Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Man issue 17 felt like a huge drop in quality. The interaction between Etta and Di was good at least but everything else was just bad. Diana once again a street leveler, Failing to hold off canon fodder, The "annoying millennial" trope, Its all just bad imo
    And that is why I am sticking to the Animated universe. At least Wondy, with some exceptions, is portrayed as the powerhouse she is. I just want consistency, but I don't think the editors give a damn. Seriously, if you can't write Wonder Woman as powerful right off the bat, then don't write about her at all!

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    And that is why I am sticking to the Animated universe. At least Wondy, with some exceptions, is portrayed as the powerhouse she is. I just want consistency, but I don't think the editors give a damn. Seriously, if you can't write Wonder Woman as powerful right off the bat, then don't write about her at all!
    The writers that portray her that way are no saints either. I'm sure that if they wanted to write a more powerful WW, the editors wouldn't be there saying no you can't do that. These writers are responsable for what the charcter does or doesn't d. It'ss not a hard work making wondie fight opponents of her caliber instead of regular criminals. The writers are the first ones to blame. Because although editors don't seem to care much, i doubt they are the ones telling these writers to portray WW as a street leveler.

Thought this was a better issue than last week, though kind of figured it out who the villain was just going off the premise.

It was okay. Neat premise that was poorly executed. And a crap non-WW villain who I had to google. I think she appeared in Gail Simone's run? That's about the extent of my knowledge of her.

Still leagues ahead of yesterday's Maxwell Lord co-starring Wonder Woman #767.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    It was okay. Neat premise that was poorly executed. And a crap non-WW villain who I had to google. I think she appeared in Gail Simone's run? That's about the extent of my knowledge of her.
    spoilers:
    Roulette? She's made the rounds across the DCU in the comics and media.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Roulette? She's made the rounds across the DCU in the comics and media.
    end of spoilers
    I'm a Wonder Woman loyalist. If she ain't in the WW books, I don't wanna know her.

It looks the next few issues will feature non-WW villains again. And Lex Luthor of all people. It's downright offensive when she already has her own female Luthor.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    It looks the next few issues will feature non-WW villains again. And Lex Luthor of all people. It's downright offensive when she already has her own female Luthor.
    Normally I’d agree, I felt this issue this would have been better for me if it was Cale or Circe but I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t be interested in seeing a Diana-Lex faceoff since I can’t really recall much of those two actually interacting that much in a real way.

And it’s at least a prominent archvillain rather than the table scraps from Batman or JL rogue rosters.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    What I don't understand is that it's not even difficult to learn about Wonder Woman villains. A quick Google search brings you to a Wiki page that even assembles her villains by period (Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age, etc.) and there's a tumblr dedicated to Wonder Woman villains. I'm not sure why people getting paid by DC act as if this information is not available to them.

I mean, I get it, but Lex is kind of an uber-DC Supervillain, so I feel like there's something to be said in having Diana face off and defeat him without needing Superman's help.

This wasn’t a bad issue today, enjoyed that Diana didn’t really put up with Lex all that much.

I'm not impressed with this issue, once again you could have replaced Diana with any street level hero and the story wouldn't have changed. In just one magic word and you too could make Diana mortal, how easily her powers are meaningless, and don't you just love when the "greatest warrior" in DC comics is bested in one page by some no named assassin. Diana, who can keep pace with Superman and fly at faster then light speeds, drove a car to escape an assassin today.... if that doesn't show why this crap is tiresome I don't know what will. Thank god I don't waste money on these books anymore.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Tim Seeley wrote this issue today and I thought it was decent enough. Io, and her one-sided crush on Diana, also makes an appearance.

A Diana and Donna issue today, thought it was pretty decent one. Goes a bit more into their relationship so I think I prefer this over the Cassie one.
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-16-2020 at 06:41 AM.

Io appeared in Seeley's? Hmm, I was thinking of reading #20 too, now I just might have to.

As for today's Issue: I enjoyed Diana's and Donna's interactions a lot, made me tear-up a bit tbh. While the spoilers:
    inferiority complex
    end of spoilers wasn't anything new, it was handled well imo and the art wasn't bad either.