Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    The newest issue is further evidence that Palmiotti and Connor don't care a lick about Wondy's established rogues gallery.
    Yeah, skipped this one based on the preview for it.

It's pretty much become a pattern at this point the non-Connor/Palmiotti issues make better use WW's cast of characters better than theirs do.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Some random woman named Julian Red.
    Thank you.

I'm honestly not sure what is worse. Using Batman villains for Wonder Woman titles or creating random one-time rogues. Both are insulting, but one perturbs me more. I'm just not sure which one that is.

Would it really have been so hard for them to use the Paula Von Gunther, or some other rogue?

I'll skip this issue, and I'll check back in when actual Wonder Woman villains appear.

It's borderline insulting. This title could've been a celebration of classic WW villains and supporting characters, but instead 90% of it is about Bat-villains and some random nobodies. Disgraceful!

I have absolutely nothing against new villains in over-and-done stories, if the stories are good.

Trouble is, #11 didn't have a good story, depending too much on a sudden reveal and info-dump to the reader in order to work. The art didn't manage to sell the action or the characterisation either, and it lacked the humour and levity that is the usual virtue of any story by Conner and Palmiotti.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Thank you.

I'm honestly not sure what is worse. Using Batman villains for Wonder Woman titles or creating random one-time rogues. Both are insulting, but one perturbs me more. I'm just not sure which one that is.

Would it really have been so hard for them to use the Paula Von Gunther, or some other rogue?

I'll skip this issue, and I'll check back in when actual Wonder Woman villains appear.
    Batman villains. A new villain could potentially stick around even though it’s rare in WW’s case but using Bat rogues is just an extension of Bat-God syndrome.

Wasn't there already a vampire-esque character that Diana faced off before? It was a Superman team up too? The villain was an ancient Greek woman that Zeus tried to seduce and she refused him, so he cursed her. Could have used her and just added the red ruby element to boost her power or something.

It wasn't a terrible story TBH, just not super exciting.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Khyrana, that's who I'm thinking of.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Khyrana_(New_Earth)

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I think it was good. But one thing i don't get about issue 11. At one moment Diana said that the black panthers are more powerful than her and the vampire? Because that's how it sounded to me when she was explaining why the powers that the vampire stole were going back to Diana. Did i misssomething or what? Because i'm pretty sure that WW's power is easily far above that of black panthers.

Spectacular Member

if we are talking about Wonder Woman, Im bravely say that she is so damn nice. WOW

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    I think it was good. But one thing i don't get about issue 11. At one moment Diana said that the black panthers are more powerful than her and the vampire? Because that's how it sounded to me when she was explaining why the powers that the vampire stole were going back to Diana. Did i misssomething or what? Because i'm pretty sure that WW's power is easily far above that of black panthers.
    I think it means that Diana, doesn't have control over the panthers. The panthers have their own free will and that her power allows her to simply communicate with them.

Enjoyed this most recent issue, decent story of Diana working to end a conflict and uncovering a larger conspiracy behind it.

I want to like Still Waters more than I actually do. I like the focus on Diana as a person who creates peace by uncovering truth. I like that the lasso gets to play a prominent role.

But the sword still gets to play a far too prominent role. Lethe is given no real motivation to ally with the other villain, and she is both able and unable to influence Diana. The art feels stiff, and the plot is OK but the pacing and transitions are off.

There are good ideas here, but I'd wish for a better artist and an editor who could help coach a new writer with turning a good idea into a good story.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Decent issue today focusing around Diana as a kid, Artemis and Etta Candy also had small roles in it. With the Lopresti art and Etta Candy as a government agent, felt like it could have been a lost issue from Simone's run.

Too bad they got Diana's age wrong. The story was about Amelia Earhart, who disappeared in 1937. But since Diana's current continuity is that she debuted as Wonder Woman in World War II, she should be teenage at least, not pre-pubescent.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Too bad they got Diana's age wrong. The story was about Amelia Earhart, who disappeared in 1937. But since Diana's current continuity is that she debuted as Wonder Woman in World War II, she should be teenage at least, not pre-pubescent.
    I think these issues are meant to be in their own separate worlds rather than the main continuity, Etta's white and Artemis is shown living on the island when Diana was a kid.