Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Which mutant would you fear the most?

Some mutants have the ability to drop Category 5 Hurricanes on major cities or manipulate the minds of the human population or rip holes in the Electro-magnetic field of the planet.

So, if mutants were real and lived on our world, which mutant ability would terrify you the most?

As much as I would love to have his power, I would fear Professor X the most. (this also includes other telepaths like Emma, Jean and Psylocke). I couldn't deal with them with my control issues. LOL
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I totally feel the telepath fear. I love to read about them but would hate hate hate to cross one - they have access to your deepest fears, insecurities, everything private. the can bend you to their will entirely. ick.

I'd say the reality warpers would be another larger subsection of the mutant pop. that'd freak me out, particularly those w/ a history of general unhinged-ness: Legion, Proteus, Wanda...so much unpredictability wrapped up there. Its almost worse that they've all caused insane damage despite meaning well, that's how difficult to control their abilities are. M-Day and the Decimation get brought up so much its easy to get desensitized to just how much strife and pain they caused on a global level as well as an individual level - I shudder to think of how it would feel to have a huge chunk of my identity stripped away like that without a word. or, I guess with three words

Great you just added another fear...lol

It’s reality warpers at the top, followed by telepaths. We’ve known this as a fandom for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Some mutants have the ability to drop Category 5 Hurricanes on major cities or manipulate the minds of the human population or rip holes in the Electro-magnetic field of the planet.
    Reality warpers are number one given their very power tends to cause them to lose their grip on reality at times and with it goes reality itself so they can kill you and everyone else without intending to.

In terms of electromagnetism manipulators there is really no Ultimate Magneto equivalent who will just up and decide to wipe out humanity (and most mutants) on a lark. Frankly for all their capability of massive global destruction they tend to be pretty focused in what they do compared to reality warpers.

That puts telepaths ahead of them as a danger as there are a great number of telepaths and few EM manipulators.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-22-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I totally feel the telepath fear. I love to read about them but would hate hate hate to cross one - they have access to your deepest fears, insecurities, everything private. the can bend you to their will entirely. ick.

I'd say the reality warpers would be another larger subsection of the mutant pop. that'd freak me out, particularly those w/ a history of general unhinged-ness: Legion, Proteus, Wanda...so much unpredictability wrapped up there. Its almost worse that they've all caused insane damage despite meaning well, that's how difficult to control their abilities are. M-Day and the Decimation get brought up so much its easy to get desensitized to just how much strife and pain they caused on a global level as well as an individual level - I shudder to think of how it would feel to have a huge chunk of my identity stripped away like that without a word. or, I guess with three words
    All great points. The reality warpers would probably scare me the most.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

I don't think there is a good answer for this.

I'd fear all of them. Reality Warpers, Telepaths, Elemental Manipulators. I mean **** just piss either one of them off and your done for everyone either perishes or you suffer personally.

Obviously, the most dangerous is the Reality Warpers, but I wouldn't piss of the the others also.

But to be honest, I wouldn't worry that much about Mutants if they were real. I'd be worried about Magical Beings trying to invade Earth Every Tuesday or Every Friday we have another invasion or that one BIG Green Guy who likes to tear **** up when he's mad or that Giant Purple Guy who has this vendetta against a stretchy guy. It's THOSE people i'm afraid of lol.

Amazing Member

Magik by far.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Reality warpers are number one given their very power tends to cause them to lose their grip on reality at times and with it goes reality itself so they can kill you and everyone else without intending to.

In terms of electromagnetism manipulators there is really no Ultimate Magneto equivalent who will just up and decide to wipe out humanity (and most mutants) on a lark. Frankly for all their capability of massive global destruction they tend to be pretty focused in what they do compared to reality warpers.

That puts telepaths ahead of them as a danger as there are a great number of telepaths and few EM manipulators.
    Even worst, telepaths can take over Reality Warpers.

Ultimate Member

Telepaths, for sure, followed perhaps by illusionists and reality manipulators and flesh-sculptors like Masque or that Jeffries brother. Tons of mutants can kill you, but tons of humans can do that too, someone able to mess with your memories, perceptions or give you some sort of alternate appearance / crippling disfigurement can really mess with your sense of self...

Johnny Dee because he’s malicious

Without reading any responses and just reading the subject line I was going to say telepaths and cite Xavier as an example but I also see the danger of those who can alter reality. If they were real I'd def. fear Magneto because of the damage he could do (see the movie X-men Apocalypse).

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Telepaths, for sure, followed perhaps by illusionists and reality manipulators and flesh-sculptors like Masque or that Jeffries brother. Tons of mutants can kill you, but tons of humans can do that too, someone able to mess with your memories, perceptions or give you some sort of alternate appearance / crippling disfigurement can really mess with your sense of self...
    Don't forget time manpiulators.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Siena Blaze. Her powers caused devastating natural disasters and could potentially destroy the planet. What's worse is that unlike Magneto or other mutants capable of such destruction, Siena was almost suicidally reckless and didn't give a **** what happened to the rest of the world (or herself).

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I guess it would be telepaths.