View Poll Results: On a scale of 1 to 5, how much did you enjoy Wonder Woman 1984

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - As much or more that the previous movie

5 12.82%
  • 4 - Not as good as the first but still enjoyed it a lot

13 33.33%
  • 3 - Average movie, nothing special

9 23.08%
  • 2 - A below average movie with some enjoyable points

10 25.64%
  • 1 - A bad movie, didn't enjoy it.

2 5.13%

Default How would you rate WW84?

Just wanted to see what everyone's personal rating for the movie would be.

3/5. Some parts are better than the first movie but also some parts worse and other questionable creative decisions.

I'd rate the first 4/5 for reference.

Astonishing Member

I rounded down due to my disappointment.

2. There were some parts I liked, but nothing that stood out. And the plot points of the film plus the added fact of ruining Cheetah in her first blockbuster and making her play muscle to Maxwell (eww) didn't help.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Retired

Well, today I rewatched THE NEW ORIGINAL WONDER WOMAN (1975) T.V. movie, then I rewatched WONDER WOMAN (2017) and then I rewatched WONDER WOMAN 1984 (2020).

For the longest time, I considered the T.V. movie to be the perfect adaptation of a comic book. Yes, as a T.V. movie and as a comedy, it's not going to be on the same level as modern comic book movies. But in terms of fidelity to the source material it was an excellent example. I'd give that movie a 9.5 out of 10. Cloris Leachman as Hippolyta is such a hoot--and I think Jenkins has used some touches from that movie in her movies.

WONDER WOMAN (2017) is a perfect 10.

I would give 9 points to WONDER WOMAN 1984, but deduct half a point for the underwhelming score, so it gets an 8.5 out of 10. On second viewing a lot of the things that hit me right the first time--like the Christopher Reeve tributes--worked even better the second time. And I think the whole invisible jet scene at the middle of the movie--even though it seems to be lowkey--really is one of the best sequences in the whole movie, because it's pregnant with emotion. And then I was a lot more involved with Maxwell Lord this time and felt so sad for the guy.

I'm not surprised that Jenkins couldn't top her first W.W. movie--given it's the most perfect movie, that would be impossible.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Wonder Woman (2017) was a 5/5 for me. Still my favorite superhero film of all time and one of my top five films of all time.
    Wonder Woman 1984 is a 2.5/5 for me. Some very questionable directorial and writing choices tarnish an otherwise enjoyable film.

Arrow

2.5 out of 5 or meh, average.

Wonder Woman (2017) I gave a 4 out of 5 or excellent (5 out of 5 is "perfection" in my rating system reversed for movies such as "It's A Wonderful Life", "Return of the Jedi", "Citizen Kane", and "Lord of the Rings" Trilogy).
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-29-2020 at 09:38 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

3 or 2

Because reading threads in this forum I get why this movie was made the way it was made.

Extraordinary Member

I gave it a 4.

Current average at 19 votes is 3.6
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Astonishing Member

But without Pedro Pascal it would have been 1.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

It wasn't perfect by any means but I enjoyed it overall. 4/5
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    3 or 2

Because reading threads in this forum I get why this movie was made the way it was made.
    How so? I'm interested on hearing your reasoning behind that. Do you feel like WW fans are too picky?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

2. I’m actually crushed by how disappointed I am in this movie.