• Slipstream

3 4.35%
  • Vanisher

8 11.59%
  • Wraith, John

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Favorite Mutant Teleporter (Other than Nightcrawler or Magik)

While on the Blink thread I mention that the X-line is under-utilizing the multiple mutant teleporters out there, and that each away-team should have one on it. And it got me thinking: Who is my favorite teleporter outside the major two (Kurt and Illyana)? possible Cable (if he still can use his bodyslide tech.

Overall, Kurt would be my favorite, but in the grand scheme of things, he's one of the weaker teleporters that the Krakoa nation could use for mass transit. Here are the one's I could find:

Ariel: She may be a mutant, but I'm not sure if she would be considered a Krakoain(?) citizen because she's not a Terran mutant. I think that's why Doug is keep Warlock a secret. So she's out.

Blink: She maybe my favorite outside the major two listed above. But my enjoyment of her is clouded, because I'm a fan of the Exile version and not the stupidly underused 616 version. I think she is possible the most versatile teleporter out there. How many can teleport without going with her target? Plus she has a dynamic look and power display.

Cable: Teleportation may not be one of his mutant powers, but his body-slide tech is rather useful. I just don't know if he still has it or not.

Cheney, Lila: Possibility the most powerful teleporter, but with the major limitation of short distance travel. Plus I doubt she would retire from touring to be a team, But I could see her having a place on Krakoa during her off-time.

Gateway: He has been used by Percy's X-Force and it just emphasize how important teleporters are. He really doesn't have a personality, but I like him, especially when he's being shady, teleporter people where they "need" to go, instead of where they "want" to go.

Locus: Now here is someone who should be used on somebody's team. She's either a global or interstellar teleporter without a set limit on how many people she can take with her. Her only problem is her conflicting appearances, but I'm going with her cute black girl and not the is-she or isn't-she Magik reborn, inter-galactic white girl from her first appearance.

Manifold: He's another interstellar teleporter. Once Coates is done with BP I don't know if the next writer will still use him. Since he's an Avenger character, he's hasn't been seen as caring about mutant issues, so I doubt he would go to live on Krakoa. But maybe Storm could convince him to come.

Magik: She's popular and being used. Not as well as she should -- but being used. Plus she's one of the Captains so that's cool.

Nightcrawer: I love kurt, but he's possible the weakest out of all the teleporters? Limited range and limited passenger capacity. But he is the best at using his teleportation in combat.

Pixie: Like Cable, her power to teleport is not her mutant power, but she's still a powerful teleporter who was used as a bus service for a while. And since it magic, all these damn mutant dampeners that are popping up wouldn't stop her from getting a team out of dodge if needed be. Plus she's cute was a pleasant personality.

Shatterstar: I like him a lot, and his teleportation power is deferent enough from the others that it would be interesting to see if he could use it with a team he doesn't have a personal connection with.

Silhouette: I love, love, love her and I was so happy to see her show up in Ironheart's last series with a new, killer look. She's also limited with her teleportation powers, but her visuals are so slick that I don't care. The X-line should have snatched her up as soon as the New Warriors were cancelled.

Slipstream: Meh. The X-Men could definitely use him though. Plus I just know he loves it on Krokoa -- the surfing must be great.

Vanisher: I think the reluctant team member trope can be interesting. I liked him on Wolverine's X-Force back in the day.

Wraith, John: I didn't read Wolverine back in the 80's and 90's so I'm only vaguely familiar with him, but the X-Men can always use another black man on their teams. I'm tired of only seeing Bishop and Sunspot holding it down for the brothers.

So, who's your favorite? Which team would you put them on? Who would they play off of? How would you utilize their powers differently?
    Last edited by Alphaxman; 04-21-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Oy too many.

Of the list, I like...

Gateway
    Silhouette
    Manifold

The others need work. Should we discuss those here or we just making tallies?

your list is missing Spiral

Definitely Blink!

And Gateway!
    Last edited by nx01a; 04-21-2020 at 08:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Oy too many.

Of the list, I like...

Gateway
    Silhouette
    Manifold

The others need work. Should we discuss those here or we just making tallies?

your list is missing Spiral
    I don't think she's a mutant and her connection to Mojo is just too great. So I doubt the X-Men would risk her being on the island, even though she was on Storm's X-Force.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I gave my vote to Blink, Gateway, Lila, Shatterstar, and Slipstream. I hope we get to see more of them eventually in this united era.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I don't think she's a mutant and her connection to Mojo is just too great. So I doubt the X-Men would risk her being on the island, even though she was on Storm's X-Force.
    okay that's fair.

I don't fully understand the "emotional anchor" aspect of Shatterstar's teleportation, but I do like that it has a cooldown and physical drawbacks.

It'd be cool if John Wraith and Vanisher were the same person, so you could see a powerful black man making his own way as it criss-crosses the X-Men's history.

Locus could be John Wraith's daughter?

Slipstream is a douchebag and should seek to get his x-gene removed.

I wish Pixie was a natural short-range teleporter with additional physical mutations, like Nightcrawler... and NOT magical.

Lila is fine as another criss-crosser, but I'd add a big cooldown to her big jumps.

Extraordinary Member

Remember when Betsy had Crimson Dawn powers and could teleport.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The only one I don't like is Slipstream because he's very fetch. I don't know who Manifold, Silhouette, or John Wraith are because I've never read the books they appear in. The rest I like pretty evenly, but if I had to choose one character that I would like to see get some focus soon it would probably be Shatterstar. With X of swords coming up he would make sense and I really want some closure on what is going on with him and Rictor.

