Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gwenpool on Krakoa questions...

Has it been stated anywhere what her purpose is on Krakoa? Any writers express having a plan for her? Her mutation is localized reality manipulation? Is her code/chosen name just her name without the ‘e’ at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    Has it been stated anywhere what her purpose is on Krakoa? Any writers express having a plan for her? Her mutation is localized reality manipulation? Is her code/chosen name just her name without the ‘e’ at the end?
    Um doesn't KraKoa have enough female derivatives of male heros on its shores?
    GrindrStone(D)

Has it been stated anywhere what her purpose is on Krakoa?

No, but I don’t think she has one besides living there.

Any writers express having a plan for her?

None so far. Apparently KT, who's writing Deadpool #6 where he goes to Krakoa, hasn’t been keeping up with Gwenpool so she probably won’t even be in that.

Her mutation is localized reality manipulation?

I think that may be the best way to define it, in-universe. She’s a 4th wall-breaker like Deadpool and She-Hulk but in a far more abstract way. She can remove characters from reality*, reach outside of panels, observe the comic book from her Gutter Space, and morph characters into other incarnations*

*These aren’t permanent-basis powers and, if they aren’t reversed on their own, can simply be reversed if a writer wants to use that characters again.

Is her code/chosen name just her name without the ‘e’ at the end?

Yes.

She is inevitably going to be a guest star/team member in X-Factor.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Thank you greatly Tycon! I appreciate the effort to answer my questions in your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Or maybe Apoccy will sacrifice her to open a portal to somewhere?

No thank you
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Who is she? Is she a 616 native or some AR character? Isnt she some Gwen Stacy/Deadpool amagalm?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Who is she? Is she a 616 native or some AR character? Isnt she some Gwen Stacy/Deadpool amagalm?
    She was Gwen Stacy variant cover turned into actual character, called Gwen Poole with not relationship to Stacy. She comes (came now?) from the "real world" and could alter the comic book world because of it. During Young Avengers she mentioned she felt her history have been retconned and now she was confirmed to be a mutant so I guess her origin doesn't really apply, but I haven't read that comic so I don't know how that was reconciled.

In her conception, Gwen is a human from the "real world" and that is the origin of her powers.

In her latest comic, Kamala exposes the theory that perhaps Gwen is simply a confused mutant with reality warping powers that she could not control and therefore believes that she comes from the "real world", it would be a defense mechanism.

So you can believe either of the two theories, it is not clear that either one is truer than the other.

1) Gwen may be a reality warping human from another reality that is using her powers to be a mutant and live in Krakoa (because Gwen needs to be in popular comic books that are sold to survive and Krakoa is the most popular right now).

2) Gwen is really a mutant with reality warping powers that she couldn't control and the first theory is simply her subconscious altering reality for one that she can understand.

Correct! Some others get whammied away to the Fortnite world, and Gwen is left behind and says it's a tie-in.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/x-fa...-marvel-x-men/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I’m sure it pleases Gwen to be hanging around a-listers like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    In her latest comic, Kamala exposes the theory that perhaps Gwen is simply a confused mutant with reality warping powers that she could not control and therefore believes that she comes from the "real world", it would be a defense mechanism.
    I hope this is one day proven to be 100% canon because every other theory/origin story is totes ridiculous. But, in her defense, she is essentially a Deadpool derived character so ridiculous comes with the territory.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post

I hope this is one day proven to be 100% canon because every other theory/origin story is totes ridiculous. But, in her defense, she is essentially a Deadpool derived character so ridiculous comes with the territory.
    Other then the meta elements, she's not really a Deadpool derivative; that's part of the joke, her name just happens to be Gwen Poole.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Other then the meta elements, she's not really a Deadpool derivative; that's part of the joke, her name just happens to be Gwen Poole.
    I get that, but if Deadpool wasn't created as the wisecracking 4th wall breaking lunatic we all love then there would be no joke for Gwenpool's existence to be based on.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.