Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Captain Marvel (MCU) vs. Hancock

Captain Marvel
    (MCU)

vs.

Hancock
    (Hancock)

Captain Marvel and Hancock face-off in downtown Manhattan. Who wins?

CM is undoubtedly faster in straight-line flight although Hancock got to the Moon but that's not interstellar distances. She also has a ranged game but I don't recall her doing anything with energy blasts that would take out a guy who no-sells a train at full speed. Flying through all of those explosions may well indicate they are both so durable at high-end that neither can hurt the other. I give him the edge though.
    Power with Girl is better.

Thanos' city-sized flagship >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> train. Ignoring said flagship's fire. No-selling a headbut from Thanos, who lays low physically both Hulk and Thor. Methinks you're underselling Captain Marvel by quite a lot.
    Last edited by Twickster; 04-20-2020 at 11:37 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Hancock's got a big edge in reaction speed.

CM has obviously much higher flight speed.

Both are stupidly durable and strong. Stopping the train instantly is the best feat either has.

I would say that Hancock probably can't hurt CM. I would say she could do some nasty stuff to him, but she won't get a chance, because Hancock is too fast, unless she can dish out some AoEs, and I don't recall off-hand.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Thanos' city-sized flagship >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> train. Ignoring said flagship's fire. No-selling a headbut from Thanos, who lays low physically both Hulk and Thor. Methinks you're underselling Captain Marvel by quite a lot.
    She flew through the ship. She didn’t stop it cold.

Bit of a difference in feats. Superman flying through an aircraft carrier is not as impressive as him stopping its entire weight from moving instantly.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She flew through the ship. She didn’t stop it cold.

Bit of a difference in feats. Superman flying through an aircraft carrier is not as impressive as him stopping its entire weight from moving instantly.
    Agreed with this. That feat is more of a durability showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    FYI she was only able to no sell those headbutts due to absorbing energy from the gauntlet. Leading up to it(when she first touched it) his headbutts were hurting her fine.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    FYI she was only able to no sell those headbutts due to absorbing energy from the gauntlet. Leading up to it(when she first touched it) his headbutts were hurting her fine.
    Absolutely not. Go watch it again. There is exactly zero indication that she is hurt by anything Thanos does not involving the gauntlet, and zero indication that she's somehow absorbing power from the stones.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The scene in question:

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    The scene in question:

There's nothing when I saw it in the theater or here that indicated she was taking power from the Gauntlet. He tossed her away long enough to get the Gauntlet on, she totally no-sold his headbutt and he had to pull one of the gems off the Gauntlet and hit her using it's power to stop her.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Absolutely not. Go watch it again. There is exactly zero indication that she is hurt by anything Thanos does not involving the gauntlet, and zero indication that she's somehow absorbing power from the stones.
    Technically, isn't she always utilizing the Space Stone ISTR it having a reaction when she finally got access to her full power in her movie, despite her not being in contact with it? I'm wondering if any sequel will involve her having to link herself to a White Hole or something there are no Infinity Stones left. Or at least find some way for the Skrulls to power their FTL ships now.

But that's not really relevant to the scene in question.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 04-22-2020 at 06:42 PM.

BANNED

Where does it say in any source material she absorbed the gauntlets energy...she regularly glows like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    The scene in question:

So I was mistaken when I thought he hit her more than once. But it is clear she is getting stronger by absorbing the energy from the gauntlet, her aura was beginning to cover the gauntlet, and she went from struggling with him while he was pushing her down to, to grunting as she was slowly standing up, to fully standing, no selling his headbutt, to easily overtaking him while beginning to break the gauntlet.

That is a progression in power. Otherwise there would have been no struggle. She would have laid him out before he put the gauntlet on, and he would never have been able to toss her to the side with ease. She was clearly getting stronger the moment she grabbed that glove.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Where does it say in any source material she absorbed the gauntlets energy...she regularly glows like that.
    Wean did she absorb energy at all in the MCU?

BANNED

So I was mistaken when I thought he hit her more than once. But it is clear she is getting stronger by absorbing the energy from the gauntlet, her aura was beginning to cover the gauntlet, and she went from struggling with him while he was pushing her down to, to grunting as she was slowly standing up, to fully standing, no selling his headbutt, to easily overtaking him while beginning to break the gauntlet.

That is a progression in power. Otherwise there would have been no struggle. She would have laid him out before he put the gauntlet on, and he would never have been able to toss her to the side with ease. She was clearly getting stronger the moment she grabbed that glove.
    Again where’s the source material