Ultimate Member

I voted for a bunch I want to see more of, 'cause I'm unable to commit / a filthy two-timing cheater.

Blink - number one with a bullet. I like her almost as much as Nightcrawler, who is one of my absolute favorite mutants of all time! I like how she's sort of weaponized her power and can throw 'daggers' of energy that teleport people they hit away.

Shatterstar - I don't actually care that he's a teleporter (named Ben, this week). Remember when he (and Cable) didn't have a mutant power at all, because Liefield didn't realize his X-Force 'mutants' needed one? Then he suddenly got a super-powerful energy blast he used like, *three times* before it got forgotten and went away? Good times. But I love who the character has become post-Liefield, and want to see more.

Lila Cheney - I don't want to see her on a team, but I *do* want to see her an active part of the Krakoan cultural outreach, with her music being yet another angle by which mutant culture is spreading across the globe (and perhaps further, because you know Lila has fans in the Shiar Empire (at least one, Sam Guthrie!), which Beyonce sure can't claim!).

Silhouette - a unique power, and a fun diverse character. Agreed that the X-offices should have snatched her up after the New Warriors were done with her.

Vanisher - I still fondly remember him as 'Fagin' wannabe in the Fallen Angels mini, and kinda want him back, with that same questionable morality, but being basically too lazy and lacking in brilliant schemes to be an actual super-villain, and falling into good-guy stuff because that's where the crowd seems to be going.

Slipstream - I don't care what anyone says, a dude who uses a surfboard to get around is awesome. (And yes, I know the Silver Surfer did it first, and better!) It's just a fun visual, and could be developed in interesting ways to make it more useful outside of just serving as a 'team bus.' (Something that the best teleporters, Nighty, Magik and Blink, already have down!)

Add to the list;

Lourdes Chantal - Jaunt, formerly of the Hellfire Club.

Zero - robot working for Stryfe, personal 'team bus' for the Mutant Liberation Front.

Amelia Vought - another of Chuck's exes.

U-Go Girl - from X-Statix

Cloak - is he a mutant this week? I don't even know...

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I voted for a bunch I want to see more of, 'cause I'm unable to commit / a filthy two-timing cheater.

Blink - number one with a bullet. I like her almost as much as Nightcrawler, who is one of my absolute favorite mutants of all time! I like how she's sort of weaponized her power and can throw 'daggers' of energy that teleport people they hit away.

Shatterstar - I don't actually care that he's a teleporter (named Ben, this week). Remember when he (and Cable) didn't have a mutant power at all, because Liefield didn't realize his X-Force 'mutants' needed one? Then he suddenly got a super-powerful energy blast he used like, *three times* before it got forgotten and went away? Good times. But I love who the character has become post-Liefield, and want to see more.

Lila Cheney - I don't want to see her on a team, but I *do* want to see her an active part of the Krakoan cultural outreach, with her music being yet another angle by which mutant culture is spreading across the globe (and perhaps further, because you know Lila has fans in the Shiar Empire (at least one, Sam Guthrie!), which Beyonce sure can't claim!).

Silhouette - a unique power, and a fun diverse character. Agreed that the X-offices should have snatched her up after the New Warriors were done with her.

Vanisher - I still fondly remember him as 'Fagin' wannabe in the Fallen Angels mini, and kinda want him back, with that same questionable morality, but being basically too lazy and lacking in brilliant schemes to be an actual super-villain, and falling into good-guy stuff because that's where the crowd seems to be going.

Slipstream - I don't care what anyone says, a dude who uses a surfboard to get around is awesome. (And yes, I know the Silver Surfer did it first, and better!) It's just a fun visual, and could be developed in interesting ways to make it more useful outside of just serving as a 'team bus.' (Something that the best teleporters, Nighty, Magik and Blink, already have down!)

Add to the list;

Lourdes Chantal - Jaunt, formerly of the Hellfire Club.

Zero - robot working for Stryfe, personal 'team bus' for the Mutant Liberation Front.

U-Go Girl - from X-Statix

Cloak - is he a mutant this week? I don't even know...
    I TOTALLY forgot about Ms. Vought!!! She defiantly should be in somebody's book. I could see her as Xavier's shadow, ready to teleport him out of danger when need be. She could even be his lover again. I know that sounds bad, because I don't want her identity to be surrounded by a male gaze, but she has so much potential, especially being one of the older mutants who's not stuck in their 20s-30s. Too bad she was created in the 90's -- the decade with zero characterization of their X-villains who wasn't named Mangus, Erik or Max.

I had U-Go Girl on my list but I forgot to add her to the poll.

I don't know Jaunt.

And Cloak is welcomed but as of right now, he's not a mutant (even though I think he should be).

Oh! Well if we're including beards...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Oh! Well if we're including beards...

Moira should gather up Amelia and Astra, and I guess Rogue for an extremely weird girls’ night hidden in Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Moira should gather up Amelia and Astra, and I guess Rogue for an extremely weird girls’ night hidden in Krakoa.
    Seriously. I think it's CONVENIENT that Charlie and Erik's past gfs are teleporters. *eyeroll*

I love Pixie as a teleporter, but I do wish they were more consistent with how it works. Sometimes it opens a portal like a stepping disk, sometimes she just releases a pink energy that envelops the people around her and pulls them with her

I voted Lila Cheney.

Oh, you trying to start a fight. Calling the Beehive right now. lol
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-21-2020 at 01:17 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.