Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    It's nice to see a WW character actually showing up in a WW book but previews for this and the 3rd issue haven't really sold me on continuing with this series. The Lois Lane issue was better than the Harley Quinn dreck but Connor doesn't really write Diana all that well to me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Are Socialite and Lion Mane new characters or really obscure ones?
    Pre-crisis, Lionmane (sans hyphen) fought Huntress during the time that she was a regular back-up feature in the Wonder Woman title. It's one of the better back-up stories, and part of the emotional tie is that Lionmane,who engaged in a nasty betrayal, was a former henchman of Earth-2 Catwoman (Helena's mother).

Pre-crisis, Lion-man (w/ hyphen) was a Hawkman villain in the 60s.

Astonishing Member

Pre-crisis, Lionmane (sans hyphen) fought Huntress during the time that she was a regular back-up feature in the Wonder Woman title. It's one of the better back-up stories, and part of the emotional tie is that Lionmane,who engaged in a nasty betrayal, was a former henchman of Earth-2 Catwoman (Helena's mother).

Pre-crisis, Lion-man (w/ hyphen) was a Hawkman villain in the 60s.
    Thanks man.

Here's a link to the preview for #3.

Etta is spoilers:
    white again.
    end of spoilers

Is Agent of Peace supposed to be in continuity?
    If its anything like the Superman Man of Tomorrow stories I've been reading, then no. General similarities with current status quos, but still stand-alone in its own right. For instance Jon doesn't exist in the MOT stories (thank god). So Etta being white here probably is no indication of anything in regards to main line stuff.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

The actual stories in the Wonder Woman books have been a bit hit or miss for me; the Superman Man of Tomorrow title has been more consistently good. Maybe this is a result of having higher expectations, and/or suspicion brought about by years of mistreatment of the character and her cast.

Still, these stories do oen thing right: they start and finish a tale in one book. That itself is enough to have me kowtowing with praise and thanksgiving. The stories are solidly back to basics in both titles. They may in fact be the best things DC has done this century.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

These get cancelled? Haven't seen a new one since #5. The Wonder Woman series was hit or miss but overall these digital first books have been some of the more accessible and best stuff DC has come out with in a long time.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    These get cancelled? Haven't seen a new one since #5. The Wonder Woman series was hit or miss but overall these digital first books have been some of the more accessible and best stuff DC has come out with in a long time.
    AIUI, these digital books were using the original material from the DC Giant (formerly the Walmart books), and they simply ran out of new Wonder Woman stories from them.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Is white Etta, big and fat here, also? I hope so. Besides being physically imposing, I would love to see current, fat, black Etta acquire some of her qualities and backstory, ..especially, the Texas* cowgirl origin and big, crazy ranch family (Sugar Candy, Hard Candy, Mint Candy, etc). White Etta was so much more fun!

Sometimes, it's like Amanda Waller is white Etta, grown up and magically turned black.

*The earliest Golden Age stories make Etta a Virginia cowgirl, I think.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    AIUI, these digital books were using the original material from the DC Giant (formerly the Walmart books), and they simply ran out of new Wonder Woman stories from them.
    There are some stories from the first Justice League Giant series that I hope get added at some point. The Echidna story was fun.

Yeah, I don't know why those aren't getting used. Superman: Man of Tomorrow already finished too. The 12 issue run King did that started in Superman Giant #3 has been released previously, but not the one offs from Superman Giant #1 and #2.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Preview for issue 6 - Agent of Peace isn't over after all.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/06/12/dc...nt-of-peace-6/

Superman Man of Tomorrow #7 is also out this week.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Preview for issue 6 - Agent of Peace isn't over after all.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/06/12/dc...nt-of-peace-6/

Superman Man of Tomorrow #7 is also out this week.
    Heard about this Gundra story earlier from the Wal-Mart books, might check it out since Parker's writing it.

Second story sounds WW '84 inspired, probably an intentional to tie-in to it before the release date got switched around.

The newest issue features a fabulous story starring Etta Candy!

Can we get this Etta into the main WW book? Pretty please?

Last few issues have definitely been an uptick from the Connor/Palmiotti ones that started it.
    Last edited by Gaius; 06-24-2020 at 09:03 PM.