Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What other wizards/magical beings would be able to destroy Horcruxes?

Strictly magic. No sci-fi or cosmic stuff.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Do the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception from the Nasuverse count as magic or cosmic?

I'm kinda leaning towards the latter, considering how a True Ancestor vampire that is the perfect vessel for the Archetype entity of the Moon, who can herself become the Archetype entity of the Earth, considers a human that posseses the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception to be something like an Eldritch abomination one she found out about it (didn't stop her from falling in love with him, though; to be fair, rebuilding herself after he had instinctively stalked and murdered her in a way that screwed with her time-rewinding based regeneration the first time he saw her did explicitly drive her insane).

I guess the same question can be leveled towards Imagine Breaker from A Certain Index, considering that it explicitly isn't a science-based esper power, but acts like a seal on an invisible entity comparable to/superior to God (I am a few years behind on the Light Novels). That being said, there's probably a lot of magic in Index (both the series and Index the character) that makes Fiendfyre look like a wet match, like that St. George's Dragon spell from the intro arc, or Saints in general, or that one girl that summoned Vishnu for a moment.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 04-21-2020 at 10:05 PM.

Anyone significantly more powerful than Harry Potter wizards? The Horcruxes are stated to be difficult to destroy because of the plethora of protective spells Voldemort cast on them, not because of some transcendent effect.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Archetype entity of the Moon, who can herself become the Archetype entity of the Earth
    Type =/= Archetype.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Anyone significantly more powerful than Harry Potter wizards? The Horcruxes are stated to be difficult to destroy because of the plethora of protective spells Voldemort cast on them, not because of some transcendent effect.

Siriel, I'm not sure that's true. I think that the Horcruxes being difficult to destroy was an intrinsic property of Horcruxes, and had nothing to do with special magic involved, at least I don't recall it ever being mentioned that they were specifically protected by Voldy.

However, Horcruxes CAN be destroyed by certain spells cast by fairly incompetent wizards: notably Fiendfyre cast by Crabbe or Goyle. So any wizard with destruction abilities significantly above Fiendfyre ought to be able to do it.

Any of your mid to high end Marvel or DC wizards shouldn't have an issue. Any wizard with the ability to teleport things ought to be able to drop it into the core of the earth or a volcano or a sun or something. Any remotely good channeler from Wheel of Time ought to be able to burn it, cut it, dissolve it, balefire it. Many "high mage" tier spellcasters from Malazan could do it, and I wonder the interraction between Otataral and a Horcrux. It likely wouldn't be pretty.

Basically, anyone who can destroy stuff on a higher scale than high-end HP wizards should do.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

damn near any high level warcaster/warlock from warmahordes.

off the top of my head: the harbinger, the old witch, baldur.

Astonishing Member

One Disintegrate spell from a level 20 D&D wizard ought to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post

Type =/= Archetype.
    It's been almost a decade since I last really thought about Types and Archetypes as they pertain to the Nasuverse, but I hought that Type-Moon was both, considering that it is the Ultimate Being of the Moon, and a body that is capable of containing its power is also capable of becoming the Archetype of the Earth.

Also, relevant to this thread, Arcueid probably could destroy a Horcrux herself as she's way more impressive than the things that did, but she was also stymied by the protective enchantments put on Shiki's glasses. That being said, she was at heavily reduced stats and didn't really seem to be putting in any sous effort, and the enchantment in question was put on it by friggin' Aoko Aozaki, a mage that Arcueid is at least seriously cautious about, and the glasses' base enchantment let's them block the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, so it's probably intrinsically a much more high caliber magical artifact than the horcruxes.

Oh, I'm betting that SHIKI's/Roa's Mystic Eyes of Life Perception would probably work just fine as well, even though it's on a lower tier than the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception. Roa's and Ciel’s magical ability should probably let them destroy it with magecraft, and failing that, I am interested in how Ciel's Seventh Scripture would work on a Horcrux, considering that it is designed to bypass Roa's own attempt at immortality by using biblical verses and a sacrificed unicorn to create a weapon that denies reincarnation. Though I guess that any shard of Voldemort's soul that gets anywhere near Ciel might just die of jealousy over how powerful her own immortality is, with 0 downsides from his perspective.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 04-23-2020 at 10:06 PM.

Dr. Strange could do it before he had his first cup of coffee in the morning.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Most of the Planeswalkers would have a good shot at it.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

The Kekkaishi from the series of the same name might have a decent crack at it.

Astonishing Member

I will opine that Elric of Melnibone whacking at them with Stormbringer might do the trick.

Would they survive a Giga Slave from Lina?

John Constantine could do it... or arrange to have it done.

The number of his friends that will die in this attempt is up for debate though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I will opine that Elric of Melnibone whacking at them with Stormbringer might do the trick.

Would they survive a Giga Slave from Lina?
    The Giga Slave is around several infinities worrth of overkill on the entire Harry Potter universe. Not Harry Potter Earth; literally every part of its physical universe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Oh, I'm betting that SHIKI's/Roa's Mystic Eyes of Life Perception would probably work just fine as well, even though it's on a lower tier than the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception. Roa's and Ciel’s magical ability should probably let them destroy it with magecraft, and failing that, I am interested in how Ciel's Seventh Scripture would work on a Horcrux, considering that it is designed to bypass Roa's own attempt at immortality by using biblical verses and a sacrificed unicorn to create a weapon that denies reincarnation. Though I guess that any shard of Voldemort's soul that gets anywhere near Ciel might just die of jealousy over how powerful her own immortality is, with 0 downsides from his perspective.
    Yeah, I would say the Seventh Scripture would take out Horcruxes; IIRC it is specifically a soul-destroying Conceptual weapon. I recall a dead end from Ciel’s route where Shiki gets killed and feels Roa’s soul evaporate as a result of its use.

Now I kind of want a Ciel vs Death Eater siege of Hogwarts thread; it’d be like the magic equivalent of Cass Cain at Helm’s Deep.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

90's Version Sabrina the Teenage Witch, or Jeannie from I Dream of Jeannie.