Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    I likewise like the 70s style costume with the loose airy sleeve.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    So Zan and Jayna are worthy of joining the Super Friends but Supergirl, Flash, Green Lantern, and Hawkman aren't, huh?
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So Zan and Jayna are worthy of joining the Super Friends but Supergirl, Flash, Green Lantern, and Hawkman aren't, huh?
    In the bronze age, the Hall of Justice was set up as a training facility, and that's why Zan & Jayna (and Wendy & Marvin before them) were there. If all those other heroes were going to be regulars in the book, then the book wouldn't have existed, and the trainees would've just been trained at the JLA satellite.

The heroes you mentioned all appeared in various issues of Super Friends, along with Green Arrow, Black Canary, Hawkgirl, Red Tornado, Mera, and others.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    In the bronze age, the Hall of Justice was set up as a training facility, and that's why Zan & Jayna (and Wendy & Marvin before them) were there.

The heroes you mentioned all appeared in various issues of Super Friends, along with Green Arrow, Black Canary, Hawkgirl, Red Tornado, Mera, and others.
    Love to see thee Hall of Justice in the following fun new toyline (see Post #20). Everyone chime in if you like to see Bronze Age characters like Zan, Jayna, Wendy, Marvin, or even Supergirl!

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Vader case / Hall of Doom : p

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Love to have this as a display....

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kubert View Post
    Love to see thee Hall of Justice in the following fun new toyline (see Post #20). Everyone chime in if you like to see Bronze Age characters like Zan, Jayna, Wendy, Marvin, or even Supergirl!

They've never been made in that size (would be cool though), but FTC (Figures Toy Company) did release 8 inch versions of Wendy, Marvin & the Twins.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Artist favorites from this time:

Adventure Comics #418 (April, 1972). Art by Alex Toth:

Warlord #14 (August, 1978). Art by Mike Grell:

Detective Comics #481 (December, 1978). Art by Jim Starlin and P. Craig Russell:

DC Special Series #21 (1980). Art by Frank Miller:

The Legion of Super-Heroes #294 (December, 1982). Art by Keith Giffen:

Camelot 3000 #5 (April, 1983). Art by Brian Bolland.

Atari Force #7 (July, 1984). Art by José Luis García-López:

Batman #373 (July, 1984). Art by Gene Colan:

Swamp Thing Annual #2 (1984). Art by Stephen Bissette:

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I really love this era. I get a good feeling every time I read some of the better stories/runs from this period. It has the old school feel and the most iconic takes on the characters. The Silver Age lore is in place, but so is more mature story telling and more attention paid to continuity (though still family friendly and not as convoluted as canon would later become). It hits the sweet spot of the characters being more seasoned but also not having all the accumulated baggage as they would later.

My favorite stories and arcs from this era would be a lot of the Bronze Age Batman stories (especially Englehart/Rogers), NTT, Moore on Swamp Thing and his Superman stories, Satellite JLA, Jack Kirby's stuff, Levitz on Legion, Phantom Zone, and a lot of Maggin's Superman stories.
    The late ‘70s is a great time for Superman. The storytelling is more sophisticated, and the supporting cast more fleshed out, but there is still room for whimsy like a space cowboy on a flying horse.

The sobering of the Superman stories post-Crisis really did the character no favors in the long term, IMO. A spark was lost that has been rekindled only intermittently since.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Probably the best Titans line up imo.
    I just wish they had included Golden Eagle and Bat-Girl in this group shot. I understand why they didn't (no one was sure if they were still in continuity following Crisis) but it would have been gorgeous to have them included.

I think the Bronze Age is my favorite time period in comics, especially DC.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

The Superman stories from around 1976 - 1981 are some of my favorites. I love the entire decade but that’s the sweet spot for me. The stories had a weight and featured menaces that really challenged Superman. I think Curt Swan did his best work during this period too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    An edited version I made a while back that included Hawkwoman, but also added Vixen to the image.
    I figured that if JLDetroit hadn't happened, Vixen would've most likely been the next Satellite member, considering she was a Conway character and he was wanting to bring her back.

Replace Hal Jordan with John Stewart; Red Tornado with Black Lightning, Elongated Man with The Atom (Ryan Choi), Use Jason Firestorm and toss in Vibe or Blue Beetle (Jaime) and we have a decent JL.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Replace Elongated Man with The Atom (Ryan Choi)
    I think you missed Ray Palmer in there on Batman's shoulder.

Extraordinary Member

If the Satellite League never disbanded, I think they should still have added Vixen, Vibe, Steel and Gypsy.

Don’t go “Cap’s Kooky Quartet” with them. But just have them join the League as younger members, like they did with Firestorm.