Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Queen Clea

Default Queen Clea

I've been thinking with how many villains from Diana's past do you guys think we will ever see Clea? I often thought it would be easy if we saw Clear and the Amazons being Allies

Mighty Member

Cleais definitely one of Wonder Woman's non public domain enemies worth visiting, and she's one who you would think could cause massive conflicting problems (i.e. topping a nation) If they feel that she is too close to being related to Aquaman, there are plenty of lost continents (Mu, Lemuria, Kumari Kandam, etc.) that they could say that she is from (or just make Venturia independent from Atlantis).

Yeah, I feel of WW's rogues she's one of the more underutilized ones who has a lot of untapped potential.

If there were ever a WW animated series she'd be a good villain for an episode guest-starring Aquaman.

Of course we will see the character again.

I love Queen Clea and the themes she brings towards the series. I get misandry isn't for everyone, but Clea is the clearest example of "feminazi wanting to destroy the world" that a lot of incel neckbeards fear. She hates men and feel they are subservient to women. Her Venturians are basically the New 52 Amazons. There are so many aspects that can be explored with her and I hope to see her in the comics soon.

I get that she's Atlantean, but it does sort of irk me that everyone thinks she should be an Aquaman villain when her character is so perfectly against Wonder Woman's ideals of equality and love.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Of course we will see the character again.

I love Queen Clea and the themes she brings towards the series. I get misandry isn't for everyone, but Clea is the clearest example of "feminazi wanting to destroy the world" that a lot of incel neckbeards fear. She hates men and feel they are subservient to women. Her Venturians are basically the New 52 Amazons. There are so many aspects that can be explored with her and I hope to see her in the comics soon.

I get that she's Atlantean, but it does sort of irk me that everyone thinks she should be an Aquaman villain when her character is so perfectly against Wonder Woman's ideals of equality and love.

I agree with pretty much all of this. Queen Clea is a force to be reckoned with and doesn't get the development she deserves. With Wonder Woman and Aquaman's worlds merging closer together in the last decade, I've reached out to multiple Wonder Woman and Aquaman writers asking them to consider a Wonder Woman/Aquaman/Mera team-up against Queen Clea but none of them have seemed interested. This seems like a no-brainer than should have been done a long time ago.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I do think one of the best ways the fact Clea is the ruler of the Black Sea. She and the Amazons are protecting a kaiju monster.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-22-2020 at 09:15 AM.

I love Clea and the many themes she represents and how those themes can get played out in the Wonder mythos. I’d make her one of the Kings and Queens of the Seven Seas, as the sovereign of the city-state of Venturia. And, while Aquaman might have dealings with her from time-to-time, she’d remain primarily a Wonder foe.

(Stop giving Wonder villains to other characters!)

I would make her an ally of the Amazons. That the amazons not only what Ares to deal with but what if they also had a water monster? What would be a good monster?

I'd have Clea explore the ideas of royalty and leadership and themes of "loving submission" and equality and equity in comparison to the roles Diana and Hippolyta play in Amazon society and culture.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I'd have Clea explore the ideas of royalty and leadership and themes of "loving submission" and equality and equity in comparison to the roles Diana and Hippolyta play in Amazon society and culture.

I'd like that too. Another thing they could do with Clea is have it that there were a fraction of man-killing, baby-trading Amazons in the current DCU that Hippolyta was unaware of at first. Upon finding out that these Amazons behaved this way, she banished them from the island. These banished Amazons soon settled in Ventura with Clea as their leader. This would also explain why when Clea has been seen in modern times, she looks no older than when she first fought Wonder Woman. She retained her Amazon blessing of immortality.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I would have Clea be the Queen of Black Sea. And the capital is Venturia. To not make her more of an Aquaman villain. We kind of have to make it known she and the Amazons have a history with each other. Also, she does have Poseidon's trident. Which in many cases is very powerful. The most volcanic erupts happen under the sea. She could make typhoons happen. She did steal it. What if the Amazons have it?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 05-10-2020 at 05:26 PM.

Cheetah, Warmaster and Grail seem to do little more than challenge Diana's athleticism. Diana is the daughter of a liberated nation of Amazons, for whom love and freedom are literally a religion, ..and her archenemy should reflect that. Diana needs a tyrant in her rogues gallery, who threatens the freedom of all living things.

I think Queen Clea could be Diana's Ming the Merciless, and a resurrected Aurania could be her Mongo. Diana, whom I've always argued is more Flash Gordon's narrative cousin, than Superman's, needs a Ming, and she's never had one around, long enough to matter. Since Clea is an immortal, I would see her acquire a wild, over-sexed, adult son - a male Ardala - who wears gaudy, suggestive costumes that make him Steve's thematic opposite ..and a rival for Diana's affections.

With respect to her background, I would like to see Clea's weapon re-branded as a Tethys Trident, and given different powers that distinguish it from Aquaman's signature weapon. I would also like to see Clea made more of a Vandal Savage sort. Perhaps, she's been the ruler of many empires, throughout time and space. Earth will certainly not be her last, ..and with so many queens in the Wonderverse, can we please, please, plee-eease call her 'Empress Clea'?

Atomia could also be Diana's Ming, though I think it takes the WW comic too far into sci-fi for my tastes.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-10-2020 at 05:53 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I mean she still can have be leader of one of the seven seas and the black sea.

I piled a lot on that plate.

Aurania might be a cross between Mongolia and Latveria. It could have an embassy, spies, etc, but, I also want it to be weird and like nothing on Earth. I imagine it being somewhere off the coast of Arabia or Iran, or somewhere in the Indian Ocean, ..and I want it out in the open, like Australia or Japan.

I still think Diana needs a Ming, and Queen Clea could be uniquely positioned to be that villain.

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-11-2020 at 09:24 PM. Reason: queen clea youtube
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I wish Clea was used more in WW lore. She has the potential to be a great villain. She is vicious and vile. And can be a powerhouse when writen correctly. She has all the traits to be a Diana's antithesis.