Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't like the big clunky gauntlets because it just looks odd given all of their technology and who would want to fight with big huge gauntlets on their arms...
    Sure with comic book science magic, I’m sure Noriko could just have a Flash Ring...but kinda boring visually and takes away her hook. If I can accept a vigilante dressing like a bat and wearing cape and mask that would make it impossible for him to see/move effectively, suddenly clunky armwear ain’t so problematic...

I don't like them simply because she's a speedster. They also look a little outdated. There are more than enough tech geniuses in the MU to give her something better.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Wonder if they could do a Krakoa-tech spin on the gauntlets.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    who would want to fight with big huge gauntlets on their arms...
    There's a long list of heroes that fit this criteria.

Ultimate Member

Would just think that maybe she'd want something different...and she wouldn't have to use a ring just sleeker gauntlets...

Maybe the gauntlets should go and she should wear some lighter and small accessories on her body, like bracelets on her wrists and legs, maybe gloves to channel her blasts.

I'll admit her gauntlets are part of her design though, so an update would be nice.

She should have better control of her powers by now and no longer need the gauntlets by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Psych1c View Post
    Maybe the gauntlets should go and she should wear some lighter and small accessories on her body, like bracelets on her wrists and legs, maybe gloves to channel her blasts.

I'll admit her gauntlets are part of her design though, so an update would be nice.
    I really enjoy the idea of slick gloves --- and I mean strictly gloves, rather than the full gauntlet. I get that her whole "continually absorbing static electricity" thing must be tough to deal with, so I respect that she needs a hand (haha).

The gauntlets add a design element that artists can play around with, you can have so much fun designing different gauntlets that help illustrate how she uses her powers

I've been toying with the idea of giving her bracelets with little rotating turbine/engine lights. The lights could spin faster as she charges an attack

Or you could put them on her ankles, just as a visual thing to help illustrate her speed

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Sure with comic book science magic, I’m sure Noriko could just have a Flash Ring...but kinda boring visually and takes away her hook. If I can accept a vigilante dressing like a bat and wearing cape and mask that would make it impossible for him to see/move effectively, suddenly clunky armwear ain’t so problematic...

If we're gonna talk about DC characters....

Livewire! Her reflexes are fast enough that she can listen to wifi data traffic. It' a bit novel for an electric manipulator actually. Livewire's powers include a bit of technomancy. She can also literally move as fast as a lightning bolt travels. I'm sure you can guess how much it hurts when she tries to electrocute people. I mean... she was originally a Superman villain.

The main thing that separates the two is that Livewire can use her powers to power a computer while mentally controlling it and if Surge tried that she doesn't even have the control to avoid accidentally exploding the computer, much less using her powers to connect it to the internet. The gauntlets Surge wears are much like Cyclop's visor in that their function is to INHIBIT her powers in a manner Surge can control. then again…. That scene with Livewire established that Leslie kinda needed something similar. But in Leslie's case it caused her to lose the ability to mentally focus and do weird crazy stuff that if she was thinking clearly she'd realize was a bad idea. BUT... Livewire didn't really have an issue with accidentally destroying things. Noriko's issue is in sucking the juice out of pretty much everything near her as a matter of reflex.

But anyways, the point here is that Noriko's gauntlets are actually an important aspect of her powers, so not having them is a no-go, while there's only so much you can do to minimize them