Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Guest star that will cause you to buy a DC book you wouldn't normally buy

Who are some guest stars that can sway you to buy a book you wouldn't normally buy?

There were certain villains that would appear in books that would interest me. Particularly any villains that were on Challenge of the Super Friends Legion of Doom - Sinestro, Giganta, Riddler, Scarecrow, Cheetah, etc...

I would also pick up DC Comics Presents or Brave And The Bold depending on who was with Superman or Batman. Atom, the Hawks, Captain Comet, Black Canary and Zatanna were favorites.

I bought Action Comics (or was it Supeman) for several months to follow The QUESTION in the lead-up to Leviathan.

This isn't quite your question, but I will always buy Justice League if Hal Jordan is the GL in the lineup. Otherwise, I rarely pick up JL books.

I will usually, though not always, pick up a Batman storyline if Two-Face is the villain.

I'm sure to check out any book Ted Kord Blue Beetle is in.

I always do it to a character I love that either doesn't have their own series or isn't used often in order to basically "vote with my wallet" and try to show DC that there is money there if they use that character.

Needless to say this became an incredibly expensive plan during Convergence when they did minis with Captain Marvel, Wally West, Oracle, Superboy (Conner), etc. But, hey, we got Wally back (despite how it was handled after) and a Captain Marvel series when his movie came out (despite how it was handled after), so it wasn't all a waste.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

Currently having Linda Danvers would get me to buy anything.

Extraordinary Member

Power Girl. Ted Kord as Blue Beetle. Captain Atom. Captain Comet. Vril Dox. Fire. Ice. Wildcat, (Ted). Alan Scott GL. Jay Garrick Flash. Maybe Kent as Dr. Fate. Ralph and Sue Dibney.

Speaking of which, what is the current status of say Ralph and Sue, Fire and Ice, and Captain Comet? Alive, dead, getting better? On a team? Hero, or on a heel turn? Haven't seen much about them in a while.

Lobo or Jason Todd.

The Lobo being a Green Lantern in Injustice 2 was the best thing about that comic. And I even stomached part of Leviathan when Jason was put in there.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Power Girl. Ted Kord as Blue Beetle. Captain Atom. Captain Comet. Vril Dox. Fire. Ice. Wildcat, (Ted). Alan Scott GL. Jay Garrick Flash. Maybe Kent as Dr. Fate. Ralph and Sue Dibney.

Speaking of which, what is the current status of say Ralph and Sue, Fire and Ice, and Captain Comet? Alive, dead, getting better? On a team? Hero, or on a heel turn? Haven't seen much about them in a while.
    Pretty sure none of them have been around since Rebirth. Not sure about New 52, haven't read the secondary JL books from that era.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Uhh...I would say Amethyst, but I don't care for her since she's been in those Bendis books. I guess that leaves Space Ghost.

Jay Garrick
    Wally West
    Bart Allen
    Ray Palmer
    Jack Knight
    Courtney Whitmore
    Max Mercury
    Jesse Quick
    Billy Batson
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Uhh...I would say Amethyst, but I don't care for her since she's been in those Bendis books. I guess that leaves Space Ghost.
    Isn't he Hanna Barbera, not DC?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't he Hanna Barbera, not DC?
    I suppose you could see it that way, though he has DC comic books, and has guest starred with DC characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Did you read his Future Quest stuff? I thought that was pretty good. The whole series was pretty solid IMO.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Metamorpho
    Deadman
    OMAC
    Ragman

Challengers of the Unknown
    Metal Men
    Doom Patrol
    Last edited by etrumble; 04-23-2020 at 11:59 AM.

The Doom Patrol
    Blue Beetle (Jaime)
    The Creeper
    Frankenstein
    Mister Miracle
    Etrigan