Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    80s? Hell, try growing up with Duck and Cover in school and missiles in Cuba!
    Yeah, I never worried about a nuclear war during the '70s and '80s, but I have to guess I would have felt differently during my parents's school years.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    When my parents first told me about that, I was only 10 years old, but even then I understood how absurd it would be to think a wooden desk could protect you from a nuclear missile.
    It is stupid to think a wooden desk could protect you, except for maybe at the outermost edge of the blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Y2K and 2012 were each supposed to be the end of us.
    The last one was just beyond idiotic.I still can't watch that movie with John Cusack to this day.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yeah, I never worried about a nuclear war during the '70s and '80s, but I have to guess I would have felt differently during my parents's school years.
    When I was a little boy (in Vancouver, Canada), we still had air raid sirens that would go off, just to keep us alert. During the Cuban missile crisis, I remember standing outside with my sister looking up at the sky, watching for the missiles.

I never lost that fear of nuclear destruction--although once the wall came down, I started to breathe a little easier. I think it's weird that the 1990s were distinguished by much more nihilism and dystopian fiction--I thought people should be a lot more optimistic, given we had come so close to blowing up the whole planet and somehow swerved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    When I was a little boy (in Vancouver, Canada), we still had air raid sirens that would go off, just to keep us alert. During the Cuban missile crisis, I remember standing outside with my sister looking up at the sky, watching for the missiles.

I never lost that fear of nuclear destruction--although once the wall came down, I started to breathe a little easier. I think it's weird that the 1990s were distinguished by much more nihilism and dystopian fiction--I thought people should be a lot more optimistic, given we had come so close to blowing up the whole planet and somehow swerved it.
    That sadly is the problems with humans. In the 60's Humans came closer to causing their own extinction then any other time in history. but we didnt learn from it and try and make things better. We just keep doing the same things over and over again.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.