Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

This week's issue is a Cheetah story by comics vets Louise Simonson and Paul Pelletier. It's strange seeing the post-Crisis design for Cheetah back again, but also kinda nice.

Astonishing Member

Looks like WW doesn't know Cheetah's true identity in this continuity.

From what I can tell, the Agent of Peace series is more or less a collection of one-shot, but DC is horrible at communicating that (see also Harley Quinn Black + White + Red, where they speak about "chapters").

Sad to say, I haven't been impressed by the series. Most stories have been mediocre at best. It felt like Conner and Palmiotti was only firing half of their cylinders, and none of the replacements have managed to even reach that level.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    From what I can tell, the Agent of Peace series is more or less a collection of one-shot, but DC is horrible at communicating that (see also Harley Quinn Black + White + Red, where they speak about "chapters").

Sad to say, I haven't been impressed by the series. Most stories have been mediocre at best. It felt like Conner and Palmiotti was only firing half of their cylinders, and none of the replacements have managed to even reach that level.
    I'm taking it as it's own "universe." After all, Etta has been white and blonde in a few different stories so far in AoP.

I have to strongly disagree though; C&P had by far my least favorite stories, while subsequent ones (Gundra and the Etta one from last week) are far better. This Cheetah one wasn't mind-blowing, but definitely better than that Harley Quinn nonsense earlier on.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Not familiar with Michael McAlister who edited this, but DC needs to put this guy in charge of their whole line. Previously established versions of the characters! Art that actually looks like a DC comic book should!! Stories told entirely in the pages of a single issue!!! By Styx, these books are a breath of fresh air. None of the titles mention 'dead' or 'death' either. If DC wants to get back on track this is exactly what they need.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm taking it as it's own "universe." After all, Etta has been white and blonde in a few different stories so far in AoP.

I have to strongly disagree though; C&P had by far my least favorite stories, while subsequent ones (Gundra and the Etta one from last week) are far better. This Cheetah one wasn't mind-blowing, but definitely better than that Harley Quinn nonsense earlier on.
    Yeah, none of these digital series I think have been anything out of the ordinary but the WW ones I think saw an uptick when the Connor/Palmiotti ones ran out.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

It was nice seeing Pre-52 Diana again

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    It was nice seeing Pre-52 Diana again
    Yeah, I was wondering if we'd ever see that costume again...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even sporting the hair from the Perez post-Crisis era.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Issue #9 was amazing, I've really enjoyed it. Put Palmiotti and Amanda Conner in charge of Wonder Woman's ongoing title and end the insufferable mediocrity in which it's mired

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Issue #9 was amazing, I've really enjoyed it. Put Palmiotti and Amanda Conner in charge of Wonder Woman's ongoing title and end the insufferable mediocrity in which it's mired
    I skimmed it (will read it more in-depth later when I have time), but Diana vs. skeletons? I've not been a fan of P&C's Agent of Peace issues at all, but I might warm to them if they actually used a Wonder Woman villain for once. Them not using any (but Cheetah in the Come Back to Me stuff) makes me think they aren't very familiar with Wonder Woman comics in general.

I skimmed it (will read it more in-depth later when I have time), but Diana vs. skeletons? I've not been a fan of P&C's Agent of Peace issues at all, but I might warm to them if they actually used a Wonder Woman villain for once. Them not using any (but Cheetah in the Come Back to Me stuff) makes me think they aren't very familiar with Wonder Woman comics in general.
    Oh, I think Conner and Palmiotti has a decent grasp of Wonder Woman lore. They often (or at least far more often than other writers) include Diana's ability to communicate with animals, and have included old-school Wonder Woman villains like Egg Fu in prior stories.

Rather, the use of rather generic antagonists—and only a very limited number of Wonder Woman's classic villains—seems to be endemic throughout the Wonder Woman titles, leading me to think the problem is the way editorial selects pitches or possibly assign villains to use.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

The issue where she faced off with Scarecrow I couldn't stop thinking "why isn't this Dr. Poison or Psycho" during it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You want the costume to come back?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    You want the costume to come back?
    Hell yeah!