However, both women excel in both physical and mental aspects.

Moondragon and Mantis (along with the Scarlet Witch and Agatha Harkness who were confounding variables because they happened to be present) were both choices for the Celestial Madonna. Mantis won the honor due to her humility.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 05-04-2020 at 12:48 PM.

I really wonder where they're gonna go with Moondragon. I would love to see her stretch her mental powers a little bit more. The X-Telepaths have steadily been getting world class feats and Moony been getting slept on.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I really wonder where they're gonna go with Moondragon. I would love to see her stretch her mental powers a little bit more. The X-Telepaths have steadily been getting world class feats and Moony been getting slept on.
    Yes please. I'd love to see Moondragon take centre stage with her powers.

She should. No matter what you take into account, she is beyond mutant. She's Omega level enhanced human.

She should. No matter what you take into account, she is beyond mutant. She's Omega level enhanced human.
    She is. Doctor Strange also comes to mind as a non mutant who is supremely adept at navigating the mind scape.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Doctor Strange also comes to mind as a non mutant who is supremely adept at navigating the mind scape.
    I'm sure Strange and Moondragon can synergize their powers like how Strange and Xavier projected a convincing image of Galactus at the Skrull fleet. Or Moondragon and another magician, who would you choose?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Going a little overboard there. Sir...lol

Let's just get her in a book for more then 4 issues.