3 4.35%
  • Vanisher

8 11.59%
  • Wraith, John

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Damn, I hate that I forgot Amelia Voght! She's probably my favorite out of this bunch tbh. Deserves way more attention.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

I love Pixie as a teleporter, but I do wish they were more consistent with how it works. Sometimes it opens a portal like a stepping disk, sometimes she just releases a pink energy that envelops the people around her and pulls them with her
    It shouldn't look like a stepping disc because that is Illyana's mutant signature, not a magical spell. It should be the latter, the pink energy.

I wanted to vote for Blink, but since the OP made it Blink 616 I cannot in good faith as she does not have the same skill set that AoA Clarice does. Has she done some impressive things, sure. But she's nothing like her counterpart who took on Genesis alone and nearly killed him.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I liked 616 Blink... So I chose her and second would be Amelia Vought if she was on the list. Lila is ok and she was pretty popular when I started reading comics in the 1980s.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Damn, I hate that I forgot Amelia Voght! She's probably my favorite out of this bunch tbh. Deserves way more attention.

I def liked her version of teleportation.

Mighty Member

It just hit me I had forgotten about Hub. The mutant teleporter from genosha that was depowered. I def hope she and Shola are repowered sooner than later.Hub 2.jpg

Adult Cable's bodyslide is an all-time classic.

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-21-2020 at 04:32 PM.

Ultimate Member

Ooh, I forgot Pipeline, mutant member of the Genoshan 'Press Gang' who had the power to digitize his team and transmit them through datalines to appear anywhere those signals reached. (But everyone appeared naked, his power didn't transmit clothes, just people!)

Ariel, Blink and Vanisher. Vanisher is highly underrated as I grew to enjoy him in X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    It shouldn't look like a stepping disc because that is Illyana's mutant signature, not a magical spell. It should be the latter, the pink energy.
    It's probably just artistic license, it's easier to show her entering a scene through a disk than wasting a panel on a bright pink light

I just wish they'd change up the spell, little variances on the wording when she uses the different versions

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Adult Cable's bodyslide is an all-time classic.

My favorite part was when he was talking about repairing his teleportation system and Wolverine and Bishop offered to help...lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    My favorite part was when he was talking about repairing his teleportation system and Wolverine and Bishop offered to help...lol
    Oh?! Are you talking about this...

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-21-2020 at 09:05 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Came to this thread with Vanisher on my mind, saw Lila Cheney and had a second thought but still went with the Vanisher

He's just got pizzazz and I like what the modern XForce run did with him (besides killing him off stupidly of course)
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I voted for a bunch I want to see more of, 'cause I'm unable to commit / a filthy two-timing cheater.

Blink - number one with a bullet. I like her almost as much as Nightcrawler, who is one of my absolute favorite mutants of all time! I like how she's sort of weaponized her power and can throw 'daggers' of energy that teleport people they hit away.

Shatterstar - I don't actually care that he's a teleporter (named Ben, this week). Remember when he (and Cable) didn't have a mutant power at all, because Liefield didn't realize his X-Force 'mutants' needed one? Then he suddenly got a super-powerful energy blast he used like, *three times* before it got forgotten and went away? Good times. But I love who the character has become post-Liefield, and want to see more.

Lila Cheney - I don't want to see her on a team, but I *do* want to see her an active part of the Krakoan cultural outreach, with her music being yet another angle by which mutant culture is spreading across the globe (and perhaps further, because you know Lila has fans in the Shiar Empire (at least one, Sam Guthrie!), which Beyonce sure can't claim!).

Silhouette - a unique power, and a fun diverse character. Agreed that the X-offices should have snatched her up after the New Warriors were done with her.

Vanisher - I still fondly remember him as 'Fagin' wannabe in the Fallen Angels mini, and kinda want him back, with that same questionable morality, but being basically too lazy and lacking in brilliant schemes to be an actual super-villain, and falling into good-guy stuff because that's where the crowd seems to be going.

Slipstream - I don't care what anyone says, a dude who uses a surfboard to get around is awesome. (And yes, I know the Silver Surfer did it first, and better!) It's just a fun visual, and could be developed in interesting ways to make it more useful outside of just serving as a 'team bus.' (Something that the best teleporters, Nighty, Magik and Blink, already have down!)

Add to the list;

Lourdes Chantal - Jaunt, formerly of the Hellfire Club.

Zero - robot working for Stryfe, personal 'team bus' for the Mutant Liberation Front.

Amelia Vought - another of Chuck's exes.

U-Go Girl - from X-Statix

Cloak - is he a mutant this week? I don't even know...

That reminds me of the other girl Venus Dee Milo who replaced her as the new teleporter.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Damn. I can't choose between Lila and Gateway.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Damn. I can't choose between Lila and Gateway.
    My quibble with Gateway is that Marvel already had a bullroarer using aboriginal teleporter who accessed the dreamtime called Talisman, introduced in the first Contest of Champions, along with a bunch of other international heroes who may or may not have ever been seen again. (Like Sabra, Shamrock, Arabian Knight, Defensor, Blitzkrieg, etc. Marvel's own Global Guardians, and getting exactly as much respect, it seems...)

So when they introduced him, I was all, 'Oi, why is Talisman all skinny and old all of a sudden? Wait, this is supposed to be *another* bull-roarer-spinning aborigine teleporter? Good grief, talk about racial stereotypes...'