Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Queen Clea

I couldn't predict whether or not the current creative team has any interest in using Queen Clea. That said, Jiminez' use of the character a bit back showed she can translate well enough to the modern stuff.

Clea is literally my favorite Wonder Woman villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    I couldn't predict whether or not the current creative team has any interest in using Queen Clea. That said, Jiminez' use of the character a bit back showed she can translate well enough to the modern stuff.
    I think chances are pretty high for Queen Clea's return in the next few years. I'm a little surprised she hasn't appeared in any of the Black & Gold stories.

I had the idea of her and the amazons having a respect for one another. And that she also was suppose to be next in lead for the ruler of the sea. She is now just ruler of one of the seven seas. So it works like this 7 seas each their own rulers but have to answer to Aquaman. She blocked contacted. She offered the Amazons more protection from outsiders. IN chanced for tech

If the internet lost it that much over Lady Dimitrescu, wait till they see Queen Clea.

I don't mind the connection with Atlantis and Aquaman. I would love a cross over where WW and Aquaman fight Queen Clea. Her interactions with Mera would be interesting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I had the idea of her and the amazons having a respect for one another. And that she also was suppose to be next in lead for the ruler of the sea. She is now just ruler of one of the seven seas. So it works like this 7 seas each their own rulers but have to answer to Aquaman. She blocked contacted. She offered the Amazons more protection from outsiders. IN chanced for tech
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    If the internet lost it that much over Lady Dimitrescu, wait till they see Queen Clea.

I don't mind the connection with Atlantis and Aquaman. I would love a cross over where WW and Aquaman fight Queen Clea. Her interactions with Mera would be interesting as well.
    Yeah, this is one of those cases where a shared universe works, if the writers actually have a proper shared setting.

I kinda wonder if the issue is that DC wants to limit the scope of Atlantean stuff in general, so that it's confined to Aquaman books, and in the process wrote out basically all Atlantean stuff outside of Atlantis itself.

Honestly though making Venturia an Atlantean city in the Mediterranean and thus distant from the actual city Atlantis(in the North Atlantic) is pretty easy. That's NOT how Venturia was originally depicted though. Back in the 40s, the idea is that the lost continent is under the sea floor of the Atlantic Ocean, and every Atlantean city/whatever was in the same area. BUT, this take hasn't been used in decades to my understanding. Usually modern versions are fancy cities on the sea floor... and populated by people who can breathe under water. For example... what does DCUO have Atlantis look like? Well... this:
    https://www.deviantart.com/marhawkma.../80601962/dcuo

So far we know her trident is stolen from poseidon in GA. What if Clea worship Amphitrite. She is a sea goddess.Maybe a slight change in trident.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 10-26-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Or Oceanus, the original Titan God of the Sea. There is a lot of underrated Gods and Goddesses out there.

In my ideal world, Queen Clea would be (alongside Circe, Cheetah, and Ares), one of Diana's best known, most used villains. I still have hope that someday, Clea rises and becomes the badass comic book baddie commodity I know she can be.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    In my ideal world, Queen Clea would be (alongside Circe, Cheetah, and Ares), one of Diana's best known, most used villains. I still have hope that someday, Clea rises and becomes the badass comic book baddie commodity I know she can be.
    The odd thing is that they already laid the groundwork for it. Aquaman isn't a king that ALL of his race bow to.... mostly just the ones in Atlantis. So ya'know.... having Clea as queen of Venturia who is not on friendly terms with Aquaman and Atlantis already works. actually pretty sure it's already canon.

The only real thing standing in Queen Cleas way is that writers have seemingly dropped the 'what are the mysterious seven kingdoms of Atlantis' and just made them all publically known without including Venturia in the lot.

Though that said if you kept the bit where they never learned to breath underwater and instead their kingdom is on a subterranean continent which is only accessible from the fake volcano on a pacific island....

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    The only real thing standing in Queen Cleas way is that writers have seemingly dropped the 'what are the mysterious seven kingdoms of Atlantis' and just made them all publically known without including Venturia in the lot.

Though that said if you kept the bit where they never learned to breath underwater and instead their kingdom is on a subterranean continent which is only accessible from the fake volcano on a pacific island....
    Yeah, maybe is not one of the 7? I mean, it's known that there's more than 7 Atlantean cities: https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Atlantis#Kingdoms

Xebel, home of queen Mera, is not one of them! The city of Dagon... also not one.

Kingdom of the Brine, and Kingdom of the Sea Lights... these are the only two of the 7 Kingdoms other than Atlantis that we have names for.

The list of named places is pretty long actually.

Spectacular Member

I would make her Queen Clea of Hyperborea

You could even create an event where she is threatning to go to war with Atlantis,something that could destroy the world,and Diana has to play mediator and them the Banas get involved...
    Last edited by Access; 03-09-2022 at 09:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Given what happens after TotA, it would be a perfect time to reintroduce her.

I think Mel Dyer was the one that pitched the idea that Clea is an ancient space conqueror that has moved from world to world founding empires and watching them fall, and then starting right from the beginning.

Ventura was just another world she founded and came to conquer. I really like that idea. I don't think the connection between Wonder Woman and Atlantis is necessary. But if they wish to highlight that idea, than go all out and create a crossover about the relationship between Atlantis and the amazons. Not a war between the two worlds, but a union to stop Clea. Could be an opportunity to get back the sci fi element of the amazons
    Last edited by Alpha; 03-09-2022 at 02:27 PM.