Booster Gold
    Legion of Superheroes
    Supergirl
    Hugo Strange
    Ra's Al Ghul
    Maxima (pre N52)
    Omega Men
    Dominators
    Last edited by the COMET; 04-25-2020 at 03:01 AM.

If Vixen guest stars, I buy (unless it's just a quick meaningless cameo where she says or does nothing, but just stands there in some group photo or something).
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Incredible Member

Grayson
    Doom Patrol
    LSH

Power Girl. Originally I only bought the Power Girl / Harley Quinn book because of her. Became a regular HQ reader because of PG and cheer every time PG appears. They are a fun combo. A bit of a comedy take on Brave and the Bold or Worlds Finest.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Power Girl. Originally I only bought the Power Girl / Harley Quinn book because of her. Became a regular HQ reader because of PG and cheer every time PG appears. They are a fun combo. A bit of a comedy take on Brave and the Bold or Worlds Finest.
    Not gonna lie, she's the only reason I've picked up a Harley Quinn book. Don't much care for Harley anymore otherwise. I know they retconned her blowing those kids up out, but dammit if I just can't like her after that and all the shilling in recent years via Injustice/Heroes in Crisis.

Hawkman if the art and writer are good.
    Please Remain Calm

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Not gonna lie, she's the only reason I've picked up a Harley Quinn book. Don't much care for Harley anymore otherwise. I know they retconned her blowing those kids up out, but dammit if I just can't like her after that and all the shilling in recent years via Injustice/Heroes in Crisis.
    *ponders* I think I missed that one. ... or it did not affected me that much. The blind girl story in 2ks HQ run was a bit heavy though. More recently I'm more concerned about DCs microstepping hers and Ivys relationship away to just being best buddys on every step they can get away with. Are lesbian/bi woman relationships a bad thing now?

Mighty Member

Animal Man, Static, or Vril Dox = I'm there.

Spectre or Catman = I might be there.

Toyman, Atomic Skull, Mr. Mind, or Scarface = I'm there.

Despero, Parasite, or Count Vertigo = I might be there.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Batman is in everything, so he doesn't automatically get me to buy a comic, even though he's my favorite character. However, these will because they're not overused:

John Stewart
    Mister Miracle/Big Barda
    Tim Drake
    Cassandra Cain
    Shiva
    Jay Garrick
    The LOSH

I also will pick up a comic if the Joker is in it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    *ponders* I think I missed that one. ... or it did not affected me that much. The blind girl story in 2ks HQ run was a bit heavy though. More recently I'm more concerned about DCs microstepping hers and Ivys relationship away to just being best buddys on every step they can get away with. Are lesbian/bi woman relationships a bad thing now?
    They aren't, but Ivy has taken a step back from force of nature to just Harley's girlfriend, which sucks since I always liked Ivy better. This isn't unique to her. DC usually only pushes one half of a couple at a time so while a shame, it's just business as usual from them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the COMET View Post
    Adam Strange
    Captain Comet
    Vril Dox
    Etrigan
    Catwoman
    Arion
    Booster Gold
    Legion of Superheroes
    Supergirl
    Hugo Strange
    Ra's Al Ghul
    Maxima (pre N52)
    Omega Men
    Dominators
    We have similar tastes; this list looks a fair amount like the one I put on the top ten heroes list.

Ted Kord (whether in uniform or not in uniform) will get me to check out/likely buy almost anything.
    After that... Big Barda, Fire, Ice, or Booster Gold will get me to at least take a look. Power Girl sometimes? Obviously I have lots of continuing JLI love.
    I'll look at titles in Batman if I hear Tim Drake might be on the roster to see if it is something worth picking up. Often the answer for me is no, but I have a soft spot for the character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sanderling View Post
    Ted Kord (whether in uniform or not in uniform) will get me to check out/likely buy almost anything.
    After that... Big Barda, Fire, Ice, or Booster Gold will get me to at least take a look. Power Girl sometimes? Obviously I have lots of continuing JLI love.
    I'll look at titles in Batman if I hear Tim Drake might be on the roster to see if it is something worth picking up. Often the answer for me is no, but I have a soft spot for the character.
    Another one which has a lot of character from my 10 favorites list in that thread.

Tim Drake.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Boisterously Confused

Hawkman and/or Mr. Terrific are probably the only two that would bring me to a title I wouldn't normally read.

Honestly though, it kind of depends who else is in the book. For example, IMO, there aren't too many ways to make a compelling team-up with the Spectre for most characters.