Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    They haven't addressed that yet. Giant #3 was supposed to be out by now I think, so it's likely they have 2 or 3 more issues they could drop weekly to keep it moving. They also have 4 issues from the initial Walmart 100 page Giants that haven't been released digitally yet that could fill in. Jimmy Palmoitti & Tom Derrick had two issues before King started, and Steve Orlando had a couple of fill ins for King as well.
    I usually pick them up when they do come out but due to the pandemic/shutdown, I haven't had the opportunity to even see if they are out yet. Not sure I want to risk my life over it either.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I usually pick them up when they do come out but due to the pandemic/shutdown, I haven't had the opportunity to even see if they are out yet. Not sure I want to risk my life over it either.
    There's actually a few up on eBay for 3x cover price, so apparently it did come out at some point and there are people still looking to flip them. I'm with you though, not making an out of the way trip for one of those in this situation. I'm surprised that they even shipped them given everything.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Finally bought and read the isuse, enjoyed it a lot more than I expcted too. This was both really fun and also had some really inspiring moments. I always like when Superman gets his big moments to inspire. Everyone felt in character and I couldn't imagine a better opening issue to a superman story. Definitely reminds me, somehows you don't have to fix a formula that isn't breaking when it comes to telling a comic story.

This was so refreshing on so many levels. Just a basic Superman vs Supervillain tale, but I haven't had a pure Superman story like this to enjoy since the Wal-Mart books stopped.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-22-2020 at 05:50 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This was so refreshing on so many levels. Just a basic Superman vs Supervillain tale, but I haven't had a pure Superman story like this to enjoy since the Wal-Mart books stopped.
    It's amazing how simple they are. Yet they work so much better than the main books.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It's amazing how simple they are. Yet they work so much better than the main books.
    Still need to read it, but I think part of what helps these work is it forces the writers to not waste pages with decompression. You’ve got to be able to hit the ground running and stick to the plot. That really helped Bendis and King who tend to meander around thanks to decompression.

Got around to reading it, a very enjoyable if straightforward meat and potatoes Superman story that showcases him being able to get people to help each other and using his brain to stop the bad guy.